MIDFIELD RACEWAY IS BACK!!! + Painted Mazda LM55 and Chapparal 2X!

• Thread starter FoRiZon
  • 633 comments
Never had the pleasure driving Mid-Field (started with GT5).
Tried an arcade race (Pro level - 10laps) with the 2J (was first in my garage because I had been fiddling with the supspension).

I do like this "new" track, but got my 🤬 kicked by a Pescarolo. I came in second, 46" behind ... :scared:
Good sign.

I just HAD to drive it with the '99 Pennzoil Nismo GT-R to see if I could match the gold time from GT2.. Nope, the time is 1'03.400, and back then the car was not only AWD but putting out 705BHP as well if memory serves..

Other than that, there's a lots of fuzzy, warm feelings inside me right now. *manly tears of nostalgia*

Some quick Photos of Midfield Raceway.

mid-field-raceway-jpg.317062

mid-field-raceway_2-jpg.317064
mid-field-raceway_1-jpg.317063

mid-field-raceway_3-jpg.317065

Damn. Got up really early today just to download and play, but I've forgot to try it in reverse. Still got hours of boring work until get home. :banghead:

Keep posting pictures to keep me entertained. :rolleyes::sly: (awesome picture btw)

Thanks!

Ok, one more, entering the tunnel:

The reverse Midfield track was always one of my favorite tracks in GT4.
It seems much more legit than the actual "regular" version to me.

It really is, some corners comes to life driving on the reverse layout, for example, the first and last two corners.

They did a very good job of making the racing surface rough. The dips, rises and bumps are quite evident. Perhaps as detailed a racing surface as any track in the game. I do wish it were a bit more complex. As with most of the GT Originals, it is a little too short. But, even so, a very nice addition to the game.

Brought me back old memories, lots of :) so im really happy with Midfield, all we need now, is SEATTLE CIRCUIT back!!!+
Now thinking about the B-Spec, i would like it to be available @ online also, so that you could, with your friends, compete against each other, like bspec drivers VS bspec drivers and give orders from pit(just like watching a race). Now that would be just awesome đź’ˇ

They did a very good job of making the racing surface rough. The dips, rises and bumps are quite evident. Perhaps as detailed a racing surface as any track in the game. I do wish it were a bit more complex. As with most of the GT Originals, it is a little too short. But, even so, a very nice addition to the game.

It's simple and short, but it has such good flow that helps you ignore that kind of problem. Maybe they could create a longer variation (maybe a left turn after the bridge, who knows) but it's pretty much perfect the way it is.

Both layouts are very interesting, the original tests heavy braking after esses and the second makes some of the layout more interesting, such as that uphillish first left hand turn. Gotta love this track.

Brought me back old memories, lots of :) so im really happy with Midfield, all we need now, is SEATTLE CIRCUIT back!!! đź’ˇ

If the track diversity was that of GT2/GT4, GT6 would be an epic. As others have mentioned, PD has a catalog of great fictional tracks and locations from previous entries in the series. Sure, license tracks are always great to have and can never be duplicated and diminished because of their importance, but the locations PD used to create memorable and "believable" circuit layouts have always been top notch compared to other series' fictional tracks. Except, Maple Valley in Forza is a fast circuit I have always enjoyed.

Red Rock Valley would be awesome at sunset! very high speed track. It's like HSR/Route X(little bit of the tunnel)/Silverstone(the esses) combined. That's a track that would do well with a dawn to dusk time change.

Do this, arcade race, professional, 5 laps or more, get into STOCK Castrol Tom's Supra or newer SuperGT cars on Sports Soft or Racing Hard, and pick MIDFIELD REVERSE - race. Set weather to 75%, 20% water on track, battle to first, and enjoy the challenge.

the new Midfield it's wonderfu l:tup: I remember that an old version had not so many barriers, i could cut in the last chicane,now a big wall:lol:

my favourite original track.

Just did some laps in the Toyota GT-ONE and immediately, I loved it. Its been so long since I've driven on this yet it felt as if I never stopped. I was even able to take the winding s part after the first two turns flat out like I used to. Its just as fun as I remembered đź‘Ť

Drove round Midfield for the first time since 2005 last night, was great to see it back and did bring back the memories from GT: Concept.

But I was finally able to live a dream I had from when I discovered the GT3 version of the NOMAD Diablo in a playstation magazine back in 2002. Drove that round Midfield and it felt at home there.

I feel like I being playing in Gran Turismo 2 again at Midfield Raceway. So far I've tried to drive cars from the 1990s & before to give it a little bit of Gran Turismo 2 feel. So far my first 2 old cars I have driven are the 1969 Ford GT40 Race Car here & the 2000 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R.

& For trivia I first played Gran Turismo 2 in 1999/2000.

& If I want to I can go back to that game since I still have it & a PlayStation 2 slim.

Latest Posts

Back