Miata Enduro

• Thread starter TwinTurbo
  • 10 comments
When do the other Miata's pit? How many times?

How is the Miata on Super slicks?

If I have to pit around lap 30 on a 40 lap race shouldn't I use Slicks and Try to go 20 laps?

how long will this race take?

Originally posted by TwinTurbo
When do the other Miata's pit? How many times?

How is the Miata on Super slicks?

If I have to pit around lap 30 on a 40 lap race shouldn't I use Slicks and Try to go 20 laps?

how long will this race take?

I did it in just under 70 minutes (I think ...). I used super hard tires and pitted on lap 25 just because I was so far ahead. If you take your time, the other cars will be pitting often enough for you to take the lead around lap 15 and never look back.

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic

I did it in just under 70 minutes (I think ...). I used super hard tires and pitted on lap 25 just because I was so far ahead. If you take your time, the other cars will be pitting often enough for you to take the lead around lap 15 and never look back.

~LoudMusic

Can't remember the time, but I know I was running a comfortable second in the first couple of laps to a red Miata that stopped on about lap 3 or 4, and was never headed after that.

I stopped on about lap 23-24 - the tyres were just starting to get orange, and I figured that since I was just over half distance it was the best time to stop to get the best out of the second set.

As I mentioned in another thread, I quite enjoyed this race - the Miata's quite nice to drive with the force-feedback wheel, and it was good fun to chip away at the lap times. I have no idea what I ended up doing as a best lap.

The Miata does take a while to warm up the superslicks, but the bonus is they stay green/yellow for a long time, so you've got a big sweet spot for optimum grip.

The chassis's good enough to not be a problem on the superslicks, just watch where you brake between turns one and two, if you leave it too late you can either spin or slide sideways into the gravel trap on the outside.

This is one of the few races where it's worth doing qualifying.

Originally posted by vat_man

Can't remember the time, but I know I was running a comfortable second in the first couple of laps to a red Miata that stopped on about lap 3 or 4, and was never headed after that.

I stopped on about lap 23-24 - the tyres were just starting to get orange, and I figured that since I was just over half distance it was the best time to stop to get the best out of the second set.

As I mentioned in another thread, I quite enjoyed this race - the Miata's quite nice to drive with the force-feedback wheel, and it was good fun to chip away at the lap times. I have no idea what I ended up doing as a best lap.

The Miata does take a while to warm up the superslicks, but the bonus is they stay green/yellow for a long time, so you've got a big sweet spot for optimum grip.

The chassis's good enough to not be a problem on the superslicks, just watch where you brake between turns one and two, if you leave it too late you can either spin or slide sideways into the gravel trap on the outside.

This is one of the few races where it's worth doing qualifying.

That's very true. I had a bit more trouble getting ahead of the red Miata though. I think it took two of its pits for me to get a lead on it, but then I never looked back. There is another one that pits on about a 6-8 lap cycle, and the others all pit about 15 laps (I think ...). It really is a good race. It doesn't take lightning fast cars to make for a fun game.

~LoudMusic

what did you have your miata's hp at? i have on my miata (my first car):

Mazda MX-5 Miata (J)
Stage 1 turbo
Racing Exhaust and Air Filter
Racing Flywheel
Lightweight Stage 1
Lightweight Stage 2

will this be enough?

Originally posted by gran_turismo_bandit
what did you have your miata's hp at? i have on my miata (my first car):

Mazda MX-5 Miata (J)
Stage 1 turbo
Racing Exhaust and Air Filter
Racing Flywheel
Lightweight Stage 1
Lightweight Stage 2

will this be enough?

Well if the Miata Enduro allowed tuning, then maybe. In the Roadster Enduro the Miata must not have been changed other than changing the oil, and changing the tires. My Miata had 168hp it was the LS version.

Originally posted by ZeroCool85

Well if the Miata Enduro allowed tuning, then maybe. In the Roadster Enduro the Miata must not have been changed other than changing the oil, and changing the tires. My Miata had 168hp it was the LS version.

AAHHH ... I completely forgot to get the initial oil change. No wonder they all ran off from me at the start. But those super hard tires allowed me to do 25+ laps without thinking about pitting. That's where I get it back on the long races.

~LoudMusic

Yeah - whatever the most powerful Miata is with an oil change.

I thought apart from tyres you couldn't do any mods for this race? Apart from the oil and tyres my car was absolutely bog standard.

Originally posted by gran_turismo_bandit
it won't let me in b/c of lightweight 1 and 2. sonofa... now i have to get another one. i want a f-1 car.

Do the SuperSpeedway enduro, you can either win the F090/S, Vette C5r, Clio Cup car, Tickford Falcon(worth 375,000!)

yeah, but i don't have a car that can compete in that race. i'm only on day 19. my highest hp car is a PT Crusier, with 192 hp. i don't think i'm fast enough for the super speedway at this point. my fastest time on that course with the crusier was 48.592 or something like that.

Back