Midnight Club to Return? Take-Two Flags "Beloved" Series in $13bn Zynga Buyout

• Thread starter Famine
  • 38 comments
MC should stay dead judging by Rockstar's behavior turning GTA V Online into a broken pay-to-win mess and ruining the remasters of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. MC doesn't deserve to be resurrected just so it can be beaten into a mobile-only title and monetised to hell and back.

Yeah I don’t mind a Mobile MC if they also do a seperate console game again. It is true T2 are becoming notorious for micro transactions but I still hold out hope they are still keen on making great games. RDR2 as an example.

Part of me hopes for this to happen, but another part of me wonders if it should considering how Take-Two is these days with their franchises. They milked GTAV to death, they don't care to add things to RDR2 properly, and the recent remastered trilogy was a mishandled mess.

MC should stay dead judging by Rockstar's behavior turning GTA V Online into a broken pay-to-win mess and ruining the remasters of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas. MC doesn't deserve to be resurrected just so it can be beaten into a mobile-only title and monetised to hell and back.
That's super harsh you know 😑😓 I played MC2, MC3: DUB Edition Remix and MC:LA Complete Edition in the past and they were my favorite street racing games of all time.

A remaster for MC3: DUB Edition Remix and MC:LA Complete Edition and a remake of the first two MC games would be nice.

Last edited:
kjb
While I understand it I would certainly hope they don't turn Midnight Club into a mobile game. Midnight Club: Dub Edition was my favorite game in the series. I would love to see it come back on the consoles and pc
I bet they will. Just look at what happened to WipEout. But then again, if said mobile entry ends up being a commercial success, maybe Take-Two will feel better about making a new, more formal sequel.

I bet they will. Just look at what happened to WipEout. But then again, if said mobile entry ends up being a commercial success, maybe Take-Two will feel better about making a new, more formal sequel.
Unfortunately I think you are right 😞

kjb
Unfortunately I think you are right 😞
But on the other hand, the F2P Ace Combat game, Ace Combat Infinity, was a commercial success insofar that it basically funded Ace Combat 7. So I don't know if a F2P, mobile version of Midnight Club would necessarily be a terrible idea.

Ah, so Take Two buy-Zynga?

bazinga GIF

That's super harsh you know 😑😓 I played MC2, MC3: DUB Edition Remix and MC:LA Complete Edition in the past and they were my favorite street racing games of all time.

A remaster for MC3: DUB Edition Remix and MC:LA Complete Edition and a remake of the first two MC games would be nice.
Would you rather remember MC as incredible, innovative games or a cookie cutter online mess?

OMG!!! THAT WOULD BE FREAkIN AWESOME IF A NEW MC CAME OUT! I was hoping they would have updated mcls dub ed for xbox one or ps4 a few years ago but they didnt... Not a mobile game either its gotta be a counsle/pc game. I also think that if they do bring out another one I think it will be on a higher plateau than the others with the level video games have increased since mcla dub ed. SO yes this gamer is mos def hoping for a new midnight club....

Last edited:
Lets revive a beloved street racing series on a ****** mobile.

Not about making games which people enjoy its all about the profits.

Its been 13 years since the release of Los Angeles after all this wait for a bs mobile title 🤬

Pretty sure Visual Concepts said that they were working on a racing game in 2019. Hoping to hear more soon.

Midnight club coming back while Test drive is getting a new release.

Perfect time for a PGR revival. Come on Microsoft!!!

Two things jump out at me right away:

1: Visual Concepts taking lead. Are they not outstretched considering most of the development teams are working on either NBA or WWE 2K...?

2: Unreal Engine better not be the engine overall, because I'm not exactly convinced that Midnight Club's historical issues with handling physics will be fixed considering UE's issues with vehicle handling models.

Latest Posts

Back