Might Start GT3 again...worth it?

• Thread starter Aldo
  • 69 comments
It is worth it and you can compare GT3 to GT4 and look if your skills got better while playing GT4 ;) Try to break your fastest lap times 👍.. This is fun, trust me :)

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

between GT2 & 4. maybe GT2 because it has my dream car, race modification and had the sound of the turbos blow off valve. made any powerful turbo car sound fast. lol
i'll have to start all my GT games again my ps3 broke a 2 months ago. then i lose the memory card adaptor for my ps3.:indiff:

I just dusted off the PS2 and got back into San Andreas again over Christmas.

I gave GT4 a whirl, but honestly found it dead boring after about 2 days (real days, not game days). Too many license tests, too restrictive at the start, and whilst there are alot of cars, most of them are crap. I have zero desire to drive a Daihatsu Copen or Volkswagen Lupo, and is it really necessary to have about 10000 different models of FC RX7 and R32-R43 Skyline?

So, I've started on GT3 again. I'm trying to gold the B license before entering any races or spending any cash. I found this post by me, years ago:
Gold B8, still can't get it. it occupied 3 weeks of my GT3 time before i just gave up. haven't got the S license yet, but haven't really tried, i suspect it will be difficult
I always liked GT3's race layout better, the world map in GT4 is too messy and scattered. The graphics are noticeably different, but still good enough, and I'm sick of being blinded by the glare on Twin Ring Motegi Road anyway.

Let's see if GT3 is worth sticking with a second time round.

Oh wow, my sweet sweet GT3. I got GT3 the day it came out and have played it through 100 percent i would say about 5-8 times since that day. The lack of tracks is for sure a bad part, but god its such a great racing game, even by todays standards. About 4 years ago i dusted it off and started playing it once again because there was just nothing out game wise worth a penny and just found it to easy and the track issue bugged me even more so i figured hey, why don't i give drifting a try in it. So after practicing and practicing bam, a totally new game was made out of one of my favorite games right then and there. I would say give it try again and if it does get too easy for you do what i did and what parnelli does, get a lesser car than what you are racing and grit your teeth while fighting to get to first :) Sometimes this proves to be a very stressful race, well a good bit of the time. And if that doesn't do it for you and you are interested in drifting give that a go. Just don't give up on the drifting part after a few days, it takes a while to get it nailed fairly well. If you do go that route let me know and i will shoot you my "base" RWD settings i use and then i tweak as needed from those base settings.

Good luck

I started it few days ago, 2-3 weeks after I finished GT4.
Too bad I only have NTSC version and I'm in PAL region. There's no metric system in NTSC ver.

I think it's sometimes best to complete the games in order :lol:

Have a new GT3 save and currently beaten Sunday Cup and Lightweight K-Cup. Not getting a license till I reach the point where I need it.

I think it's sometimes best to complete the games in order :lol:
Of course, but I never thought I'd become such a fan of GT series. I started GT4, got into it, finished it, thought I'd buy PS3 soon, didn't happen, so this is the result.:sly:

Yeah, it's worth it.....if you enjoy slippery handling (not as bad as GT2, but still...), cars that handle the same way no matter what you choose, lack of cars, and crappy time trial mode in arcade mode which you HAVE to do in order to unlock some things.

other than that, yeah it's pretty much worth it.

Yeah, it's worth it.....if you enjoy slippery handling (not as bad as GT2, but still...), cars that handle the same way no matter what you choose, lack of cars, and crappy time trial mode in arcade mode which you HAVE to do in order to unlock some things.

other than that, yeah it's pretty much worth it.

I remember that the only thing holding me from a 100% completion in GT3 was the Complex String time trial :ouch: (and maybe tahiti maze, should check that).

The rest of the game was quite easy. (On a sidenode: I do prefer GT3 over GT4. GT4 was just a bit too massive for me :P and I think GT3 looked better)

Digging up the past.

I have just started my GT3 career.

My wife bought me a copy about 9 months ago and i played a little and was not keen. However being that I have compled GT4 for max and all cars, I figured I'd give it a go.

Whoa! major change in style. Took me about 1 & 1/2 hours to gold the B test's, (B5 and B8 took the longest). I have bronzed the A and Rally licence aswell.

I have completed about 50% of Beginner a handfull of Amature and the first of the Wet rallies. All my victories have been relatively close because, (unlike GT4) I am not using any guides that tell me which car and what set-up to use.

I will try to get as far in to the game without having to buy a car, (started out with the MX5 from Golding B test's)

This game is actually becoming a little addictive. I quite like the game play. Time will tell how long I play this unitll I go back to GT4 again.

Digging up the past.

I have just started my GT3 career.

My wife bought me a copy about 9 months ago and i played a little and was not keen. However being that I have compled GT4 for max and all cars, I figured I'd give it a go.

Whoa! major change in style. Took me about 1 & 1/2 hours to gold the B test's, (B5 and B8 took the longest). I have bronzed the A and Rally licence aswell.

I have completed about 50% of Beginner a handfull of Amature and the first of the Wet rallies. All my victories have been relatively close because, (unlike GT4) I am not using any guides that tell me which car and what set-up to use.

I will try to get as far in to the game without having to buy a car, (started out with the MX5 from Golding B test's)

This game is actually becoming a little addictive. I quite like the game play. Time will tell how long I play this unitll I go back to GT4 again.

Hooray!

The Beginner League is mostly very easy...insultingly easy! The FR, MR and 4WD challenges can be done with cars that are totally stock, and you'll still blow the field away unless you have a kei car or something.

Like you said, the amateurs starts to get better. I also found myself getting rather addicted at this point. :irked: I wanna say more but I don't wanna spoil.

