Mid Session Saves is a must

ceruttigino
What's the point of having endurance races without the possibility to resume the game at a later date? People have a life outside videogames, I cannot dedicate more than one hour a day to the PS4, and so do many others I guess. GT5 has it, F1 Codemasters has it, the best to be driving simulation must have it!! SMS patch it in as soon as possible please!!

What's the point of having endurance races without the possibility to resume the game at a later date? People have a life outside videogames, I cannot dedicate more than one hour a day to the PS4, and so do many others I guess. GT5 has it, F1 Codemasters has it, the best to be driving simulation must have it!! SMS patch it in as soon as possible please!!
Really, a new thread for this? both the xbox and the ps4 have rest modes so pause the game and use them.

Totally agree with you on this one!

you do realise you can scale events so you can do 10% of 24hrs rather than the entire 24 hours.

Forgot about that, DOH! :embarrassed:

My mind is still firmly locked in "No Options GT Mode" I'm afraid, & that's what you get after playing on GT for 13 years! :lol:

I'd rather see threads with questions like this than umpteen threads about leagues and wheels, questions get lost in that one big thread. It's a valid question too as rest mode is temperamental at times and it should be in the game if there are races of that length available.

I loved the SMS twitter response when someone else asked them this question, they said to pass the controller to a friend for some of the race! With the election coming up that's still the best question dodging I've seen.

I suppose it's definitely on their radar to put that in at some point. Mind that it took PD almost a year to patch that into GT5.

Not meaning to interfere too much, but some of you responding to the OP here are missing his point. He wants to do races, several hours long, without having to do them in one sitting. He also wants to be able to shut down his system or switch to another game while not having his progress erased. I think it's valid to ask for such a feature to be in at some point.

Not meaning to interfere too much, but some of you responding to the OP here are missing his point. He wants to do races, several hours long, without having to do them in one sitting. He also wants to be able to shut down his system or switch to another game while not having his progress erased. I think it's valid to ask for such a feature to be in at some point.

Agreed. Although it may come at some point, like GT did, I'm quite surprised it's not in already, to be honest.

I agree with mid sessions save.
Not every one has their console on rest mode, more than one user (play the same game or another one), power failure or game crash. There are a lot of possibilities that could go wrong.

Why do we need mid session saves? PS4's have the suspend feature so use that if necessary. Either that or shorten the damn race. When I'm playing I'm having standard races at full length (Up to 30 minutes long) and endurance races at 30 minutes long. No one forces you to race 24 hours.

Why do we need mid session saves? PS4's have the suspend feature so use that if necessary. Either that or shorten the damn race. When I'm playing I'm having standard races at full length (Up to 30 minutes long) and endurance races at 30 minutes long. No one forces you to race 24 hours.

What's the fun in doing endurance races when you scale them down to normal length? :confused:

You're missing out on pit strategies, saving fuel, managing tires...

What's the fun in doing endurance races when you scale them down to normal length? :confused:

You're missing out on pit strategies, saving fuel, managing tires...
Put fuel and tyre depletion on 5X. Time progression on 60X. Problem solved.

Edit: Acually I may put endurance up to 2.5 hours

PS4's have the suspend feature so use that if necessary.

I'm unfamiliar with how the suspend feature works (I don't have either console yet), but can I watch Netflix while I have a game suspended? If the answer is no than I really don't see it being an acceptable replacement.

I'm unfamiliar with how the suspend feature works (I don't have either console yet), but can I watch Netflix while I have a game suspended? If the answer is no than I really don't see it being an acceptable replacement.
yes you can. then you can suspend netflix and play a game.

I'd rather see threads with questions like this than umpteen threads about leagues and wheels, questions get lost in that one big thread. It's a valid question too as rest mode is temperamental at times and it should be in the game if there are races of that length available.

I loved the SMS twitter response when someone else asked them this question, they said to pass the controller to a friend for some of the race! With the election coming up that's still the best question dodging I've seen.
It is a valid question, but if everyone who has a question makes a thread about it, the forum will eventually fill up with individual questions that can be answered in a handful of posts and then the forum turns into a mess. This happens with the release of a GT game for example and the forums are filled with closed threads with individual questions.

nope...I wanna be able to play LeMans 24hs but have breaks. I wanna be able to shout down my console anytime I want to, but most importantly, I wanna play other games as well. I don't wanna feel under pressure to have to continue a race because my console is on suspended mode. So much was said about Microsoft and their horrible PR when they announce the Xbone. One of the MS top guys said that if you did not have Internet connection they had an alternative for you, the Xbox 360. The Internet nearly broke down that day...do you know what SMS said on Twitter about mid race saving? pass the controller to a friend! Rubbish PR. This should be a basic feature for a game that offers 24 hour races.

nope...I wanna be able to play LeMans 24hs but have breaks. I wanna be able to shout down my console anytime I want to, but most importantly, I wanna play other games as well. I don't wanna feel under pressure to have to continue a race because my console is on suspended mode. So much was said about Microsoft and their horrible PR when they announce the Xbone. One of the MS top guys said that if you did not have Internet connection they had an alternative for you, the Xbox 360. The Internet nearly broke down that day...do you know what SMS said on Twitter about mid race saving? pass the controller to a friend! Rubbish PR. This should be a basic feature for a game that offers 24 hour races.
Really? GT5 had 24 hour races did it allow you to save mid race? (It might of done, I never did them)

Really? GT5 had 24 hour races did it allow you to save mid race? (It might of done, I never did them)
dunno...haven't played a GT game for ages..Pcars is a 2015 title, GT5 came out in 2010. I think F1 2014 allows mid race saving...and races are just 2 hours long....

GT5 didn't have it. Yes, it was eventually patched in, but it was long, long after release. I played GT5 for many months and they never added the feature until way too late. It wasn't there on release, or even soon thereafter, so I'm not giving them credit for it. They get no points for something that should've been there on day one but wasn't added until over half a year later. That was pure shame on PD for gross incompetence.

Really, a new thread for this? both the xbox and the ps4 have rest modes so pause the game and use them.

They don't count, however. I think my One, for example, relies on not losing power to resume where I left off. That's problematic if a storm knocks out power, even if only for a short while. Not everyone lives somewhere where the power is 100% reliable in all situations. People that live in the country or small towns can lose power because a storm blew a big limb out of a tree. There goes my resting Xbox.

(At least, I think it needs power to it to rest and resume where I left off. If it works like a game save, then never mind this part.)

Back