Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
Sorry for the delay gentlemen (and ladies?) Cars ran, times collected and tyres well and truly ruined. Now after a possibly longer than usual disclaimer we shall have the results of my testing.

Tester's Disclaimer: My apologies in advance. I use a DS3 with X and [ ] for gas and brakes with steering on the stick set to Steering sensitivity 2. ABS-1 and AT. Due to my inconsistency as a driver and the obvious shortcomings of my chosen method of control, some of these tunes suffered a good bit in lap times. But I did do a minimum of 30 laps per car in each direction (Except my own getting 10 max.) And re-tested the ones I think should have done better.
Cars were tested in this order on the forward run and I reversed the order for the reverse track.
Time set to 12.00pm as suggested and what better time for a shootout. Track set to real.

The results:

1 - @doblocruiser
SRT Viper GTS '13
673/1556/572 - Sports Computer - Custom wing B
Forward - 1:11.503
Reverse - 1:13.011
Average - 1:12.257
DC - 7.5

I felt this car had good smooth braking and entry but got real loose, real fast mid corner and on exit. On the reverse layout though the rear felt a lot better and I started to enjoy it a bit more instead of fighting it all the time. If ever there was a car you need to straighten up before going near the gas this is it. Good tune but just needs a bit more grip in the rear for me.

2 - @DaBomm4
Ferrari F40 '92
614/1352/566 - High RPM Turbo - Sports Computer, Cat - Intake - Exhaust manifold
Forward - 1:11.418
Reverse - 1:12.626
Average - 1:12.022
DC - 8

Much the same as the Viper above, this one could get wild really fast. However I felt this had a bit more poise and felt easier to control on throttle. Yes it still likes to kick the tail out and yes it's loose, but boy it's a huge amount of fun. This car more than most in the shootout I feel, stayed as close as it could to the feel of the stock car but with more control. I liked this car a lot but as competitive, consistent performer it didn't do to well for me.

Most fun car in the shootout for me by miles. I enjoyed it that much I've even painted it pink:tup:

3 - @Brewguy44
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08
606/1552/580 - Stock - Remove wing
Forward - 1:10.995
Reverse - 1:13.211
Average - 1:12.103
DC - 7.8

This is the complete opposite of the other Viper in the shootout. I found it incredibly easy to drive, really stable and well, a little slow. On the forward layout I think it did well. I could almost throw it at corners and boot the gas all the way to the floor with confidence the rear would never try and overtake me. It did come at a price though. The car just felt sluggish coming out of most of the corners especially Turn 3 on the reverse layout. With more weight towards the rear it just didn't want to pull out that corner for me and you need to get a good exit from that corner to stand a chance on here. Good stable tune though, even I could stay around the same lap-time all day.

4 - @shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
593/1485/566 - ES3
FORWARDS - 1:10.669
REVERSE - 1:12.521
Average - 1:11.595
DC - 9

Do you have your own style!? Of course and don't ever change it :) This is another fine example of your style, super smooth, super consistent and easy to drive. I always struggle to adapt to your cars but there is always a learning curve and it's usually as smooth as the car itself. A great stable car which wants to be driven properly but protects you when you don't. A little too neutral for my tastes but a great car none the less.👍

5 - @TurnLeft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
593/1485/566 - ES3
Forward - 1:10.712
Reverse - 1:12.300
Average - 1:11.506
DC - 8.8

This was a little different. Who am I kidding, this was a lot different, the hoon's car I believe. Good description and probably why I found this a little easier to get use to :lol: Seriously though, I probably peaked earlier with this car than I did my own, but kept going just to make sure. The balance was pretty good and I had the confidence from the first lap that I could push this car a bit harder. There were some understeer issues in a few places but the early rotation could be used to help with that in the shorter corners but longer ones suffered. The reverse lap in this was a revelation. It was for me, the most stable and consistent car through turns 1-3 and this had a huge bearing on being the quickest Ferrari on the reverse lap.

6 - @Otaliema
Ferrari F430 Scuderia '07
562/1350/565 - ES3
Forwards time 1:10.620
Reverse - 1:12.363
Average - 1:11.492
DC 9.2

Everything that needs to be said about this one, has. This is a guided missile with a sense of self preservation. It did what you wanted and I really, really liked this car. Other than that little bit of exit understeer I can't fault it. If you had taken the shackles off this would have been close to a 10.

