Mid Session Saves is a must

It is a valid question, but if everyone who has a question makes a thread about it, the forum will eventually fill up with individual questions that can be answered in a handful of posts and then the forum turns into a mess. This happens with the release of a GT game for example and the forums are filled with closed threads with individual questions.

I understand that the forum could get clogged up but I think this is quite an important feature that is missing and deserves it's own thread. Some people seem to have gotten quite defensive about questions being asked already, maybe because they think people are bashing the game but I don't think anyone is.

I'm buying this game on 2 different formats and will buy all the DLC so I'm 100% behind this game, I want it to be the best it can be and mid race saves when you have such long distance events are a must, it seems daft to not have them unless it isn't possible?

Unless SMS come out and say it isn't possible then I don't see the harm in raising the issue so that they are aware it's a feature people want and maybe they can introduce down the line?

Why do we need mid session saves? PS4's have the suspend feature so use that if necessary. Either that or shorten the damn race. When I'm playing I'm having standard races at full length (Up to 30 minutes long) and endurance races at 30 minutes long. No one forces you to race 24 hours.

What if the damn suspend feature fouls up? What if the damn power blinks out? What if he wants to play another damn game in between racing sessions? In what way would you be inconvenienced by this damn feature being added for people who want to use it? You won't be forced to use it. If you want to do shortened damn races, fine, then do them. However, some people want to actually do 24 hours of racing, but the damn human body (and damn real-life schedules) generally don't allow that to be done in one setting, so having a mid session save could be very useful to people who want to do these longer races. And for the people who don't want to, well then don't use the damn feature.

Would you rather they take the damn GT6 path and decide that we're only allowed to do 24 minute races with no option for 1 hour, 2 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour, and 24 hour races? Why should everyone conform to your damn preferred style of racing? Should they also do away with the various damn driving views that you don't use? Should they dispose of ABS, TC, and the damn driving line just because you don't use them? Why do you get to dictate how other people enjoy their damn games? If they add a mid session save, I promise nobody will force you to use it, just like nobody will be forced to do full 24 hour races if they don't want to.

I have a dream, that one day all people will be able to enjoy their video games however they want, and nobody will criticize them for how they play or get butthurt because someone on the interwebs enjoys the game in a completely different way.

:cheers:

I have a dream, that one day all people will be able to enjoy their video games however they want, and nobody will criticize them for how they play or get butthurt because someone on the interwebs enjoys the game in a completely different way.

:bowdown::bowdown: on the MLK paraphrase:sly:

What if the damn suspend feature fouls up? What if the damn power blinks out? What if he wants to play another damn game in between racing sessions? In what way would you be inconvenienced by this damn feature being added for people who want to use it? You won't be forced to use it. If you want to do shortened damn races, fine, then do them. However, some people want to actually do 24 hours of racing, but the damn human body (and damn real-life schedules) generally don't allow that to be done in one setting, so having a mid session save could be very useful to people who want to do these longer races. And for the people who don't want to, well then don't use the damn feature.

Would you rather they take the damn GT6 path and decide that we're only allowed to do 24 minute races with no option for 1 hour, 2 hour, 6 hour, 12 hour, and 24 hour races? Why should everyone conform to your damn preferred style of racing? Should they also do away with the various damn driving views that you don't use? Should they dispose of ABS, TC, and the damn driving line just because you don't use them? Why do you get to dictate how other people enjoy their damn games? If they add a mid session save, I promise nobody will force you to use it, just like nobody will be forced to do full 24 hour races if they don't want to.

Damn you......... you're right

I get your point and hope its in but its not a endurance race if you don't race it all or at least all your stints within the 24hrs. That's kinda the point of ENDURANCE part of it. Its just a bunch of sprints that add up to 24 hrs otherwise.

I do hope SMS are willing to implement this in a patch. It is a valid option imo and of course the purists can still run the full 24 hours consecutively if they wish but I would say the vast majority simply cannot do so due to real life getting in the way. The rest modes on consoles aren't a really viable alternative either - let's say I can spend 2 hours a day on gaming - there's pretty much a fortnight to complete the 24 hours. What are the chances of something going wrong with the suspend/rest mode over that time frame - about 95% I'd say! And then of course I might feel like playing something else one of those days instead but can't because that will shut down pCARS in the process.
I get your point and hope its in but its not a endurance race if you don't race it all or at least all your stints within the 24hrs. That's kinda the point of ENDURANCE part of it. Its just a bunch of sprints that add up to 24 hrs otherwise.
Yes you might be breaking the race down into stints (that's what actually happens anyway in real life - you have multiple drivers taking stints) but it's still an endurance race at it's core - there's still all the pit strategy, tire wear, fuel etc, to be considered and factored into your race strategy and that's for me is a big part of the appeal of it.

