Mid-Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Racing Car Drift Trial: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
Mid-Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Racing Car Drift Trial: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

DT#41 - Mid-Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Racing Car Drift Trial @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[DT#41] - Mid-Engine, Rear-Wheel Drive Racing Car Drift Trial @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
I tried quite a number of cars, to see which was best for this one, as i didnt have many i felt was suitable for drifting...

Alpine VGT: 4814
Mazda 787B: 4102
Zytek Nissan: 4209

Now i was going to settle with my Bilstein Audi R8 GT3 with 4960

...but found out my "Renault Megane Trophy Base Car" was a pretty good MR Drift car scoring a good 6206 points

2i0w01t.jpg

Having no problems with this drift event, using a r8 ultra on stick. Did a 9430 score in second full try(out of 5 attempts.kinda hard to hit the good line in first attempts =)) For some reason i hate the delta wing so freaking much....damn japan drifters on top :3

6934 with the R8 LMS ultra, have no clue about tuning, slapped on some comfort hards and stiffened the suspension. Can anyone give me some tips for this car for drift? Thanks :cheers:

Could anyone point me in the direction of a good tutorial on drifting?

It's something I've never been able to get the hang of, or do consistently. Occasionally I've just managed gold on some events, but that was down to blind luck. Mostly I'll start drifting OK, but then spin and lose my points, or go off-track and lose my points. Sometimes I can't even start the drift and end up with next to no points and the game booing at me!

I've tried @shaunm80 's Lambo tune, and the best I've gotten is about 3,600 points - and that was just a fluke. My next attempt yielded just a few hundred.

I really want to improve my drifting, so I'm hoping someone can help.

o

It's something I've never been able to get the hang of, or do consistently. Occasionally I've just managed gold on some events, but that was down to blind luck. Mostly I'll start drifting OK, but then spin and lose my points, or go off-track and lose my points. Sometimes I can't even start the drift and end up with next to no points and the game booing at me!

I've tried @shaunm80 's Lambo tune, and the best I've gotten is about 3,600 points - and that was just a fluke. My next attempt yielded just a few hundred.

Wheel or DS3?

If wheel, set it to 200 degrees, or whatever the lowest setting is. This allows you to correct and control the slides without having to spin the steering wheel extreme amounts. I couldn't drift at all until I discovered that. Now I'm often in the top 500.

Also, I've never had any luck with Shaun's tunes; many people love them, but I must have a different style--and I use a wheel instead of controller. For me, Schmo's drift tunes work best, and Praiano's, MCHami's and Ridox's tunes are my favorite for racing. But everyone has their own style, and it's all about personal preference.

Last edited:

There's also this
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wanna-know-how-to-drift-ask-here.296641/

o

Wheel or DS3?

If wheel, set it to 200 degrees, or whatever the lowest setting is. This allows you to correct and control the slides without having to spin the steering wheel extreme amounts. I couldn't drift at all until I discovered that. Now I'm often in the top 500.

Thanks @Jbaffoh , I tried using a wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT) but found it too difficult for pretty much the same reasons you state! I'm not sure if/how I can set it to 200 degrees - I've never seen that option within GT6.

That said, usually I use the DS3 because it's easier to steer more quickly.

Thanks for the link @S_Bridge , I will read through it and also see what I can find on YouTube.

Thanks @Jbaffoh , I tried using a wheel (Logitech Driving Force GT) but found it too difficult for pretty much the same reasons you state! I'm not sure if/how I can set it to 200 degrees - I've never seen that option within GT6.

That said, usually I use the DS3 because it's easier to steer more quickly.

Thanks for the link @S_Bridge , I will read through it and also see what I can find on YouTube.

The wheel lock settings are not in GT6; they are here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Drifting with a wheel is much harder than I expected. My time trial times have improved with it a fair bit but I've found with drifting I have gone from getting in the top 1000 fairly regularly, to just being able to get the gold score. Setting the wheel to have less lock definitely helps

I guess its the way I drift cars then. I achieved gold on the second attempt with this car.. If you are struggling, adding camber and some more +ve toe may help. :)

it has just to do with my driving skills,this was the first time i spend actually time on drifting.
i mostly skipped the drifting seasonals,i didn't even tried it.
i've reduced the acceleration sens of your tune,that's the only thing i've changed to gain gold.
I'll take note of the tips about the camber and toe angles for the next time ;).

it has just to do with my driving skills,this was the first time i spend actually time on drifting.
i mostly skipped the drifting seasonals,i didn't even tried it.
i've reduced the acceleration sens of your tune,that's the only thing i've changed to gain gold.
I'll take note of the tips about the camber and toe angles for the next time ;).
Thats what some of my regular thread contributors have done to make my drift tunes easier to use anyway. They usually score mega points so I defer to their judgement most of the time. :)

I only do the drift seasonal events to get the paints and the credits. I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but I am quite good at getting gold within a few runs these days.

Back