7 - @xande1959
Aston Martin One-77 '11
748/1630/580 - Stock
Forward - 1:10.770
Reverse - 1:13.072
Average - 1:11.921
DC 9

Sorry I could go no quicker. This car was very nice to drive. Very fast, very smooth. Unfortunately the driver wasn't and struggled to get the power down early enough to produce decent times. A real drivers car this one had a great feel and good balance. Very good job

8 - @Motor City Hami
Nissan NISMO GTR '14
635/1720/585 - ES1 - Sports Cat
Forward- 1:11.025
Reverse - 1:13.241
Average - 1:12.133
DC 8.5

A solid tune on a heavy car. This GT-R suited me a bit more than the other one, I felt it was more eager and I was able to be very consistent with it. For me better forwards than reverse. I found I needed less time in this to get decent laps done. If I was doing short races I'd want this one. Great job.

9 - @787B
Nissan NISMO GTR '14
Forward - 1:11.343
Reverse - 1:12.821
Average - 1:12.082
DC 8.8

An all round much smoother GT-R. much the opposite of the other, it went better on reverse. Really easy to drive and neutral handling. I was more consistent in this one, I'd rather have this one in an endurance race. I think that's the first one of your's I've tried, very nice. Great job

10 - @Thorin Cain
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '09
660/1565/576 - Stock
Forward - 1:09.522
Reverse - 1:11.337
Average - 1:10.430
DC-9

Almost did what I wanted. Nailed the forward track but was a little hit and miss in the chicane. Did well on reverse but couldn't catch the ghost. Back to the mountain for more tweaking.

11 - @Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
677/1490/571 - ES3 - Sports Computer, Cat - Intake - Exhaust manifold - Custom wing A
Forward - 1:11.272
Reverse - 1:13. 788
Average - 1:12.530
DC - 8

A very big surprise this one. I was expecting to spend a lot of time facing the wrong direction, being spat out of corners or just plain fighting for grip. Not the case. I found it had loads, maybe too much. I found the car real easy to drive but a lot more difficult to drive fast. It felt heavy to me but the steering was pretty responsive. good pull out of corners but needs a much smoother driver than me to get it through them well enough to post a decent time. Felt better forwards than reverse by a long way although turns 1 and 2 were epic fun.

12 - @DolHaus
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
622/1490/568 - ES2
Forward- 1:09.635
Reverse - 1:11.205
Average - 1:10.420
DC - 10

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said about this one either. After a couple of laps to get use to it I couldn't help but get quicker and quicker with this. An absolute animal of car, Lets yo know how it wants to get round the track and rewards you greatly when you do. This is a gem, without doubt one of the best tunes I've tried on GTPlanet. Excellent job my friend:tup:

13 - @brian wolf
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1(C6) '09
639/1508/573 - Stock
Forward - 1:10.481
Reverse - 1:12.288
Average - 1:11.353
DC - 8.8

Another one owed an apology. This is one fast car, very precise and stable too. Just not my cup of tea, requires more control than I have to get the best out of it. I'll improve my driving a lot using this often. Thanks for this one and great work.:cheers:

14 - @Bowtie-muscle
639/1508/573 - Stock
Forward - 1:10.279
Reverse - 1:12.057
Average - 1:11.168
DC - 9

This was a bit more to my style of driving than Brian's I was giving it too much respect after using is and it took a bit of time to get it. Once I did it was great fun and fast too. Only thing I found to be an issue was some juddering under breaking in a few places, mostly into turn one forwards and turn 3 in reverse. Didn't really like the kerb too much either. Other than that I loved it. Nice work. Not bad for a yank tank :P

Hopefully all is well but please feel free to ask for any more information or query my results if you think I was unfair in any way.

Thanks to all the tuners for providing some great cars and @CSLACR for organising this event. It was a great deal of fun trying these out and made better by the soundtrack, kudos for the stock transmission idea.👍

13 - @brian wolf
639/1508/573 - Stock
DC - 8.8

Another one owed an apology. This is one fast car, very precise and stable too. Just not my cup of tea, requires more control than I have to get the best out of it. I'll improve my driving a lot using this often. Thanks for this one and great work.:cheers:
No apology needed! Great job with testing and reviews! 30 laps? Crikey, thats some thorough testing! :cheers:👍

12 - @DolHaus
622/1490/568 - ES2
DC - 10

There isn't much I can say that hasn't been said about this one either. After a couple of laps to get use to it I couldn't help but get quicker and quicker with this. An absolute animal of car, Lets yo know how it wants to get round the track and rewards you greatly when you do. This is a gem, without doubt one of the best tunes I've tried on GTPlanet. Excellent job my friend:tup:
Very well driven sir, thank you very much for testing and I'm glad you enjoyed the car :cheers:

Hopefully all is well but please feel free to ask for any more information or query my results if you think I was unfair in any way.

