Metalsun's GT6 Gallery * Rain Forest 3D Render *

• Thread starter Metalsun
  • 84 comments
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Welcome to my GT Planet GT6 Gallery.
9215351715_2edbaba81c_o.jpg

Last edited:
I had admired this car for years and when it was included in GT6, it had to be my first GT6 edit. This N.A.R.T. Dino had a few modifications done to it from the standard car. I tried to go back in time to make the track as it was in 1972. The ARMCO barriers were 2 high instead of the 3 high that now exist, huge advertising. I removed the public, buildings, flags fence. I even replaced the driver. My reference photos had a driver with a white suit and red helmet, but there seems to be a glitch in the La Sarthe 2009 track that the driver would default to red/red. So I took a photo of the driver in PhotoTravel, removed all the advertising from him and pasted him in the Dino. Finally, I tried to give it an aged-color photo treatment. I was going to blur the car to make it more real, but, I just couldn't blur the fine details I put in.

Dino 246 GT 1972 24 Hours of Le Mans Original
by Metalsun, on Flickr

Dino 246 GT 1972 24 Hours of Le Mans
by Metalsun1, on Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/metalsun/11970581663/
As a natural progression of car racing, cars will get faster, so race tracks will need to change to slow the cars and protect the drivers. The Circuit de la Sarthe was no exception and in 1972 it had another transformation. The public road, by a white house (“Maison Blanche”), that cars raced by, was re-routed into what is now called the Porsche Curbs. Here, I recreated a Dino 246GT racing in this new road during the 1972 24 Hours of Le Mans. The 246GT came to be at Enzo Ferrari’s interest in racing in FIA Formula 2. Back then, a “true” Ferrari’s motivation was of the 12 cylinder flavor, so in honor of the 6 cylinder engine co-designer, the car was badged as a Dino, Ferrari’s then deceased son. In this race, the Dino 246GT, no. 46, chassis no. 02678, reached its most prestigious position in its racing history. The car formed part of Luigi Chinetti’s privateer team, the North American Racing Team (N.A.R.T.) and driven by Gilles Doncieux, Pierre Laffeach and Yves Forestier, to a 17th place overall finish, 7th in class.​

Last edited:
Great to see you back in the swing of doing these fantastic edits. 👍

This one is really good, very good on the livery work and body mods, plus the added detail you go to with the backdrops changes is awesome. So techinallly sound and the history you impart with every piece is also great. Really enjoyable. 👍

I'm really glad you've finally opened a GT6 gallery. It's always a real pleasure to watch your last work, to read the explaination, the story of the car, etc... It's more than cars or editing skills, it's passion :)

And as always, I'm more than impressed by the amount of work, the attention to detail you put in all your creation and the result is, as often, close to the perfection. Bravo :cheers:

With a model name like Diablo, it was pretty simple to think up a theme. I always wanted to burn up a Photo Travel location and the opportunity finally came up. As far as the car, plan A was to do a flame wrap on the car, plan B was to have the car glow hot with heat and flames. After doing some testing on plan B, I decided on plan A, B was not convincing enough. It would best fit in a darker environment.
The wrap was simple, just isolate the areas in the car to be wrapped in its own layer. Apply the desired texture to that layer. The more random the texture the better. If not, then you will have to twist and turn the texture into a logical shape that fits the camera view. Now, you will need to adjust the opacity to bring out the car's shading/shadows from bellow the new texture. Sometimes that is not enough, the car will look kind of dull. So you will need to manually add shadows and highlights to give some depth and glossiness to the car. Do these in independent layers to get better control.

By tradition, Lamborghini, names its cars by the name of famous fighting bulls. In this case, the car’s model name is in honor of a bull who fought and died after many hours in the ring at the sword of the “matador” José Lara "Chicorro" Jiménez in 1869. The bull was a breed from the stables of the Duke of Veragua in Spain. The name, “Diablo”, spanish for the Devil. Ronda, Spain, was a calm and peaceful place. Until, Kaz came by with his GT6 crew and the whole place went to hell with this devil!

Last edited:
This was definitely my first automotive...for a lack of a better word, LUST. I would stop in my tracks and just stare at the car when and wherever I would see it. I didn't want to miss anything, then it was gone. I know, it was pitiful but, you are the only guys who know what I mean.

I really like the Ascari track, so, while driving around I don't get that sense of aggression or racing history as in other tracks. I thought of myself having had a good Saturday trackday. In the final cool-down lap in the afternoon, I snapped a picture with this feeling of being totally gratified of day's events in my Porsche 911 Turbo.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I know what you mean. One of my fav cars also. I love Porsches and with your technical abilities you've made this awesome. Love it. The attention to detail is excellent. I don't know where you got those pieces you needed from but they fit very well. And the warm light and added sheens and flares are a great touch to top it off. 👍 👍

Very clean work, man how I would love Porsche to be in GT someday. :(

Last edited:
Ooh, really clean work there - it's nearly flawless! Nobody would doubt that there is a 911 Turbo in GT6 after being shown that picture. Well done!

