Mice..best way to get rid of them?

• Thread starter Heath_1
  • 66 comments

Heath_1

(Banned)
Australia
a shoe box
GlazeVZ
Okay.. I have mice in this unit I live in.

Killed one myself with a bat, now found another.. possibly 2.

I hate these things, it may sound sissy but I really hate them, I hate them.

I'm going to buy those mouse traps that snap and kill them.. the spring loaded ones that you put cheese on.

Also, I've put cotton balls around the places/corners etc that I've spotted the unwanted guests. These cotton balls are dipped in blue kerosene.

If anyone else has advice please help.

I've cleaned my house and lifted my dog's food when he isn't eating as I've noticed this has been (his biscuits) their favorite item on the menu.

These filthy scum really do drive me up the wall.

supervillaincat.jpg

This is Roffle. There are no mice.

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering this.. I used to have a cat years ago and we never had mice, unfortunately she died.

A [young] cat is really the best way. A couple of years ago, I had a very old cat. She was wonderful for company, but was too old to hunt rodents. And so, we had at least one shrew living in our basement. We had put out traps, but they didn't work. Now, we had also been talking about getting another cat, so we went out and got a 6 month old tabby we named Tara. A week later, after she acclimatised to the new environment,there was a dead shrew in the basement. She went on to catch over 100 rodents that summer and leave them on our porch for us to bury.

I really hate them, I hate them.

Your words reminded me of this.

A gun?
My thought would be place some food in one place for a while and keep topping the food up then lace the food after a while.

The rats will get use to their being "Safe" food and never see the poison coming.

:lol: thanks for all your advice guys. I'll take a trip to the AWL this week and have a look.

and Grayfox.. that guy in the video is pretty much me with these damn rodents :lol:

Indiana Jones is "that guy"

If you get a cat, keep it in a cage or inside at night.
Too many idiots let their cats roam and they end up on the road getting hit by my car.

Too many idiots let their cats roam and they end up on the road getting hit by my car.

My cat would wait until you got out of the car, then drag it home and try to drown it.

My cat would wait until you got out of the car, then drag it home and try to drown it.
It's funny because Roffle actually looks like he is plotting an evil plan to take over the world. One of my cats does that too but he's to lazy to actually do anything. Only one of my four cats catches mice, and when he does, he gets them from outside and brings them in. ALIVE!

Look at the image again and, knowing his penchant for random slaughter, occasional drowning and the fact that last week he brought home a bird in its nest before tearing it apart, imagine he's thinking...

"I wonder what you taste of..."

We let our cat go out at night and she's fine. She hates the road, and avoids moving cars at all costs, though. That helps.

My cat has the annoying habit of injuring the mouse, bring it inside, throw it under my bed and start dodgeballing with it. Highly irritating at 3 AM :grumpy:

When a cat comes home with prey and doesn't kill it, it means it's a gift for you. I think that's sweet. 👍

Roffle looks like he's got it all under control... i mean, look at the way he crosses his arms like a boss, my cats bring the occasional gift (mice on a few occasions), but for some reason, they seem to think we like live spiders being brought to us, how they manage not to kill them straight off with their sharp teeth is amazing.

When a cat comes home with prey and doesn't kill it, it means it's a gift for you. I think that's sweet. 👍

It isn't when you wake up and find 3 of them dead and the carpet covered in blood and guts :lol:!

Damn cats!

Back