Thanks to all the tuners for providing some great cars and @CSLACR for organising this event. It was a great deal of fun trying these out and made better by the soundtrack, kudos for the stock transmission idea.👍
How dare you. 30 laps. j/k, I'd have to say I put in about 20-30 for each car before the shootout, and then another 20 forward, 20 reverse for the entries in the shootout. Just over 3,000.0 miles @ Mid-Field(forward) now.

What was the lap time?
What's the fun in that? :P

I ran 1:08.8 with a near-default tune in the F40 before the shootout began, the lap I have a replay of is a 1:09.1xx, from after testing.
I could probably get a 1:09.5 with the shootout entry, but it's so hard to nail a lap down with it I couldn't/it wouldn't have been fair to run the extra laps for it.

How dare you. 30 laps. j/k, I'd have to say I put in about 20-30 for each car before the shootout, and then another 20 forward, 20 reverse for the entries in the shootout. Just over 3,000.0 miles @ Mid-Field(forward) now.

What's the fun in that? :P

I ran 1:08.8 with a near-default tune in the F40 before the shootout began, the lap I have a replay of is a 1:09.1xx, from after testing.
I could probably get a 1:09.5 with the shootout entry, but it's so hard to nail a lap down with it I couldn't/it wouldn't have been fair to run the extra laps for it.
I love the F40 for how difficult it is to drive fast, no lap is ever the same and it will always find some way of surprising you at the worst possible moment :lol:

Sorry for the delay gentlemen (and ladies?) Cars ran, times collected and tyres well and truly ruined. Now after a possibly longer than usual disclaimer we shall have the results of my testing.

Tester's Disclaimer: My apologies in advance. I use a DS3 with X and [ ] for gas and brakes with steering on the stick set to Steering sensitivity 2. ABS-1 and AT. Due to my inconsistency as a driver and the obvious shortcomings of my chosen method of control, some of these tunes suffered a good bit in lap times. But I did do a minimum of 30 laps per car in each direction (Except my own getting 10 max.) And re-tested the ones I think should have done better.
Cars were tested in this order on the forward run and I reversed the order for the reverse track.
Time set to 12.00pm as suggested and what better time for a shootout. Track set to real.

The results:

1 - @doblocruiser
SRT Viper GTS '13
673/1556/572 - Sports Computer - Custom wing B
Forward - 1:11.503
Reverse - 1:13.011
Average - 1:12.257
DC - 7.5

I felt this car had good smooth braking and entry but got real loose, real fast mid corner and on exit. On the reverse layout though the rear felt a lot better and I started to enjoy it a bit more instead of fighting it all the time. If ever there was a car you need to straighten up before going near the gas this is it. Good tune but just needs a bit more grip in the rear for me.

2 - @DaBomm4
Ferrari F40 '92
614/1352/566 - High RPM Turbo - Sports Computer, Cat - Intake - Exhaust manifold
Forward - 1:11.418
Reverse - 1:12.626
Average - 1:12.022
DC - 8

Much the same as the Viper above, this one could get wild really fast. However I felt this had a bit more poise and felt easier to control on throttle. Yes it still likes to kick the tail out and yes it's loose, but boy it's a huge amount of fun. This car more than most in the shootout I feel, stayed as close as it could to the feel of the stock car but with more control. I liked this car a lot but as competitive, consistent performer it didn't do to well for me.

Most fun car in the shootout for me by miles. I enjoyed it that much I've even painted it pink:tup:

3 - @Brewguy44
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08
Forward - 1:10.995
Reverse - 1:13.211
Average - 1:12.103
DC - 7.8

This is the complete opposite of the other Viper in the shootout. I found it incredibly easy to drive, really stable and well, a little slow. On the forward layout I think it did well. I could almost throw it at corners and boot the gas all the way to the floor with confidence the rear would never try and overtake me. It did come at a price though. The car just felt sluggish coming out of most of the corners especially Turn 3 on the reverse layout. With more weight towards the rear it just didn't want to pull out that corner for me and you need to get a good exit from that corner to stand a chance on here. Good stable tune though, even I could stay around the same lap-time all day.