Last edited:
Man, I wish GT4 had the Wet Special Stages, as well as Special Stage 11. Those tracks, along with Rome, are enough reason to play GT3.

Played some more last night. I have now got mostly bronze IB and IA licence's (dont know if i will go for Gold though). Completed 6 Rally Events, (I like the first Smokey Mountin Course).

I used the RX7 I won, to win the first Wet Rally, Then used the that car to win the other wet rally. Now I'm using the Suby from the win on the second wet to do the rest.

This is becoming more and more addictive, I will have to go and buy the wife another DVD TV series to keep her busy. :)

Hooray!

The BEginner League is mostly very easy...insultingly easy! The FR, MR and 4WD challenges can be done with ccars that are totally stock, and you'll still blow the field away unless you have a kei car or something.

Like you said, the amateurs starts to get better. I also found myself getting rather addicted at this point. :irked: I wanna say more but I don't wanna spoil.

Please say more, you won't spoil it. Am I too become :nervous: or something.

Currently now 37% in and I have started going all over the Halls.

I lent my copy of GT4 to a friend. And after racing an Aston Martin in real life, i felt the need to play GT again to quench my thirst for racing. I remember that i never 100%ed GT3 the first time around, now i am on a mission, it's addictive and really fun.

This time around i'm sticking with only cars i like, and ditching all the average prize cars you get given in amateur. It's really quite good, steering is very fun, especially now i have the Logic Driving Force Pro.

Beginner was easy, Amateur is great. I'm almost ready to move the Pro league, just not looking forward to the long Toyota Yaris Races (Yawn).

It definately worth picking up GT3 again. This is filling in the gap nicely during the wait for GT5.

Please say more, you won't spoil it. Am I too become :nervous: or something.

Well, the "more" part is just my opinion about GT3,but you might wind up forming a different opinion.

Parts of the Amateur & Pro levels have some very intense racing, but parts of it seem under-developed and not very challenging. There's a bunch of races in which the Ai will be alongside you (or ahead of you), and you'll be fighting for all you've got. All a sudden, the battle is over....the Ai has to pit after 3 laps (or whatever) in a race that's 10 laps long. :lol::ouch: It's just lame. 👎

In GT4 all the cars are on the same tires during races. Well in GT3 it's obvious some are on softer tires than others. You'll see a Corvette (like I said) that can't finish 3 laps without a pit, while the Viper in the very same race can go the entire 10 laps (or whatever).

It also becomes a bit repetitive as you'll find yourself on the same race tracks over and over. There's too much to do in GT3, and not enough new scenery to tackle while doing it, if that makes any sense. :yuck: And not to mention the fact that unless you really like JDM cars, you'll get bored with the lack of American & Europeans in GT3.

In these regards, GT3 is my least favorite. But there's people who totally disagree with me; think GT3 is the best, and all that. :lol: Don't listen to me, just keep getting thru the game. It's got some great moments, just like any other GT.

I lent my copy of GT4 to a friend. And after racing an Aston Martin in real life, i felt the need to play GT again to quench my thirst for racing.

Whoa...rewind there for a second.

You raced and Aston Martin in real life? You got my attention. Tell us more, dude. ....

Last edited:
I sold my copy of GT3 recently. :(

Lots of good memories go away with that, but I still have GT2 somewhere, and I'm nowhere near finished with GT4 yet. And I see both games to be better than GT3, which seemed to be a stop-gap sort of game.

Having said that though, talking about it has made me want to play it again! :guilty: And yet, I can't anymore.....:grumpy:

Wow. I could never sell any GT game! :ill: Even GT3 (my least favorite). How do you live with yourself? lol

Wow. I could never sell any GT game! :ill: Even GT3 (my least favorite). How do you live with yourself? lol

I know!! I feel terrible. :nervous:

I needed more space and I was getting rid of a ton of other older crappier games, and I just said yes to selling it. :( I did get a decent price for it in the end, but to be honest, I can see myself buying it back soon! :lol:

I know!! I feel terrible. :nervous:

I needed more space and I was getting rid of a ton of other older crappier games, and I just said yes to selling it. :( I did get a decent price for it in the end, but to be honest, I can see myself buying it back soon! :lol:

Yea, don't feel bad. There's still plenty of copies in stores, after all.

Now if you ever sell your copy of GT1, I'll have to come bitch-slap you, tho! :nervous: j/k.

Yea, don't feel bad. There's still plenty of copies in stores, after all.

Now if you ever sell your copy of GT1, I'll have to come bitch-slap you, tho! :nervous: j/k.

Haha, don't worry, GT1 is kept safely. Somewhere. I think. I hope! :scared:

I actually saw a copy of GT3 for £2.99 the other day in Game, now at that price, I'd be willing to buy it right back....

The maximum completion which can be attained without buying any car is 97.7%
The maximum completion which can be attained buying only a Mercedes is 98.8%
The maximum completion which can be attained buying only a TVR Tuscan is 98.8%
The maximum completion which can be attained without buying a Mercedes is 98.8%
The maximum completion which can be attained without buying a TVR Tuscan is 98.8%

Have fun!

In the NTSC edition of GT3 it is possible to win 100% of GT3 driving only fifteen of your garage cars.

In the PAL edition, it is necesary to drive a minimum of sixteen garage cars to win 100%.

Just finished GT4 (M34 i beat youuuu!), and dug up GT3. Wow, the steering felt like spaghetti compared to GT4, but I guess I'll get used to it. Currently on 87%.

I never played GT3 but I own it. Threw my PS2 out cause it wouldn't read most discs (GT4 worked) and now I feel bad :guilty:
These days I play GT1, GT2, and GT5P on my PS3.

Somebody loan me a PS2!!!

Latest Posts

Back