Midnight Club GTP-Meetup 3 - Photos

• Thread starter Turbo Lag
  • 117 comments
Now I've done the million dollar deal, I'll bring my custom paint Saleen. And I'll probably sling some Brembos on the S600

I'd be glad to join! Maybe.. Just one thing..I don't really get the concept of GMT. I figure that if it's 8am GMT, it's 3am EST right?

Problem resolved, Dom now has his times sorted (through MSN) :)

Language wise my rapid flashing brake lights (without actually hitting the brakes to hard) seemed to let everyone know I was slowing/turning.

Thats because that in almost every online driving game, if your cruising then when you see the flashing lights it automatically means we are stopping. Common language.

First post updated, PM's sent to most people.

Another thing when we're cruising, if you've noticed, I always use the road lanes correctly, if I move into the turning lane, that means we're turning and so on. Sometimes I may make a wrong turn but I think it'll be a tad easier.

Thats because that in almost every online driving game, if your cruising then when you see the flashing lights it automatically means we are stopping. Common language.

Alright alright, no need to undermine my post.

It's not common language seeing as alot of people here may not have cruised in an online game before. It worked because the first few behind did understand at first, and when 4 or 5 cars slow everyone does.

It's nice to make it 'official' language so EVERYONE knows what it means and not just taking assumed knowledge that everyone will understand.

First post updated, PM's sent to most people.

Another thing when we're cruising, if you've noticed, I always use the road lanes correctly, if I move into the turning lane, that means we're turning and so on. Sometimes I may make a wrong turn but I think it'll be a tad easier.

I found using the left hand lane was easier for me, everyone was in the right hand lane and so nobody could hit me from lag.

I generally stuck to the correct lanes when leading to signal where I'm going but even then someone with a lead foot would end up cutting right across my path as I turned :lol:

The main thing is just leaving a bit of space around you to allow for reaction times. If we all do that it should be fine.

The main thing is just leaving a bit of space around you to allow for reaction times. If we all do that it should be fine.

Yeah, last night I updated the first post again. I'm expecting everyone to read that, it should help with the communication problems.

Only 1 hours and 15mins to go!!!!! Whooopee. Early dinner for me tonight. Maybe if we still do this on Midnight Club Tokyo or something when I'm 18 I might see how well drinking and driving goes down. (Just to let you know, Ive only ever had one sip of beer and it takes like crap).

Shoosh you, I dont care, humph. Anyway, first thing that popped in my head, for all I care it could have been Midnight Club Melbourne or Israel (:lol:) hehe.

Only 1 hours and 15mins to go!!!!! Whooopee. Early dinner for me tonight. Maybe if we still do this on Midnight Club Tokyo or something when I'm 18 I might see how well drinking and driving goes down. (Just to let you know, Ive only ever had one sip of beer and it takes like crap).

Mmmm, beer.......:drool: Beer is easier to drink lots of than some other drinks for me. Anyway, if I disappear or don't show up it could be because of a storm heading our way. It's been muggy as all hell today and this is the result.

My connection to GTP isn't that good right now. Connection to MC is fine, so please don't expect me to be on GTP at the cruise.

........... if I disappear or don't show up it could be because of a storm heading our way. It's been muggy as all hell today and this is the result.

Yup, very muggy ugh. Anyway, my ps3 is fearless, mwahahahahaha:sly:. No not really, we have backup power (UPS) for the computer which has the router (ps3's connection), the loungeroom with the main TV and one for this computer and also one for my PS3:). All is well, unlike last night where the whole hour went out of power for hmm, 3 hours:crazy:.

My connection to GTP isn't that good right now. Connection to MC is fine, so please don't expect me to be on GTP at the cruise.

We did a connection test and I can play fine without too much lag even whilst my connection is being used by connection whores (family).

Looks like Pepsi and Lofasz aren't coming. No PSN invite, no PM nothing. If this is the way it'll always turn out to be, I might consider cancelling the next meetup altogether due to poor reception.

People who are online now will receive early invites.

Well I've had to pull out due to connection issues, it won't let me stay in the rooms. The one I was in was hosted by me, and lag was bad, then PSN signed me out anyway.:dunce: At least I'm in one picture.:sly:

Ok, I will admit, this meet wasnt fantastic.

• Turbo needed to PM one of us with mics to let us know what was going on.
  • When that random joined, he invited us to races and after that all we did was races, I mean we did what, 20 mins cruise time and then this demolition derby stuff and races etc.
  • Nothing really went according to plans but at least the talking and stuff was pretty cool.

Yeah, the room was open to randoms. I dunno why it was, Paulie obviously didn't make the room properly. I did tell everyone in the first post about everything, but it's now clear people didn't bother reading it.

I honestly thought that people would know if it's a random or not, he clearly was since he was ramming us all. I was expecting for everyone to use common sense and not follow him around and accept his rubbish races.

Last edited:
Don't be disheartened. I thought it went really welll. the randoms didn't bother me all that much and at lest two race invites were ignored by the group.

The one thing I would have changed would be less races in the Camaro. based on the custom paints aand vinyls that everyone had, I thought we should be able to run in slightly more... accurate machinery!

I had fun though, and thankfully the children were well behaved! I also got the long jump award in the sewer, so that was good!

Perhaps it's better I got disconnected then? We all know how I feel about GM, so you can guess how I'd feel if my Camaro was getting rammed.........

Yeah half the time was a ram-fest. What really annoys me is that I take all my time to write up all the details in the first post, and tell people to read it. It's pretty obvious that only about half of the guys actually read it. I'm also not happy about people randomly pulling out and about how nobody actually bothers to tell me that they can't show up in the first place. Now look, I'm going to have to mention names here. Lofasz, and Pepsi I sent you all a PM telling you about all the details. I even had you down in the list for you to show up. I told you specifically in the first post to add me on PSN. None of you bothered to send me any messages at all. If this happens again like this, I'm cancelling all the GTP-Meetups.

I am guilty of not lining up so you were on the end.:(:guilty:

It's not those types of things which annoy me.

It's simply people who don't bother to tell me at all. I mean, they had over a day to respond and simply say, "I can't come". They were all online aswell, I don't see why anyone would do that.

Don't be disheartened. I thought it went really welll. the randoms didn't bother me all that much and at lest two race invites were ignored by the group.

I had fun though, and thankfully the children were well behaved! I also got the long jump award in the sewer, so that was good!

I agree, thought it was a really good meet... was a good laugh 👍. I just wish we could reach the numbers of the first meet again. Even with less people I think this was the longest we played for and it had quite a decient bit of variety although I think smaller CTF matches would be better. The demoltion derby was great as was the chat :sly:

Turbo Lag you REALLY need a headset, if you want to organise things properly and keep everything in line you have to be able to communicate with everyone.

If you have anymore pics would be great to see them!

Robin.

Back