Midlands Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smitz
  • 73 comments
  • 4,078 views
Messages
251
Messages
PhantomSmitz
Hi all,

Recently I have been thinking of organising a championship and the other day I was playing online in a room for the midlands...Now this got me thinking...why not try and organise a Championship for racers in the Midlands!

What I am proposing is a 10 race championship 5-10 laps each on a variation if circuits with a limited BHP for each circuit.

I'm looking to draw it up properly over the weekend but I do have a prize of a Mark IV up for grabs.

Let me know your thoughts and if you are interested. It will be based on a points system and will try and get it started in March.

Smitz
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay,

Lets get some detail on:

Race length - 5/10 Laps (depending on track)
Start Type - Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order - Based on Previous Race Result
Penalty - Strong
Power - Will vary everytime
NO Active Steering, ASM & Driving Line

So far the following participants will be:

birksy82
stretch616
bluediamond
flemaldinhio
freelance
Mart[1001]
Rylan
Rx8fanboy
Jay4275
catmandoza
pk3r72owns
TURBOMATIZ
danthespam


The race results will be based on a points system:

1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 15 points
4th - 10 points
5th - 8 points
6th - 6 points
7th - 4 points
8th - 2 points


Any questions please ask
The room name will be Midlands Championship. Feel free to add me on PSN: PhantomSmitz, just add the message Midlands Championship.

I will be participating in the races but I wont take any points regardless to where I finish.

After each race I will update the points on a table and post them on here

Happy Racing
 
Last edited:
What Midlands? GTP is a global site and I'm sure loads of countries have a Midlands.
 
What Midlands? GTP is a global site and I'm sure loads of countries have a Midlands.


Yeah but only England has THE Midlands :p
 
GOTMAXPOWER
Yeah but only England has THE Midlands :p

I hear you dude...and you hit the nail on the head...West Midlands and East Midlands welcome
 
Yeh...there are a few online people thar have expressed an interest and I've told them that it would be organised on here. I should be looking at either tomorrow (Friday) or Sunday to compile a list of drivers...along with the settings
 
Yeh...there are a few online people thar have expressed an interest and I've told them that it would be organised on here. I should be looking at either tomorrow (Friday) or Sunday to compile a list of drivers...along with the settings

I'll keep an eye out for it then, tbh though I can only get on the PS3 after 9pm as the missus has to watch her crap on t.v first :lol:. If it's around this time I'll take part.
 
Oh you midlanders!


As a respected member of "The North" , I thought i'd remind you that the midlands will always be below "The North"






figuratively and literally.



you may now get back to your bulls ring!


:P
 
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :)

I'm a black country boy :D
 
Does living in Great Malvern for 3 years count...I'm now in the "bra"
 
birksy82
I'll keep an eye out for it then, tbh though I can only get on the PS3 after 9pm as the missus has to watch her crap on t.v first :lol:. If it's around this time I'll take part.

Lol...I know how you feel but now I have a dedicated games room :)

Peeps if you can give me a rough shout where bouts you are from...just want to keep it fair
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And then thousands of other random regions across the world form their own championships.... I want to open a Southwest US/Mexican border states race... or perhaps a southeastern/central Zamibian one?
 
Well due to the new update the Mark IV can't be gifted...I'll now be looking at some around the 900,000 - 1,000,000 Cr. mark
Will people still be up for this?
 
I'm from the Midlands (Staffordshire, just north of Brum) but doubt I'll be able to attend..

:(

Hope it goes well
 
Why don't you have a battle of the Midlands, the South Carolina vs the English one??
 
Can I join?
Oh and by the way I'm the guy from the online racing. You remember me, with unshavenyapper?
 
Im a Black Country boy too. So from the West Midlands and I would be interested in this. Dont really care about a prize, just want to take part...
 
flemaldinhio
I'm from the Midlands (Staffordshire, just north of Brum) but doubt I'll be able to attend..

:(

Hope it goes well

Dude in all honesty I may let you pass and put you in...I'll try and get some details up but will be online about 4pm GMT and may get a prequel on the go

Rx8fanboy
Can I join?
Oh and by the way I'm the guy from the online racing. You remember me, with unshavenyapper?

Yeh I remember you...where you from?

freelance
Im a Black Country boy too. So from the West Midlands and I would be interested in this. Dont really care about a prize, just want to take part...

Sweet hop on board :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the Staffordshire/Derbyshire border not far North of Burton. I could be up for some of this.
 
Loving the interest and detail of what will be happening will be up a little later today...I will be creating a room later called Midlands Championship and look out for the people that have already shown interest.

As a prize I'm thinking of maybe my Penzoil Skyline GTR (R34) (Car I used to love in GT4)

What do the majority think about this?
 
Okay,

Lets get some detail on:

Race length - 5/10 Laps (depending on track)
Start Type - Grid with False Start Check
Grid Order - Based on Previous Race Result
Penalty - Strong
Power - Will vary everytime
NO Active Steering, ASM & Driving Line

So far the following participants will be:

birksy82
stretch616
bluediamond
flemaldinhio
freelance
Mart[1001]
Rylan
Rx8fanboy
Jay4275
catmandoza
pk3r72owns
TURBOMATIZ
danthespam


The race results will be based on a points system:

1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 15 points
4th - 10 points
5th - 8 points
6th - 6 points
7th - 4 points
8th - 2 points

Any questions please ask :)

I'll be putting the room up today just for a feel of how things are and how all runs. The room name will be Midlands Championship. Feel free to add me on PSN: PhantomSmitz, just add the message Midlands Championship.

I will be participating in the races but I wont take any points regardless to where I finish.

Happy Racing
 
Last edited:
iv only just got home from work so won't be online til about 8pm.

OP, ill friend request you when I'm on then you can tell me what track your on so I can find you :)
 
Great idea! Wolverhampton here.
 
Last edited:
Back