However I have no way of racing a full 24 or even 12 hour race without being able to save and resume.

I don't really want to speed up time either as that for me breaks the 'endurance' part of an endurance race far more than being able to race it in stints over several days.

I would love for this to be a feature having had the PS4's rest mode destroy my console data storage and had to do a complete console wipe. Really don't trust rest mode after that happened just 2 weeks ago.

I gave up going for that level of realism once I realized real racers don't have snacks within arms reach.:lol:

Anyways, I would also like to have an in-race save feature so that if the power goes out or something during hour 23 I don't have to start over.

I would love for this to be a feature having had the PS4's rest mode destroy my console data storage and had to do a complete console wipe. Really don't trust rest mode after that happened just 2 weeks ago.
Is their link that explains this in more detail ? I just got my PS4 and have been leaving it in rest mode

It did, but not until a year after release.
Not sure about when the possibility was given, but yes it did.
Just enter the pits, save, quit the game, shut down console.
After re- entering the game you were back in the pits. No way to do something else on the console until the race was completed btw...

eh?? could you please elaborate further? how do you know it was due to rest mode?

Is their link that explains this in more detail ? I just got my PS4 and have been leaving it in rest mode
@bleeder Basically I was putting my PS4 in rest mode for quite long amounts of time(2 days+) then one day I tried to turn it on and the console refused to basically, I tried the force reset and all other options but nada. So, I turned it off at the socket then when I turned on my PS4 it was stuck in a Database rebuild loop where it got to 4% but got stuck. You can read about the Database rebuild problem with a simple google search.

Why do we need mid session saves? PS4's have the suspend feature so use that if necessary. Either that or shorten the damn race. When I'm playing I'm having standard races at full length (Up to 30 minutes long) and endurance races at 30 minutes long. No one forces you to race 24 hours.
Maybe we want to? 💡

A game that offers dynamic weather and time of day is great for endurance racing. It is also my main motivation to buy PCARS as it's the one thing it has other sims don't. Suspending consoles or pc's for days on end is not a solution, and scaling down endurance races to 10% is just silly.

So this is a great thread and i hope SMS patches it in asap.

I won't need mid session save, the only race I might do a break is the LeMans race. But it would be nice if it was added, just because it seems that it might turn off some people not having the possibility to drive a full 24h race. This won't be noticeable sales-wise but for the long-term motivation of some people

@bleeder Basically I was putting my PS4 in rest mode for quite long amounts of time(2 days+) then one day I tried to turn it on and the console refused to basically, I tried the force reset and all other options but nada. So, I turned it off at the socket then when I turned on my PS4 it was stuck in a Database rebuild loop where it got to 4% but got stuck. You can read about the Database rebuild problem with a simple google search.
thanks for the info. I leave mine in rest all the time but think I'll just go for full power off now. be good if there was an option to keep it in rest mode for a few hours while the pad charges, then have it power off. although having said that, I believe this can be done via the smartphone app.

I won't need mid session save, the only race I might do a break is the LeMans race. But it would be nice if it was added, just because it seems that it might turn off some people not having the possibility to drive a full 24h race. This won't be noticeable sales-wise but for the long-term motivation of some people

I've started an "everything 100%" career a few days ago and I really hope the ingame saving patch will arrive before I hit the Le Mans invitational event. :P

thanks for the info. I leave mine in rest all the time but think I'll just go for full power off now. be good if there was an option to keep it in rest mode for a few hours while the pad charges, then have it power off. although having said that, I believe this can be done via the smartphone app.
Although I do believe the problem might have been me removing the power cord but to be honest, the PS4 was never going to right itself from what I could tell, it was effectively in a coma. :lol:

I've started an "everything 100%" career a few days ago and I really hope the ingame saving patch will arrive before I hit the Le Mans invitational event. :P

Yeah I also started my career with all sessions 100%. I hope to make it to LeMans until 4th of June, there will be a 4 days weekend in Germany and me and some friends might do the 24h race simultanously together :D

You say that like it's a given - do you know that it is a planned update? Are SMS aware that it's an issue for many of us?

I did post it in the Post-release suggestion thread over at wmd forums. Let's wait and see
Can you update us on the feedback and if it catches on? If i could access the WMD forums i would start campaigning hard for voters over there :)

It has begun:

Belgium:

2hg8oqq.jpg

China:

jsy2ht.jpg

Da hood:

23m39k9.jpg

Mosul:

nb945y.jpg

Back