4 - @shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
593/1485/566 - ES3
DC - 9

Do you have your own style!? Of course and don't ever change it :) This is another fine example of your style, super smooth, super consistent and easy to drive. I always struggle to adapt to your cars but there is always a learning curve and it's usually as smooth as the car itself. A great stable car which wants to be driven properly but protects you when you don't. A little too neutral for my tastes but a great car none the less.👍

5 - @TurnLeft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
593/1485/566 - ES3
DC - 8.8

This was a little different. Who am I kidding, this was a lot different, the hoon's car I believe. Good description and probably why I found this a little easier to get use to :lol: Seriously though, I probably peaked earlier with this car than I did my own, but kept going just to make sure. The balance was pretty good and I had the confidence from the first lap that I could push this car a bit harder. There were some understeer issues in a few places but the early rotation could be used to help with that in the shorter corners but longer ones suffered. The reverse lap in this was a revelation. It was for me, the most stable and consistent car through turns 1-3 and this had a huge bearing on being the quickest Ferrari on the reverse lap.

6 - @Otaliema
562/1350/565 - ES3
Forwards time 1:10.620
Reverse - 1:12.363
Average - 1:11.492
DC 9.2

Everything that needs to be said about this one, has. This is a guided missile with a sense of self preservation. It did what you wanted and I really, really liked this car. Other than that little bit of exit understeer I can't fault it. If you had taken the shackles off this would have been close to a 10.

7 - @xande1959
Aston Martin One-77 '11
748/1630/580 - Stock
DC 9

Sorry I could go no quicker. This car was very nice to drive. Very fast, very smooth. Unfortunately the driver wasn't and struggled to get the power down early enough to produce decent times. A real drivers car this one had a great feel and good balance. Very good job

8 - @Motor City Hami
Nissan NISMO GTR '14
Forward- 1:11.025
Reverse - 1:13.241
Average - 1:12.133
DC 8.5

A solid tune on a heavy car. This GT-R suited me a bit more than the other one, I felt it was more eager and I was able to be very consistent with it. For me better forwards than reverse. I found I needed less time in this to get decent laps done. If I was doing short races I'd want this one. Great job.

9 - @787B
Nissan NISMO GTR '14
Forward - 1:11.343
Reverse - 1:12.821
Average - 1:12.082
DC 8.8

An all round much smoother GT-R. much the opposite of the other, it went better on reverse. Really easy to drive and neutral handling. I was more consistent in this one, I'd rather have this one in an endurance race. I think that's the first one of your's I've tried, very nice. Great job

10 - @Thorin Cain
660/1565/576 - Stock
Forward - 1:09.522
Reverse - 1:11.337
Average - 1:10.430
DC-9

Almost did what I wanted. Nailed the forward track but was a little hit and miss in the chicane. Did well on reverse but couldn't catch the ghost. Back to the mountain for more tweaking.

11 - @Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
677/1490/571 - ES3 - Sports Computer, Cat - Intake - Exhaust manifold - Custom wing A
DC - 8

A very big surprise this one. I was expecting to spend a lot of time facing the wrong direction, being spat out of corners or just plain fighting for grip. Not the case. I found it had loads, maybe too much. I found the car real easy to drive but a lot more difficult to drive fast. It felt heavy to me but the steering was pretty responsive. good pull out of corners but needs a much smoother driver than me to get it through them well enough to post a decent time. Felt better forwards than reverse by a long way although turns 1 and 2 were epic fun.

12 - @DolHaus
622/1490/568 - ES2
DC - 10

13 - @brian wolf
639/1508/573 - Stock
DC - 8.8

14 - @Bowtie-muscle
639/1508/573 - Stock
Forward - 1:10.279
Reverse - 1:12.057
Average - 1:11.168
DC - 9

This was a bit more to my style of driving than Brian's I was giving it too much respect after using is and it took a bit of time to get it. Once I did it was great fun and fast too. Only thing I found to be an issue was some juddering under breaking in a few places, mostly into turn one forwards and turn 3 in reverse. Didn't really like the kerb too much either. Other than that I loved it. Nice work. Not bad for a yank tank :P

Outstanding review, great times and thorough details. For my yank tank, I believe right hide up 5 or 20 front and rear might have helped especially turn 3 reverse. Otherwise it needed a weird line for better launch out.
Thanks for really quick times and the massive amount of time and effort you put in. Off the the top of my head, looking at Times and DC, you should be getting rewarded with a podium if not 2. Well done!
Now we await the results;)

11 - @Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88
DC - 8

You review is a big surprise too :) It was never tested on reverse which is why it drives worse there :lol: I chose the Countach over other lambos, curious what it can do, shame I'm the only entrant with the car. Someone else tune should give contrast on the car that I entered. I tried my Diablo SVR with this shootout regs, and it drives better than the Countach by a country mile :lol: Faster around corners, more stable and less pressure on the nerves.

Turn 1 and 2 are indeed very fun to tackle, hitting the first braking point then smoothly exits on full throttle :P

7 - @xande1959
Aston Martin One-77 '11
748/1630/580 - Stock
DC 9

sir. need not apologize friend. his performance was very good but as I said to the testers gentlemen, that this car driving pleasure. thank you very much:cheers:

Tentative Rankings

DaBomm4

Ferrari F40 '92

Forward: 1:12.218

1:10.080 - CSLACR
1:11.857 - Lionheart2113
1:11.223 - ONevermind
1:12.516 - macdog54
1:11.766 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:16.450 - fordracer
1:12.400 - biffa3
1:12.248 - brian wolf
1:11.418 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.623

1:11.520 - CSLACR
1:13.899 - ONevermind
1:13.396 - macdog54
1:13.550 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:16.981 - fordracer
1:13.975 - biffa3
1:13.033 - brian wolf
1:12.626 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:12.879

DC: 7.139

5.75 - CSLACR
7.00 - Lionheart2113
6.00 - ONevermind
7.00 - macdog54
8.00 - Bowtie-Muscle
8.00 - fordracer
7.00 - biffa3
7.50 - brian wolf
8.00 - Thorin Cain

Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88

Forward: 1:11.565

1:10.236 - CSLACR
1:11.139 - Lionheart2113
1:11.888 - ONevermind
1:11.575 - macdog54
1:10.764 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.474 - fordracer
1:11.641 - biffa3
1:12.097 - brian wolf
1:11.272 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.425

1:12.427 - CSLACR
1:13.903 - ONevermind
1:14.139 - macdog54
1:14.965 - fordracer
1:12.998 - biffa3
1:14.419 - brian wolf
1:13.788 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:12.441

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

doblocruiser
SRT Viper GTS '02
680/1569/575 - ES2 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat

Forward: 1:11.717

1:10.015 - CSLACR
1:11.144 - Lionheart2113
1:11.780 - ONevermind
1:11.943 - macdog54
1:11.476 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.823 - fordracer
1:12.101 - biffa3
1:11.669 - brian wolf
1:11.503 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.528

1:11.668 - CSLACR
1:13.820 - ONevermind
1:13.130 - macdog54
1:12.493 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:17.066 - fordracer
1:14.000 - biffa3
1:13.039 - brian wolf
1:13.011 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:12.570

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

Brewguy44
SRT Viper SRT10 ACR '08

Forward: 1:11.194

1:09.801 - CSLACR
1:10.849 - Lionheart2113
1:10.752 - ONevermind
1:11.407 - macdog54
1:11.589 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:12.444 - fordracer
1:11.342 - biffa3
1:11.569 - brian wolf
1:10.995 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.660

1:11.476 - CSLACR
1:13.602 - ONevermind
1:13.098 - macdog54
1:13.049 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:14.220 - fordracer
1:13.352 - biffa3
1:12.936 - brian wolf
1:13.211 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:12.100

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

Motor City Hami
Nissan NISMO GTR '14

Forward: 1:11.037

1:09.824 - CSLACR
1:10.988 - Lionheart2113
1:11.270 - ONevermind
1:10.767 - macdog54
1:10.980 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:12.383 - fordracer
1:11.202 - biffa3
1:10.890 - brian wolf
1:11.025 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.129

1:11.482 - CSLACR
1:13.461 - ONevermind
1:13.517 - macdog54
1:13.031 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:14.803 - fordracer
1:13.060 - biffa3
1:12.439 - brian wolf
1:13.241 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:12.080

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

787bcgr
Nissan NISMO GTR '14

Forward: 1:10.884

1:09.653 - CSLACR
1:10.382 - Lionheart2113
1:11.494 - ONevermind
1:11.002 - macdog54
1:10.577 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:12.265 - fordracer
1:10.503 - biffa3
1:10.734 - brian wolf
1:11.343 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.798

1:11.101 - CSLACR
1:13.249 - ONevermind
1:13.107 - macdog54
1:13.290 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.975 - fordracer
1:12.901 - biffa3
1:11.936 - brian wolf
1:12.821 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:11.784

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

TurnLeft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

593/1485/566 - ES3

Forward: 1:10.445

1:09.501 - CSLACR
1:09.840 - Lionheart2113
1:10.253 - ONevermind
1:10.671 - macdog54
1:10.528 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.861 - fordracer
1:10.241 - biffa3
1:10.401 - brian wolf
1:10.712 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.493

1:11.237 - CSLACR
1:12.811 - ONevermind
1:12.436 - macdog54
1:12.283 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.906 - fordracer
1:12.580 - biffa3
1:12.388 - brian wolf
1:12.300 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:11.409

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09

593/1485/566 - ES3

Forward: 1:10.476 - 10.452

1:09.477 - CSLACR
1:10.261 - Lionheart2113
1:10.173 - ONevermind
1:10.347 - macdog54
1:10.790 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.856 - fordracer
1:10.356 - biffa3
1:10.351 - brian wolf
1:10.669 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.448 - 12.438

1:10.908 - CSLACR
1:12.992 - ONevermind
1:12.169 - macdog54
1:12.146 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:14.438 - fordracer
1:12.333 - biffa3
1:12.077 - brian wolf
1:12.521 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:11.404 - 11.379

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

Otaliema

562/1350/565 - ES3

Forward: 1:10.470

1:09.399 - CSLACR
1:10.158 - Lionheart2113
1:10.105 - ONevermind
1:10.643 - macdog54
1:10.615 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.586 - fordracer
1:10.507 - biffa3
1:10.594 - brian wolf
1:10.620 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.602

1:11.134 - CSLACR
1:12.643 - ONevermind
1:12.571 - macdog54
1:12.493 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:15.235 - fordracer
1:12.198 - biffa3
1:12.175 - brian wolf
1:12.363 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:11.473

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

xande1959
Aston Martin One-77 '11

748/1630/580 - Stock

Forward: 1:10.400

1:09.219 - CSLACR
1:10.202 - Lionheart2113
1:10.372 - ONevermind
1:10.475 - macdog54
1:10.363 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.834 - fordracer
1:10.273 - biffa3
1:10.089 - brian wolf
1:10.770 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.659

1:10.937 - CSLACR
1:12.753 - ONevermind
1:12.899 - macdog54
1:12.944 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.839 - fordracer
1:12.759 - biffa3
1:12.071 - brian wolf
1:13.072 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:11.463

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain

660/1565/576 - Stock

Forward: 1:10.004

1:08.999 - CSLACR
1:09.744 - Lionheart2113
1:09.956 - ONevermind
1:09.986 - macdog54
1:10.360 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.664 - fordracer
1:09.859 - biffa3
1:09.944 - brian wolf
1:09.522 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.034

1:10.706 - CSLACR
1:12.920 - ONevermind
1:11.807 - macdog54
1:12.166 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.256 - fordracer
1:12.132 - biffa3
1:11.945 - brian wolf
1:11.337 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:10.943

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

DolHaus

622/1490/568 - ES2

Forward: 1:09.823

1:08.466 - CSLACR
1:09.836 - Lionheart2113
1:10.493 - ONevermind
1:09.561 - macdog54
1:09.327 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.066 - fordracer
1:10.061 - biffa3
1:09.960 - brian wolf
1:09.635 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:11.946

1:10.165 - CSLACR
1:12.379 - ONevermind
1:12.126 - macdog54
1:12.251 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:14.390 - fordracer
1:11.464 - biffa3
1:11.590 - brian wolf
1:11.205 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:10.822

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

brian wolfe

639/1508/573 - Stock

Forward: 1:10.043

1:08.831 - CSLACR
1:09.434 - Lionheart2113
1:09.622 - ONevermind
1:09.758 - macdog54
1:09.906 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:12.680 - fordracer
1:09.747 - biffa3
1:09.929 - brian wolf
1:10.481 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.033

1:10.688 - CSLACR
1:12.282 - ONevermind
1:12.247 - macdog54
1:12.013 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:14.063 - fordracer
1:11.246 - biffa3
1:11.434 - brian wolf
1:12.288 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:10.979

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

Bowtie-Muscle

639/1508/573 - Stock

Forward: 1:09.993

1:09.237 - CSLACR
1:09.601 - Lionheart2113
1:09.814 - ONevermind
1:09.680 - macdog54
1:09.986 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:11.524 - fordracer
1:09.760 - biffa3
1:10.052 - brian wolf
1:10.279 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:12.069

1:10.945 - CSLACR
1:12.573 - ONevermind
1:12.109 - macdog54
1:11.431 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:13.636 - fordracer
1:11.889 - biffa3
1:11.910 - brian wolf
1:12.057 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:10.970

DC:

- CSLACR
- Lionheart2113
- ONevermind
- macdog54
- Bowtie-Muscle
- fordracer
- biffa3
- brian wolf
- Thorin Cain

Last edited:
Tester's Disclaimer: My apologies in advance. I use a DS3 with X and [ ] for gas and brakes with steering on the stick

Have you ever tried using R1 for the brake, that way you don't have to take your thumb off the X button, just lift it off when you brake. I used the same set-up as you until I figured this worked a lot better for me. I don't know what you use the R1 for but give it a try and see if it's to your liking 👍 Thanks for the review and the trans was supposed to be stock, maybe I'll check the LSD.
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

Outstanding review, great times and thorough details. For my yank tank, I believe right hide up 5 or 20 front and rear might have helped especially turn 3 reverse. Otherwise it needed a weird line for better launch out.
Thanks for really quick times and the massive amount of time and effort you put in. Off the the top of my head, looking at Times and DC, you should be getting rewarded with a podium if not 2. Well done!
Now we await the results;)
Thank you sir.:cheers: It was great getting to try out so many good tunes and some real gems in there. It's a shame i couldn't get the two Corvettes and Aston a bit closer to the Lambos, they were all very capable just not in my hands :(
I'm looking forword to some interesting results :)
@Thorin Cain Thank you for the review glad you enjoyed it a lot. I will "unshackle" the car later and put out a track car that I will wish I had tuned for the challenge :lol:
You did a great job on it :) I think it'd gotten down to the 1:09s if it wasn't quite so safe, but it may have hurt the DC from others. I think you made the right choice 👍 And besides, now I can have a safe fun one and get a hooligan friendly version later :D
You review is a big surprise too :) It was never tested on reverse which is why it drives worse there :lol: I chose the Countach over other lambos, curious what it can do, shame I'm the only entrant with the car. Someone else tune should give contrast on the car that I entered. I tried my Diablo SVR with this shootout regs, and it drives better than the Countach by a country mile :lol: Faster around corners, more stable and less pressure on the nerves.

Turn 1 and 2 are indeed very fun to tackle, hitting the first braking point then smoothly exits on full throttle :P
It's always a pleasure to drive your cars. I don't always get on well with them and some are quite difficult to drive. But they are always rewarding :) I'm going to give the lighter version a run out at some point and see the difference for myself 👍 But I promised myself some treats first, S2Ks here I come :D
sir. need not apologize friend. his performance was very good but as I said to the testers gentlemen, that this car driving pleasure. thank you very much:cheers:
An absolute pleasure sir :) And thank you:tup:
Have you ever tried using R1 for the brake, that way you don't have to take your thumb off the X button, just lift it off when you brake. I used the same set-up as you until I figured this worked a lot better for me. I don't know what you use the R1 for but give it a try and see if it's to your liking 👍 Thanks for the review and the trans was supposed to be stock, maybe I'll check the LSD. View attachment 350118
Yeah, I've tried that, had it on R2 for a little while too but it never feels right and ends up back to [ ] and X. Something to do with an old dog and new tricks :lol: And you're welcome too BTW :cheers: (Mine's a Warsteiner)

5 - @TurnLeft
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
593/1485/566 - ES3
DC - 8.8

d5134dd48b17c8fefa878139cfb1c3d8fd3ed3_t.gif
Thank you dear sir, that was oh so mighty gracious of you to take these trolleys for a quick outing. It is a bit sad though not entirely your fault that you had some slight issues with understeering with my beloved stallion, but you did the best you could with the abilities you have and I am quite grateful that you came out of this unscarred. I would bow if I could or knew how, to your dedication you put in your efforts to deliver the best that you have, again thank you Sir.

