Microsoft's About to Make it Even Easier to Play Xbox Games on PC

Really starting to like Microsoft, I understand they have to do more as they are falling so far behind Sony but I feel like for the consumer microsoft is starting to be much better. Outside of the fantastic games they back Sony is starting to seem a bit too corporate to me.

I dont think this will help in selling xboxes though
I don't think Microsoft will be too worried if they can sell their software on both platforms. Since Forza moved to PC my Xbox One has been gathering dust under my TV.

If the next generation of software is too powerful for my PC then Anaconda or Lockhart might be an option though.

Not really related to this, but in Xbox Assist, when you highlight the Back button, the outline is very much like it would be in Windows on the desktop. Coincidence? I think not...

I rather like this and if it allows me to play any Xbox game on my PC, then I have no need for a console going forward.

I dont think this will help in selling xboxes though

Unlike Sony they don't care about selling hardware. They want to sell you on all their subscriptions. Xbox game pass, Office 365, etc... What they are doing is very smart and Sony is trying to copy but given Microsoft's big presence in cloud services it won't be easy to keep up with them. We'll see.

I don't think Microsoft will be too worried if they can sell their software on both platforms. Since Forza moved to PC my Xbox One has been gathering dust under my TV.

If the next generation of software is too powerful for my PC then Anaconda or Lockhart might be an option though.
That's the point though. What is the point of buying an Xbox apart from no point at all?

That's the point though. What is the point of buying an Xbox apart from no point at all?
As a cheaper alternative to a powerful PC. It's another entry point for people to buy the software which is the most important part of the ecosystem. The way things stand I'll probably upgrade my graphics card instead but not everyone will want to go that route. More options are better than fewer.

As a cheaper alternative to a powerful PC. It's another entry point for people to buy the software which is the most important part of the ecosystem. The way things stand I'll probably upgrade my graphics card instead but not everyone will want to go that route. More options are better than fewer.

Agreed on more options being better. Since moving to PC, my XB1 is primarily used by my children. I only play it for a couple of games that aren't on PC. Virtua Fighter 2, VF5 and Altered Beast Arcade (found in the Sonic's Genesis/Megadrive collection). Other than that, I dont turn the system on.

I still wish Microsoft actually went through with the rumored allowing Steam to run on the XB1. That would have opened up a huge library of games on the console. But that would have also opened up a Pandora's box too, due to the Adult Only games that can be found on Steam, like; the game where you are a psychopath gone postal and slaying innocent victims (surprised I didnt mention any of the sessy time titles?). I guess Microsoft didnt want that nightmare, or perhaps the rumor was just that. A rumor.

Back