Microsoft Reveals Next-Gen Console: "Xbox Series X"

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 13, 2019.

1. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Honestly only good name that came from Xbox was Xbox 360.

We always go by names hence why Playstation works and has worked for decades while Microsoft cant even get a proper name. Im playing a game console not some laptop.

Compare the Ferrari 458 Italia against the Mclaren Mp412c and see which people prefer as a name.

GregOr1971 and Sander 001 like this.
  2. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

The thing with the name is, there’s only one name that people buying it next Christmas are going to be calling it.

“Excuse me sir, I’d like to buy the new Xbox please.”

TVR27, SZRT Ice, Griffith500 and 7 others like this.
  3. ruestchiva

ruestchiva

It looked more like a Forza Horizon 5 rather and a Motorsport version. Racing through a rocky canyon is not very real, to say the least.

4. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

It absolutely is.

5. baldgye

baldgye Premium

Was talking to people at work about the new Xbox today and the name did confuse them.

The name branding for Xbox is such a mess it’s not easy to lay them out and clearly see which is which. Playstation might not have the most creative naming conventions, but it’s so easy and clear to see where each system sits.

Whitestar, LeGeNd-1, MrCrynox and 3 others like this.
  6. AlexDB9

AlexDB9

The name doesn't excite me, too utilitarian. Like who is gonna say "hey, wanna play some Series X"? They will just call it Xbox.

But the design has grown on me, it's for sure something different.

7. CCLOPES

CCLOPES

RIP anyone's living room shelving.

TVR27 and klondike like this.
  8. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

I think I like it. I think it's like 3 GameCube's stacked on top of each other, size wise. Would definitely be more convenient if it was a traditional shape though.

AlexDB9 likes this.
  9. Bricks50

Bricks50

Looks like a shoe box

10. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

The thing is though, it was a Koenigsegg Regera. The Jesko was welcomed by Dan to be part of Turn 10, which is pretty much hinting at the car is going to be part of the next Forza Motorsport, not Horizon.

Also also, seeing the Regera there says that Forza Motorsport 8 will be a launch title alongside Halo and other games Microsoft will announce at E3 next year, but we already know that. Chris did say we'll hear more about the game next year, so there's that too! :D

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  11. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

That's basically what happens to any console no matter what it's called.

VXR likes this.
  12. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

Except the Switch, Genesis, Megadrive, Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn etc.

13. ImaRobot

ImaRobot

Genesis CDX
    WII U

You got me with Gamecube though :lol: I'm just nitpicking those two though :p However, that doesn't really change the point being made about this or the Playstation, which the discussion seems to be about.

PocketZeven likes this.
  14. PocketZeven

PocketZeven

The Wii U perhaps, but the Genesis CDX, was called the CDX or perhaps Sega CDX way back when. A friend of mine owned one of those.

15. Petroperu

Petroperu

Could've named it Xbox Infinity or something like that.
    Like the glowy top but it resembles too much a tower PC.

16. ctdc67

ctdc67

I am confused, is this the Andocoda?

17. inCloud

inCloud

most likely, they share design

18. urmie

urmie

I like the name, it's actually just "XBOX", but they needed to make it different from the original console. "Series X" just refers to the power level, much like how cars have different trim levels. Day One.

Project Scarlett - XBOX
    Anaconda - Series X
    Lockhart - Series S (presumably)

SZRT Ice and TokoTurismo like this.
  19. redhed17

redhed17

Is this what the Cybertruck designer does in his lunch hour! :eek: My that is the most unimaginative console design ever imho. :sick: Powerful computers with very expensive 3D software to draw a load of straight lines, or maybe it was a piece of paper and a ruler. :rolleyes:

I know it is all about the games, but the 'box' has to live somewhere in the hope.

I applaud them for full backwards compatibility though. :tup: :cheers:

20. ThruxtonGT

ThruxtonGT

21. GTV0819

GTV0819 (Banned)

The naming scheme for this thing seems to be confusing. Nevertheless, I hope it fares better than the outgoing console.

22. Dylan

Dylan Premium

It’d be cool if dbrand comes out with a skin for it that makes it look like an Amazon package.

23. die996

die996 (Banned)

Better names for this 4th Xbox...

Xbox Scarlett - A lot of project names like Nintendo Revolution sound great, I swear to God brands are made of idiots
    Xbox 720 (or 1080) - I guess the name would start look ridiculous when 1440 comes but still better than the current stuff
    Xbox 3000 (or 4000)
    Xbox Mark IV
    Xbox Type-D - The upgraded models could be named like SuperD, HyperD, LightD, etc.

24. redhed17

redhed17

The only potential problem with that is that if you have a delivery person in the house, they may start throwing it about. ;) :lol:

BGT2011 and Dylan like this.
  25. Robin

Robin Premium

I wonder given how both next gen consoles are rumoured to be very similar under the hood if the PS5 will be similar in shape, or rather dimensions.

26. andrea

andrea

[​IMG]

Dylan likes this.
  27. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I tend to disagree. Sure its been 20+ years, but I feel like Sony keeping the Numbered scheme is good. Its simple and no confusion as to what it is. Its quite literally on-brand with their PlayStation Brand and frankly, I'm just fine with them sticking with what works as opposed to...whatever Microsoft keeps doing ever since the 360.

Now sure there is Nintendo to prove that the different names can work but if I'm honest, I feel like it ONLY works with them.

GregOr1971 and SZRT Ice like this.
  28. Northstar

Northstar Premium

I never said the PlayStation has a worse name, just that it’s not exactly the poster child of originality.

Really not sure how to make this more clear to people in this thread. Perhaps I should try saying it in meme form?

29. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I never said you did, I simply disagreed and explained why I believe it works.

SZRT Ice likes this.
  30. Northstar

Northstar Premium

How can you disagree with something I never said? :confused: