Mid-Field Supercar Shootout '15 - Congratulations to the Champion DolHaus!

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 658 comments
DolHaus - Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Forward: 1:08.466
Reverse: 1:10.165
Combined (avg): 1:09.316
Comments: I really love this car. Not much to change, I did have some "lock and slide" issues entering the hairpin in reverse, and it probably could have been a little more stable, but great. 👍
DC: 9.8
DC: 9.0
Thank you very much for the review and the stunningly fast laps :cheers:
I'm glad you enjoyed the car and could knock a full second off my own best times in both directions :lol:

- Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12

. did not know that this car was good.
1st timed lap = 1: 09 171
2nd timed lap = 1: 08 869
. we can further improve this car.
- - Why?
. nobody chose this car.
. I can not reach the 561 PP. not traded oil, put stage 3 engine. sports computer. but does not reach 561 PP.
. 559 PP
. 625 cv
. 1,480 Kg
. Relationship weight capacity = 2.36 kg / HP
Yeah, a couple really good cars went unmentioned, lost and/or forgotten.
The GT-R(s), Countach, Viper ACR, and '02 Viper GTS are some of the slowest cars that were available.

The GT-R(s), Countach, Viper ACR, and '02 Viper GTS are some of the slowest cars that were available.
I tuned an LFA recently and it was quick but definitely had its limits, I couldn't get it going much faster than a 458 on the forward layout after tuning. It felt like getting more from the car was possible after testing the stock car but its difficult to tune a balance, it either understeers or oversteers slightly, not much but enough to hold it back

Any faster ones left out that you would like to mention? Other than the LFA, the Z06 maybe? Or the Gallardo?

Ferrari GTO '84

491/1160/550 - High RPM Turbo Kit
Quicker than the 458 I think. Lightweight is critical at this track.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
600/1410/558 - ES2
Badass little overachiever, 4wd makes it easy to handle too. I almost entered one but ran out of time.

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12
625/1480/561 - ES3 - Sports Computer
Just like the Gallardo, I almost entered one. The PP distracts from the good specs.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06(C6) '06
580/1421/562 - ES2
Fastest Corvette possibly. Lightweight is key here. Overachiever.

Nissan GTR SpecV '09
624/1680/571 - ES3
The faster GT-R available. Better gearing/powerband. Lighter than the Nismo.

SRT Viper GTS '13
673/1556/572 - Sports Computer - Custom wing B
Faster than either Viper entered, probably the fastest Viper, runs close to Corvette ZR1's.

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
649/1620/573 - ES3 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat
Not sure, but it does have 650hp and 4wd, it can only be so bad. Faster than the GT-R's, if only a little.

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
642/1552/575 - Intake tuning - Exhaust manifold
ZR1 fast, just kind of boring. Almost had a supercharger, but it was running too low in the 8's.

SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
685/1565/578 - ES2
Faster than either Viper entered, more driveability than the '02 and fast.

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98
671/1530/578 - Medium Turbo Kit - Aero IS adjustable!
Needs poked with a stick, but can really nail high-speed sections with it's downforce, this underdog can't keep up with the '00 Diablo, but it's easier to drive and runs close behind.

Ferrari GTO '84

491/1160/550 - High RPM Turbo Kit
Quicker than the 458 I think. Lightweight is critical at this track.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
600/1410/558 - ES2
Badass little overachiever, 4wd makes it easy to handle too. I almost entered one but ran out of time.

Lexus LFA Nurburgring Package '12
625/1480/561 - ES3 - Sports Computer
Just like the Gallardo, I almost entered one. The PP distracts from the good specs.

Chevrolet Corvette Z06(C6) '06
580/1421/562 - ES2
Fastest Corvette possibly. Lightweight is key here. Overachiever.

Nissan GTR SpecV '09
624/1680/571 - ES3
The faster GT-R available. Better gearing/powerband. Lighter than the Nismo.

SRT Viper GTS '13
673/1556/572 - Sports Computer - Custom wing B
Faster than either Viper entered, probably the fastest Viper, runs close to Corvette ZR1's.

Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09
649/1620/573 - ES3 - Sports Computer - Sports Cat
Not sure, but it does have 650hp and 4wd, it can only be so bad. Faster than the GT-R's, if only a little.

Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
642/1552/575 - Intake tuning - Exhaust manifold
ZR1 fast, just kind of boring. Almost had a supercharger, but it was running too low in the 8's.

SRT Viper SRT10 Coupe '06
685/1565/578 - ES2
Faster than either Viper entered, more driveability than the '02 and fast.

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98
671/1530/578 - Medium Turbo Kit - Aero IS adjustable!
Needs poked with a stick, but can really nail high-speed sections with it's downforce, this underdog can't keep up with the '00 Diablo, but it's easier to drive and runs close behind.
You know I am going to have to play with a Z06 to see, noticed the C7 Vette is absent. I was able to get it fun and drivable, but slower.
Thanks for the list:tup:

You know I am going to have to play with a Z06 to see, noticed the C7 Vette is absent. I was able to get it fun and drivable, but slower.
Thanks for the list:tup:
I removed used and "insignificant" missed cars. That's just the "interesting" ones that didn't get used. The C7, as you said, is nice, but won't keep up with the ZR1, probably about 3-4 tenths slower. The Z06 should be very equal with the ZR1 I think.

My experience is the different weight distribution is the key. 49/51 vs 51/49 if I remember correctly. The ZR1 handles better for me but I like the rear tame compared to most as you found out. I went a bit too stable on the rear. The Z06 should suit those who like more loose rear, @brian wolf comes to mind as well as @DolHaus . Ironically, I have tuned more Z06s. :dopey:
But you are much faster than I am as you can tell by our times.

Are we getting more reviews in or are we just waiting for results?

I thought about updating my DC scores, separating them forward/reverse, but will just leave them as they are. One score combined.
I've still to post my results/review. Got two cars left to test on reverse and two I want to go back and retest if I can. Hope to have them done and posted today or tomorrow at the very latest. :)

Guys, I'm REALLY, really sorry for this, but I'm going to have to step back as a tester. University added with part-time work has been killing me, and Im loaded with works from my University, so I can't test any car at the moment. Really, really sorry guys... ._.

Guys, I'm REALLY, really sorry for this, but I'm going to have to step back as a tester. University added with part-time work has been killing me, and Im loaded with works from my University, so I can't test any car at the moment. Really, really sorry guys... ._.
You mean real life is more important than GT? ;)
Thanks for letting us know.👍 Don`t worry, there is always next time.....

Thanks for the heads up, reality always comes first before virtual.

@Thorin Cain that means its all up to you!:dopey:
@moonshine I noticed you have not tested all of the cars, will you be finishing?

Otaliema - Ferrari F430 Scuderia '07
Forward: 1:09.399
Reverse: 1:11.134
Combined (avg): 1:10.267
Comments: I burned the inside wheel bright red around the track. :eek: A bit too much understeer in general, a very stable F430 tune.
Love the car, and I'm thrilled someone entered this underdog against the 458's, let alone a faster one! (forward) :cheers:
Still good in reverse, but understeer and wheelspin kept it from breaking 10's, and ultimately let ShaunM go past (literally down the straight to the finish)
DC: 8.2
DC: 7.5
Looks like it did what I wanted a little too well for you. I will be posting a updated tune here in the next week or so that will be less understeering.

Wait until you get to be our ages (looks at the old man next to him.... @TurnLeft ) you will need them. I'm not there yet, but getting close I think.:grumpy::banghead::irked:
I've needed them for 30 years and not even fourty :lol:
I tried the R8 the mid corner understeer killed it. I almost entered a GTO but I couldn't work out the exit oversteer for the consistency I was looking for.

I'll be getting around to the scoring, etc today or tomorrow.

NP, totally understand, thanks for the heads up. 👍

Here's a replay of about what a default F40 can do, with only camber changed.(to 0) (and LSD set to preference, 10/14/30 I think) Also a possible driving line reference.

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    247.5 KB · Views: 15
Here's a replay of about what a default F40 can do, with only camber changed.(to 0) (and LSD set to preference, 10/14/30 I think) Also a possible driving line reference.
What was the lap time?

I'm hoping to spend a bit of time this weekend putting an F40 together, might take it for a run around midfield and see how it stacks up against the other big Italian

Back