Midnight Club to Return? Take-Two Flags "Beloved" Series in $13bn Zynga Buyout

• Thread starter Famine
  • 38 comments
Like, I would like to think that this might be something, but seeing those two aspects basically puts MC5 behind the eight ball already in it being a slap dash effort.

Ultimately, I treat this much like I treat TDU Solar Crown - talking a lot of game, but ultimately coming up short because of a multitude of different factors.

Like, I would like to think that this might be something, but seeing those two aspects basically puts MC5 behind the eight ball already in it being a slap dash effort.

Ultimately, I treat this much like I treat TDU Solar Crown - talking a lot of game, but ultimately coming up short because of a multitude of different factors.
I'm not seeing how anything about the info so far equates to "talking a lot of game" considering, it's still an unannounced title that Rockstar/TakeTwo have yet to even acknowledge.

Technically speaking, there hasn't even been actual peep about this. Just strong clues & conclusions brought about by media & us fans.

I'm not seeing how anything about the info so far equates to "talking a lot of game" considering, it's still an unannounced title that Rockstar/TakeTwo have yet to even acknowledge.

Technically speaking, there hasn't even been actual peep about this. Just strong clues & conclusions brought about by media & us fans.

I meant the 'talking a lot of game' comment more so for TDU:SC then MC5 considering the fact you brought up. Once again, my quick typing fingers **** me over.

Since Visual Concepts is developing the supposed game I wouldn't be surprised at all if the game is inspired by the more "bougie" side of car culture like the last 2 games. Personally I'd like to see them go back to a more darker in tone setting like the second game just without the extreme difficulty.

If this is Midnight Club, then San Diego should have been given the project.

Since Visual Concepts is developing the supposed game I wouldn't be surprised at all if the game is inspired by the more "bougie" side of car culture like the last 2 games. Personally I'd like to see them go back to a more darker in tone setting like the second game just without the extreme difficulty.

We literally know nothing about this game, my dude, so why you're trying to predict the tone of the game, I don't know.

Also lol at linking the Wikipedia page for MC2 when 95% of this forum probably remembers the game

We literally know nothing about this game, my dude, so why you're trying to predict the tone of the game, I don't know.

Also lol at linking the Wikipedia page for MC2 when 95% of this forum probably remembers the game
Why are you being so snarky? lol I'm literally just speculating.

Last edited:

There's a possibility they might still be, but it's my own speculation.

When you look at their gaming history, they were listed under Rockstar Studios for Max Payne 3 (2012), then as a Supporting Developer for Rockstar North for GTA V (2013), then went back under Rockstar Studios for RDR2 (2018). Now, with GTA 6 in the works & having to be led by Rockstar North as the GTA-house of all the studios, I wonder if R* San Diego has quietly been working on this title (since the job description says it's been in the works since 2019). The only other thing R* San Diego may have been doing since 2018 is providing support development for GTA 6 unless Rockstar has another unannounced game in the works that has R* San Diego working with everyone else under the Rockstar Studios label once more.

I would expect maybe what Visual Concepts is doing, is what R* San Diego did for North by providing supporting work as a studio that falls under TakeTwo. Considering their history over the last 15 years has been sports games, basically NBA & WWE for the last 7, handing them something like Midnight Club seems really off-brand. However, maybe Rockstar San Diego is quietly having Visual Concepts work on the main characters and/or doing mo-cap work for them. They're a very busy studio with NBA & WWE coming out every single year, I would think there would be more news of job openings for certain tasks if they were building an open-world driving game on their own, again a complete opposite of their usual "closed-world"/arena based environments (which btw, as a NBA2K player, is not particular hopeful; beyond the court, they don't do much each year to bring life into the arenas beyond making the spectators look/move a bit more realistic).

Ok, I'm paying attention. How much worse than Forza Horizon 5 could it be?

:scared:
I don't know. How hard is to make a good racing game this days? I mean the handling model from the past MC games wouldn't work for today standards. The last MC was in 2009. So no experience in the last 12 years. Yeah it can only be better than FH5.

Back