Excellent work, very clean edit and the lens flare is well done too, espeiclaly like the adding little glowing ball on the roof and the right side of the bodycar 👍

GPR
I don't know where you got those pieces you needed from but they fit very well. And the warm light and added sheens and flares are a great touch to top it off. 👍 👍
Very clean work, man how I would love Porsche to be in GT someday. :(

Thanks GPR, as far as the rear bumper, I had to do a lot of searching. Two things had to coincide, a high resolution photo at a similar angle...and a hammer to make it fit the RUF. Porsches have a great racing history and I know it is inevitable for them to be included in Gran Turismo. Just wait until EA's contract expires.

Wow, super clean body work edits. And like George said, the warm light and flares are very nice.

Cedar, I was amazed also on how the sunset lighting influenced the photo, I'll have to do that again. Thanks.

Excellent work, very clean edit and the lens flare is well done too, espeiclaly like the adding little glowing ball on the roof and the right side of the bodycar 👍

Yeah Kodje, I got the idea at the last minute, just when I had finished. It's the little details that "sell" an image.

Revolution., NBDESIGNZ, TVR&Ferrari_Fan and The R!CE Guy thank you for your comments, I always appreciate them.

This was a looong project. Usually when editing, one would use parts of images of a real car and blend it in the GT6 photo. This time I wanted to challenge myself and tried to minimize this importing of images. The final image was probably 90% original editing. All the livery is custom. The most demanding editing was when I widen the wheel fenders from stock. Then there was the front facia. I painted in the wire mesh one by one and the bottom lip spoiler is imported. The interior is all painted and the driver, imported from another GT6 photo, painted to represent one of actual drivers in my reference photos. Part of my choice to pose this shot was to incorporate the heat distortions generated behind the cars. I have been trying for months and finally got it right. I’ll probably use it, when appropriate, in all my edits now.

Original image
12837482403_bdc966754a_c.jpg

Edited car without livery
12837830664_0620ebc284_c.jpg

Fully edited image

Ferrari 458 GT3 2014 24 Hours of Daytona[/URL] by Metalsun1, on Flickr

The TUDOR United SportsCar Championship is an effort to unify various series and its inaugural event was at the 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona a few weeks ago. Wow, did it work! The cars were well balanced and there was great racing. Usually in endurance races, there is a mad dash for position for the first few hours, a long “don’t screw-up, break or hit anything” stint and the final push for the podium the last few hours. Winners usually win by laps. Not here, of the 4 racing categories, 3 were fighting it out on the final lap! Through the great effort of the Level 5 Motorsports drivers, the #555 Ferrari 458 GT3 got to the flag first. Only to be time-penalized and striped of the win because of a controversial move with the #45 Flying Lizards Motorsports Audi R8 LMS at turn 4 in the final lap. Eventually, racing trumped controversy and Level 5 Motorsports was awarded the win three hours later in the GTD category. The first Ferrari win at Daytona in 16 years.
UPDATE: After Level 5 retired from the Tudor Championship, drivers Bill Sweedler and Townsend Bell moved to and raced the 555 for AIM Autosport. So, this past weekend in the 2014 Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, they got a 2nd place podium finish. This time, 6 cars in the lead lap for GTD!
Update 2: After 8 races into the series the #555 AIM Autosport (now with a modified livery) still leads in in the GTD championship by 2 points.

Last edited:
Stunning edit work 👍 I don't know where to start... There are too many awesome little details in this pic. The work on the wheel, the driver swap, all the little details of the livery... Awesome mate, that's really awesome !
Interesting effect these heat distortions on the background, looks a little bit like a painted effect.

Amazing!
Very realistic. Great editing work! Little details, background, driver...All of this are just perfect! 👍

Awesome work mate! Love the attention to detail! Though if I were to give some criticism, I would have to say that the perspective of the rear wing looks slightly off. Also the wing looks a little bit too short. Other than that, the rest is brilliantly done.👍

NBDESIGNZ, Kodje, baggist74 thanks a lot guys and you too The R!CE Guy, trying to "keep me on my toes". Your critical comments are always welcomed but as far as the rear wing, I understand why it seems odd.

...I would have to say that the perspective of the rear wing looks slightly off. Also the wing looks a little bit too short.

I assure you, the placement is quite accurate. In the practice days before the race I saw that the rear wing was "flat" but later was adjusted with a much greater "angle of attack" for the race. You can see below a reference photo taken during the race.

14_MR_LEVEL5.jpg

http://www.wheelhero.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/14_MR_LEVEL5.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh, I see that this is the Grand Am version of the 458 and not the FIA version which features a different/larger rear wing. I guess that's why it seemed odd to me since I was comparing it to the wrong car.

Nice work on the 458 edit, look pretty good. 👍

And your latest piece is awesome too, made me laugh and is edited well. Love the graphics addition to the boat. 👍

I also like the setting and would love a beach scene or beach side track in GT. My only slight crit is the sparks seems like they should be more translucent and trail of a little light at the tail end of them. But the rest is great, well done. 👍

Oh great it is another weekend driver, who thinks he can break the laws of physics. :ill: Other then that, keep up the good work.

Back