microtransaction in GT6, what you guys think about it

• Thread starter Yaodrift
  • 12 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very worrying. When it succeeds it will most certainly heavily influence gameplay for GT7. Depending on the seasonals payouts it might already on GT6.

On a side note: I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't call ~100€ micro transactions anymore.

I seen it on youtube that it would cost X amount of Dollars for the most expensive car in Forza 5 but wasn't surprised.
Lol Couldn't believe PD had jumped on the bandwagon. Its is good for them as extra income and no one is forcing us to buy the top up in game cash.
I don't understand why it's needed, as cash is so easy got from the game anyway.
Plus I just found out as a bonus for pre ordering I got 1 million in game credits plus 2 car packs

Not going to buy credits... thefore it doesn't bother me in the slightest. As long as the don't change the actualy game in order to try and lure you into buying credits then i'm not bothered at all.

I think....there's already a major thread for this and you should have used the search function...

I saw someone posting a season event price win, and it was only 17k, and that is not what we call a lot of money, PD is going to force people to buy MT, to progress in GT6...

Microtransactions for me are 69p type purchases. £3.99, £9.99 etc, for credits in a full price game is taking the piss. People can argue that you don't have to buy them, I certainly won't, but some people will pay for them. And because people buy them, game companies will keep on putting them in.
DLC is fine, where it actually expands the game and gives you more to do over whatever you previously had, microtransactions are just for people who can't be bothered to play the game in it's entirety. Now, that could be because the game is poorly designed forcing you to stick a rubber band on your controller and wall ride for hour after hour. Shortcomings in game design should not make it ok to stick microtransactions in a game, but that is what we seem to have with GT6.

I think it's ok. Why? Because game is NOT based on it. In other words if you have money you can buy it, all other guys will just play. I dunno how situation in FM5, but I think that you CAN'T buy some of the best game cars without paying for it (even if its in form of "DLC"). If like this - I'm really, really against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back