MIDFIELD RACEWAY IS BACK!!! + Painted Mazda LM55 and Chapparal 2X!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 633 comments
I wonder why PD chose not to give Mid-field a full 24 hour cycle. There are lights all around the track so I don't think visibility would've been a problem.

Maybe they didn't want to take too long. There is a lot of coding in night time when it comes to lighting and effects. Since there is weather, they must pre-program that as well.

We already have track with lights around track that have 24h tame change such are Daytona, Motegi plus they have weather change to... So I think that PS3 is not problem... Also we have track without lights around track that have day/night transition such as Spa, Nurb, La Sarthe... Car lights are enough. :) I think it's PD logic that's make problem here. :D

Last edited:
I just HAD to drive it with the '99 Pennzoil Nismo GT-R to see if I could match the gold time from GT2.. Nope, the time is 1'03.400, and back then the car was not only AWD but putting out 705BHP as well if memory serves..

Other than that, there's a lots of fuzzy, warm feelings inside me right now. *manly tears of nostalgia*

I wish the high BHP versions of the older racing Skylines & Supra race cars still existed in Gran Turismo. After Gran Turismo 2 they were heavily watered down & not speed machines like they were in GT2. It'd be nice if the original high speed versions were brought back & were next to the current slower models so you could choose from the high BHP & low BHP models of each in the dealerships. I am tempted to grab a Pennzoil Nismo & a Calsonic Skyline myself & try & recreate some GT2 gameplay at Midfield Raceway like I have being with cars from the 1990s & before.

Really shows how much the game has advanced graphically, but how little progress has been made with sounds, if any:boggled:. Arguably the sound was much more engaging on the PS2:indiff:

Yet you already know this small company are working on the sounds and are advertising and I wouldn't take youtube for a sound reference

Yet you already know this small company are working on the sounds and are advertising and I wouldn't take youtube for a sound reference
I've played all the games, I know what they sound like. And there hasn't been much advancement if any, on the sample front. Kaz himself has acknowledged this, there really isn't any disagreement on that.

I've played all the games, I know what they sound like. And there hasn't been much advancement if any, on the sample front. Kaz himself has acknowledged this, there really isn't any disagreement on that.

Possibly the new sound engineer PD will employ will require a comprehensive knowledge of vehicle engine, gearbox and exhaust instruments and sounds. We could do well and give the person a chance to enhance the audio. That's all that is required, a chance to improve sounds.

You know this!!

Apparently your PS3 is slower than mine, i haven't seen a single tear, and choppy frame-rates are rare on my PS3 everywhere, let alone Midfield.

How about Bathurst?..no Issues??,,no flickering shadows and tearing. My PS3 was new when I first got GT6, and it seems after every update the performance of the game is hit.

Looking at the video, you can see that gt4's environments were great. The background looks very natural and the flow of the game was awesome. PS3 just lost a bit of that from PS2. PS4 hopefully corrects this.

Remade with screen tearing and choppy framerate...not impressed

Not for me. I do have a high speed 4K TV and 4K HDMI. I'm sure that's why.

Different HDMI cables seem to make a huge impact.
Results:

Provided HDMI: 40-50 FPS Max
High Speed: 55-70 FPS Max
4K High Speed: 80-85 Max

That seems like the case.

Results:

An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. "Premium" cables are really just scams, and any cable should do.
As @Ameer67 said, it won't effect FPS because it's not a GPU.

I know GT6 is only 60 FPS, but it seems like it works better. It probably is a scam. Ooooh, lookie here! A blue tipped "4K cable!" Spend $50 on it! Yay!

:banghead:

Results:

Im 100% sure the FPS is most likely affected with what PS3 type you own.

Results:

Your TV probably has some sort of built in interpolation feature that smoothens out video by duplicating frames, it causes HUGE amounts of control lag and makes anything you run on it look like it has a high frame rate.

I get my HDMI cables from the £1 store and they do just fine. :D

Back in the Day we used to sell HDMI cables for between £3.50 and £180 (for 0.75m standard lengths), we once had a guy that bought a Van den Hul HDMI cable for £180, and it didn't work, the £3.50 one did :lol: He wasn't too impressed. IIRC it was when HDMI 1.3a compatibility was an issue.

The C|NET article Johnny posted is interesting, speaking as an ex-sales person (and an honest one at that!). Cables were a great way to recover lost margin when competing with other offers on price. We always tried to establish early on (typically a good time to mention it was if you were setting up equipment for demonstration) if the customer would be after cables to go with their purchase, so when it came to the bargaining stage we could offer a larger discount on the main item(s), since markup on those was about 10-40% and margin on cables was about 200-1000%. The more things went digital the less we could justify up-selling the cables, since we weren't going to lie. It then got to the stage when they were so cheap, you still had to compete on the price of the main item, and people expected you to chuck in the cables for free! It used to be easy to demonstrate the difference in analogue video cables, we sold B&O TV's for a while and if the cable wasn't a good one the TV would absolutely rip it to pieces (metaphorically speaking)

Anyway, enough off-topic from me.

Back