Mice..best way to get rid of them?

• Thread starter Heath_1
  • 66 comments
vjYxx.jpg

This is a size 15 Crater sandal. So named because it comes down like a meteor. On mice.

There are no mice anymore.

I've got rats in my office building. They rather like glue sticks for some reason. Humane traps didn't work so we switched to a spring-loaded kill trap. didn't work. High pitched sound box thing. Didn't work. Home made trap using Pringles tubes. Worked.

thumbnail.aspx

Slight recrop, slight Photoshop, slight meme forcing... I'll just leave this here:

slightlyforcedmeme.jpg

^You know, if Goldfinger had just SHOT James Bond, he would have saved me Hundreds on Blu-Ray discs.

That said, dont tie them down, and wait for a laser to cut them in half. Just kill them. Quickly.

Beeblebrox237
She went on to catch over 100 rodents that summer and leave them on our porch for us to bury.
This is why I love cats. A dog brings back a stick, a cat brings back food.

OP, moving would be best thing, as you know how rats multiply insanely quick.
Getting a cat to do your dirty work is second best, but make sure your neighbours aren't poisoning them, as cats play (kill) and eat their kills; or bring it back home.
Powring cement over every crevice you see and don't see.
Also, have you noticed if they come through the toilet sewer pipe?

Last edited:
Bowl of custard powder mixed with plaster of paris.
Slows the blighters right down. ;)

Cheers Shaun.

Also, if there are rodents in your house then there's a reason for them being there, which is usually food. Old rubbish, food left out too long, even cat food left down can attract them. Now I'm not saying your unit is dirty or you don't do the washing up for days, but it might be worth throwing grain and sugary treats around your neighbours units to make them more 'pest attractive' than yours. Then hit any stragglers with the CAT HAMMER! Jack Russells work well too.

See, and you thought I might be sensible for a moment. :D

Perhaps get an owl. Silent death from above...

Jack Russells work well too.

This 👍.
I had a pair of Jack Russells a few years back (RIP) and the only mice I ever saw were either, passed their used by date or in a corner under the watchfull snarling eyes of said dogs.

Apart from the anti rodent properties of Jack Russells they are also brilliant dogs. 👍

Cheers Shaun.

Can you eat mice? Might be a handy solution and a tasty snack. :dopey: If you run out of mice you could start on the cats... everyone gets a leg!

Alot of uppers, a BB gun and too much time being awake and unable to sleep. Thats how we got rid of them at our old apartment.

Can you eat mice? Might be a handy solution and a tasty snack.

You can (they're not poisonous), but it's likely they're covered in yucky germs, bacteria and other nasty stuff that can get you sick.

A cat for sure but dogs work just as well.
My two dogs have chase mice out of the house as they won't stop sniffing their hiding place. My Golden Retriever with her big paws has stunned them too and wait for me to go see her to show me her "gift" :)

Good luck!! I hate mice too :yuck:

Bram Turismo
My cat has the annoying habit of injuring the mouse, bring it inside, throw it under my bed and start dodgeballing with it. Highly irritating at 3 AM :grumpy:

My cat used to attempt to get my fish, out of the little hole in the tank, in the middle of the night. He didn't succeed, but it was every irritating hearing "Slosh, Slosh, Slosh". Multiple times a night sometimes. :grumpy:

we used glue traps ( the ones you fold into a triangle, that look like pup tents) and put peanut butter in them and set them up all over the place. when we caught one, i'd set it up outside and shoot them up with my BB gun.

My cats have proven quite effective over the years. However, i have used other methods as well.
I have used Ultrasonic boxes to good effect. They worked best in the garage plugged into the ceiling. You have to plug them in where they can "see" the entire room.
The big thing with mice in particular, is to find out where they are getting in.
Any crevice you see, stuff full of steel wool. Mice cannot chew thru it.
If you have no other animals, De-Con is a wonderful solution. It's is basically Warfarin, which is a blood thinner. Eventually the rodents die from internal bleeding. And there is supposed to be an ingredient in the poison that keeps the buggers from stinking as they decompose.
I have used glue traps to good effect. But you might want to BB gun on hand to dispatch the critters, as they panic and start to "scream". Also, if the mice are too small, a spring trap may only catch them by the tail, if at all. Again--BB gun to dispatch the little bastids.
Good luck, the bastids do breed quickly, so they must be dispatched in the same manner.

Mothballs, believe it or not.

Well today I bought:

14 snap traps
1 medium jar of peanut butter
2 packets of mothballs, each packet containing 2 plastic cages with mothballs
and enough bait to kill heaps of them.

The Mothballs seem to be working! They havent gone in the areas where I've hung the mothball cages, the poison is working a treat and already I've captured one in a snap trap.

I am by no means an animal activist, but I say make sure you either kill them quickly (snap traps) or release them. even small rodents dont deserve to suffer a long painful death. that is why i dont use glue trap or poison. snap traps are more humane because they snap the vertebrea so the mouse doesnt feel much. Plus you have the added bonus of knowing where you set the traps so you can remove the carcass before it starts to decompose and stink up your house.

Back