Post Scriptum:
I made a research to find a smiley that would represent your Scottish heritage and this is what came up, I do not quite understand and maybe you can enlighten me about the Scottish gentleman placing his foot in the rear end of the sheep, is it a common ritual? If it's what I think, don't answer :lol:.

Post Scriptum:
I made a research to find a smiley that would represent your Scottish heritage and this is what came up, I do not quite understand and maybe you can enlighten me about the Scottish gentleman placing his foot in the rear end of the sheep, is it a common ritual? If it's what I think, don't answer :lol:.

ROLF Smiley.gif

d5134dd48b17c8fefa878139cfb1c3d8fd3ed3_t.gif
Thank you dear sir, that was oh so mighty gracious of you to take these trolleys for a quick outing. It is a bit sad though not entirely your fault that you had some slight issues with understeering with my beloved stallion, but you did the best you could with the abilities you have and I am quite grateful that you came out of this unscarred. I would bow if I could or knew how, to your dedication you put in your efforts to deliver the best that you have, again thank you Sir.

Post Scriptum:
You are most welcome :cheers: Your beloved stallion did you proud and is a fine addition to your stable 👍

As for the sheep, I have no idea what you are trying to insinuate...I'm too far south for that sort of behaviour :lol:

Well given the jokes that ran through my head that I learned from a couple Scottish friends of mine you don't want an answer good sir.

Note none of them are safe to post on this site not even in PM.

Well given the jokes that ran through my head that I learned from a couple Scottish friends of mine you don't want an answer good sir.

Note none of them are safe to post on this site not even in PM.
For the record the same jokes apply to our good neighbours the Welsh and from what I hear from an Aussie friend of mine, New Zealanders too :sly:

4 - @shaunm80
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
593/1485/566 - ES3
DC - 9

Firstly, 30 laps? That is more than enough laps to give a thorough shakedown of a tune. I am glad that you like my style of tuning and I shall try and keep my cars smooth and consistent in the future. I am happy with the times and the DC you achieved and gave my car. Many thanks for the time you put in to this.

Someone might get DQ'd for ridiculous results.
Consider this an opportunity to review your testing results for a pile of steaming horse feces.
If I am the culperit, and my times are skewing tje results....so be it. I am willing to withdraw my times.

Let me withdraw my sword, although what I'm seeing is nearly as direct as possible.
I'm doing maths right now, in the end, I'm just going to show everyone what I see and we'll go from there. :/

Tentative Rankings

Fast lap bonus: DolHaus - 1 point
DC bonus: brian wolf - 1 point

DaBomm4

Ferrari F40 '92

Forward: 1:12.218

1:10.080 - CSLACR
1:11.857 - Lionheart2113
1:11.223 - ONevermind
1:12.516 - macdog54
1:11.766 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:16.450 - fordracer
1:12.400 - biffa3
1:12.248 - brian wolf
1:11.418 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.623

1:11.520 - CSLACR
1:13.899 - ONevermind
1:13.396 - macdog54
1:13.550 - Bowtie-Muscle
1:16.981 - fordracer
1:13.975 - biffa3
1:13.033 - brian wolf
1:12.626 - Thorin Cain

Combined: 1:12.879

DC: 7.139

5.75 - CSLACR
7.00 - Lionheart2113
6.00 - ONevermind
7.00 - macdog54
8.00 - Bowtie-Muscle
8.00 - fordracer
7.00 - biffa3
7.50 - brian wolf
8.00 - Thorin Cain

Ridox2JZGTE
Lamborghini Countach '88

Forward: 1:11.565

1:10.236 - CSLACR
1:11.139 - Lionheart2113
1:11.888 - ONevermind
1:11.575 - macdog54
1:13.474 - fordracer
1:11.641 - biffa3
1:12.097 - brian wolf
1:11.272 - Thorin Cain

Reverse: 1:13.810

1:12.427 - CSLACR