Microtransactions and cost

  • Thread starter Thread starter tennyis
  • 27 comments
  • 1,540 views
Messages
63
Messages
DarkwingDudes
If Microtransactions where cheaper would you purchase them?

1 mil - $1.99
2.5 - 3.99

etc
 
Not right now, since I feel so good about saving a long time for a car I really want... Maybe in the future if the seasonal events uses som rare machines.
 
I don't think i would, becourse i just don't see the need. I mean, after just a couple of huirs i bought, 2 cars (SRT Viper and some 350Z tuner) and i still have close to 300k creds. Money accumilates quite fast if you don't tune your cars too much and sofar i only bought some tires.
 
If Microtransactions where cheaper would you purchase them?

1 mil - $1.99
2.5 - 3.99

etc
Not only NO, but HELL no. I absolutely despise micro-transactions in a game that is not F2P.
It should not be like this...thank goodness people already found "work around" to this crap.

I usually don't condone them, but in this case I'm all about it.
 
I don't think i would, becourse i just don't see the need. I mean, after just a couple of huirs i bought, 2 cars (SRT Viper and some 350Z tuner) and i still have close to 300k creds. Money accumilates quite fast if you don't tune your cars too much and sofar i only bought some tires.

Hei Konrad :) Hvordan går det kålrabi? ;) Hehe.
 
It's not about the money. It's about the principle. It's like being charged twice for the same thing. As long as people are willing to pay, this is here to stay. If it were a miserable failure, these companies would look for profits somewhere else.
 
10 million credits for €1, yes.
 
This probably is the worst idea PD had in years.. meanwhile.. yet Im happy that some stupid people could give PD some extra money, that way it would rise income and that means better games for the future!
 
This probably is the worst idea PD had in years.. meanwhile.. yet Im happy that some stupid people could give PD some extra money, that way it would rise income and that means better games for the future!
Not really all that would do is show them it works...Once they know they can make extra $$ off nickel and dime crap like this it will only get worse
 
This probably is the worst idea PD had in years.. meanwhile.. yet Im happy that some stupid people could give PD some extra money, that way it would rise income and that means better games for the future!


If you think it's a bad idea you should totally be against anybody buying credits. If even just a small number of gullible people buy them, they'll be here to stay. It's 100% profit for them while doing hardly any work.
 
I personally have no issue with Microtransactions provided they're reasonable.

For instance, Uncharted 3's microtransactions was guns with custom character skins (they had mods, but the same mods could be added to the non-custom skin guns) and custom clothing, all very easily obtainable in the game, for a simple price of ¢99.

This is a very simple model that works well and efficient, and more importantly, is REASONABLE. A simple $1 for a gun or a personalization item that you can also earn simply by just playing the game.

If it was say, $1 for 1 million credits, maybe $5 for 5 million, and $10 for 10 million, that's SO much more reasonable than $10 for 1 million. The current prices however, definitely are not reasonable.
 
No I would not pay real cash for game credits, period. I prefer to enjoy the game more by entering completed races with lesser cars (or equal cars on lesser tires, with less power, etc.) to challenge my driving skills while earning credits at the same time. This also presents the opportunity to test and tune some of my cars while earning credits and having fun all at the same time. See what I did there? Having fun should not be as hard as we make it sometimes.

I would pay real cash for certain DLC cars and tracks, but not for game credits.
 
I dont support microtransactions in full prized games. So i normally dont buy games that have them.
 
Interesting responses. I don't support them either but I was curious if the price had an effect on it and for most it does not. For me though 7 mil credit for 1.99 i'd probably do it... saves having to grind the same track over and over again
 
For me though 7 mil credit for 1.99 i'd probably do it... saves having to grind the same track over and over again

This is what they are counting on. And why would you have to grind until you go blind? Because there are cars that cost 20 million credits, and each race pays crap. There's not even B spec yet.

Look, it's like this: You have already paid for the game and every car in it. Oh, you also want to use a certain car? That's going to cost you extra. BS! Yeah, you don't "have to" pay, you can spend months grinding. That's not a reasonable choice.
 
I've already had about 250million credits for free, so no. I wouldn't in any case.
 
I've already had about 250million credits for free, so no. I wouldn't in any case.
lol glitch it up :) whoever did that mistake is probably out of a job :) cost them tons in sales haha.
 
Not really all that would do is show them it works...Once they know they can make extra $$ off nickel and dime crap like this it will only get worse

Well I agree, but still, knowing PD for years now.. I hardly doubt they will stop working hard... they do miss out a lot of things.. they really dont read nothing we ask.. meanwhile they claiming they build GT6 based on what fans are requesting.. :) we all know its lies!
 
Well I agree, but still, knowing PD for years now.. I hardly doubt they will stop working hard... they do miss out a lot of things.. they really dont read nothing we ask.. meanwhile they claiming they build GT6 based on what fans are requesting.. :) we all know its lies!

That's because most fans request rubbish... I feel that they are living up to the promise of including viable ideas and propositions, sound is better UI is better, steering feel and physics are much better, even standards and some sound is much better, what do you people want?Livery editor and other stuff is coming in Gt7 etc
 
That's because most fans request rubbish... I feel that they are living up to the promise of including viable ideas and propositions, sound is better UI is better, steering feel and physics are much better, even standards and some sound is much better, what do you people want?Livery editor and other stuff is coming in Gt7 etc

no, no... no livery editor.. well fans are requesting tons of good stuff also.. in races there is no qualify, no practice laps, no standing starts.. drift still sucks bad with no support whatsoever, people cant choose they're own country flags.. it all feels like tetris... the only good things are physics and cars.. everything else is pure limited tetris.. tracks still feels dead and empty.. it feels like Im driving on the moon on every track..

yet still its best driving game I Played.. and I played many! But why not improve!? its 2013 and GT6 looks even more simple than GT5! :( Except those new awesome physics and I love new tracks.. so much fun!! but still empty as hell... and every race is basically the same.. starting from the back every time.. boring..

EDIT: ahh forgot to add Mission races and Coffee breaks also are good fun.. and at least its something new at last! GT6 must have more of those!
 
Last edited:
I have no issue with micro-transactions being in games as it allows those people who don't have the time to spend playing the game (have families, work long hours etc) to buy the more expensive cars. For me, there would be no way I would buy any as I am happy playing the game as is (but I have the time to spend playing it so....). Having owned the game for 5 days and played approx 3 hours a day (couple of days was 6 hours), I have earned over 1M credits and am only halfway through National A and, having done a couple of races in IB, I know the credits will build quicker so I see no need to buy credits
 
What annoys me is this, people glitch the game and get free money, others want to support GT and pay their way.. just like in real life, you always get people pushing in and jumping the queue! I agree, that there should be bigger payouts, especially when you get towards the second half of the career mode.

Also I think that they are over priced these credits.
 
Never, I wouldn't pay for credits even if they were a penny. I wouldn't even do the glitch which give gives you 20M for free.

I'll stick to playing the game and earning my credits the old fashion way, by racing. The credit payout is just fine, actually previous versions of Gran Turismo seemed a lot more difficult to earn credits than GT6. Winning races in GT6 seems too simple.
 
Back