Microsoft Reveals Next-Gen Console: "Xbox Series X"

2342A85E-B3B8-44E8-A54F-F3C9F35D5610.jpeg

DCEF677C-33C5-4683-80A1-109A1BC80833.jpeg

Here’s some better contrast pics.
I‘m not a huge console guy but I like the design, it looks great.
Some won’t and will have to rethink their entertainment area to accommodate the height.

I hope they are working on the simulation physics aspects of the game.....

Hope not, iam from GT to Forza because it's more relaxing to play if you ask me... It needs some improvements but no simation.

So the XBSX, I like it. It'll sit nicely on the opposite side of my cabinet on the floor. Sub one side (looks like that just more depth) & XBSX on the other side, sorted.

This is the Lamborghini "Lambo" V12 Vision GT of consoles. :sly:

This is their Gamecube version.

I can half see my cats sitting on it or my wife mistaking it for a garbage bin. I don't mind the look though.
The name is closer to the Red Bull X series in my opinion. :lol:

It literally looks like a PC tower.
Di.. did you read my mind ? .:eek:

I agree it’s a rather lame name, but it’s far more original than putting a 5 behind the same name you’ve been using for 20+ years.
Im sorry but how can you call this original? Sure Playstation naming is standard and boring but "it just works" while with the Xbox required 0 seconds of thinking at least the Xbox one X had some meaning here its like we get Microsoft tis an Xbox we are not stupid.

Because while still bad, it's more original than what Sony does.
You are entitled to your opinion but again how is it original ? It takes the standard Xbox name + the first letter of the word Xbox if we are talking about original console names Sega is the best example.

Another plus it seems to me is the grill at the top with a bigger form factor allowing for better cooling of the system.

Why are some people saying this is basically a PC? It may be more powerful than current generation consoles, but I'm sure there won't be various OS and hardware settings to fiddle with for all eternity (like there are on PC).

Not fussed on backwards compatibility. If I want to play old games I can do it right now.

I’m more interested in how they use the power of these new consoles for new games and new ideas. Especially in terms of AI and how they could use it to take games to another level and not just then relatively linear games we have now.

The design in inoffensive and has clearly been design to fit with the aesthetic of modern tech areas. I.e black blocks. It’ll be anonymous and that’s perfect. Interesting to see the addition of a share button and elite style D pad on the controller.

Is this going to have an optical drive that I can put my old 360 game disks in and play, or am I going to be expected to re-buy everything and download it onto the SSD?

Back