Millisecond: For the Upcoming Sequel...

Part 2 Page 3 - The Downhill Rally

At a mountain pass in Germany, a lot of racing teams have gathered for the event. Gan's crew has arrived at dawn and are busy setting up Takanori's Roadster. As for Takanori though, he prepares a cup of coffee and starts to drink it.

Takanori: "Man... I don't know if I will be energetic today. Gan-san forced us to wake up early. We were here first. It's almost noon time and I had lack of sleep!"

Then he looks at his car.

Takanori: "The Roadster is in tip-top shape, though."

At the other side of the pit area, Axel's crew has also arrived. They are setting up a red Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI DTM.

Axel: "A high revving V6 racing car. Hmmmm.... could it be fit on a mountain road?"

Makoto and Katrine have also arrived at the pits, checking on Axel's car.

Makoto: "Ooooh, a DTM machine."

Katrine: "Good luck, Axel."

Makoto just looks around. She sees a lot of participating cars.

Makoto: "Wow.... Everyone is taking this event seriously."

Then all of the cars have lined up at the start.

Takanori: "As usual, Gan-san requested to have me start at the last position. This is gonna be rough."

7666427764_4e26b64e26_c.jpg

Axel has the pole position.

7666428202_00895fa87e_c.jpg

Axel: "This is a good start."

Then the race has started, the cars in front of Takanori are pacing away.

7666428598_75ee7c4b57_c.jpg

Takanori: "Well, this car has a measly amount of power. But wait for me in the turns...."

However, as the other cars brake, he brakes rather late to overtake them.

7666428978_94f301e4cf_c.jpg

7666429746_48244de67f_c.jpg

Takanori: "This Roadster is light and tight!"

Then the car overtakes another set of opponents.

7666430154_2308fac0f2_c.jpg

Takanori: "A supercharger is really useful on a mountain road when bursts of power are needed at the corner exits.

7666430642_0c914ec913_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'm closing in. Good work, my little Roadster!"

7666431060_8a0c06231f_c.jpg

The Lancia Delta S4 understeered at a corner, thus giving Takanori a wide opening to overtake.

7666431488_5474921859_c.jpg

Then Axel is surprised to see Takanori's Roadster sticking behind him.

Axel: "An MX-5 Miata? That car really is a cornering machine. But I'm sorry though, a straight will make this car outrun you."

Which it does.

7666432196_969088705d_c.jpg

Takanori: "That Alfa is fast! Well, that's to be expected from a DTM machine."

Then another corner comes up, and Takanori brakes late once again to overtake the Alfa, but one of the Roadster's tires are caught on the grass, making the car lose grip.

7666432196_969088705d_c.jpg

Takanori: "Crap!"

Takanori then countersteers to keep the car in control.

7666432876_7754129780_c.jpg

Axel: "Too fast for braking, huh?"

As a result, Axel grabs the lead once again.

7666433214_d4ee113946_c.jpg

Takanori: "Dammit. Mountain passes are unpredictable..."

But thanks to the Roadster's cornering prowess, Takanori keeps up with Axel.

7666433606_503cbef7af_c.jpg

Approaching another corner, Takanori brakes and then performs heel-and-toe while downshifting. The 155 TI DTM and the Roadster are side by side. Takanori aims at the gutter.

Axel briefly looks to his left. He is shocked at what he saw.

Axel: "Stiggy!?"

7666433950_503b46bd66_c.jpg

Using the gutter as the apex, Takanori manages to overtake Axel.

7666434306_f0c3749ccb_c.jpg

Axel: "It's been a while, Stiggy!"

Takanori: "Japan has also roads like this.... And I know how to tackle them! I'll show you the way of the Touge!"

7666434666_ecfd0028ff_c.jpg

Takanori: "Balance is important!"

7666435062_cd0ff85c24_c.jpg

The Roadster outruns the 155 after each corner.

7666427254_af50f605c3_c.jpg

And then it crosses the finish line first at the bottom of the hill.

After the race, Gan's crew had come down to check on the car.

Gan: "As I expected. You never lost your touch."

Takanori: "My father used to take me to the mountain passes. So, this is just child's play for me."

Then Axel sees Takanori.

Axel: "Hey Stiggy, how are you!?"

Then Takanori takes off the helmet. Axel is once again surprised.

Axel: "Ta.... Takanori!?"

Takanori: "Hey there, my half-brother!"

Axel: "What the!?"

Then Axel pinches Takanori's face.

Takanori: "Hey, cut it out! I'm not a ghost or something! Everyone is doing that to me ever since."

Axel: "You're back! I thought you're dead..."

Takanori: "It's a long story. But I'm really happy to see you again, Aniki."

Axel: "Aniki? What does that mean."

Takanori: "Aniki means big brother in Japanese. And I already knew that you are since you told me about it when I was The Stig back then."

Axel: "Mata aete totemo ureshii yo!"

Takanori: "Watashi mo! Wow, you're speaking Nihongo now, huh?"

Axel: "Well, I gotta have to know you more, that's why."

Then Makoto and Katrine has also arrived. Upon seeing Takanori, Makoto rushes and hugs him tightly.

Takanori: "Hey babe! I missed you!"

Makoto: "You're here.... Finally!"

Takanori: "How's college?"

Makoto: "Hectic. I even want to cut class just to see you!"

Takanori: "I would be here in Germany for a while."

Makoto: "That's great. Oh, would you like to have some coffee tonight?"

Takanori: "But I just had one a while ago."

Makoto: "No..."

Then she whispers something to Takanori.

Takanori: "Oh..... I get it. Okay, later."

Then he shows a wink.

At late in the evening, Takanori and Makoto are at his hotel room. The two sit on the bed.

Takanori: "Your father is at the room in front of this room. So, I guess no one will disturb our "coffee", huh?"

Makoto: "Well, let's have coffee."

Makoto slowly unbuttons Takanori's shirt. But she rips it open.

Makoto: "Oh, you're hot..."

Takanori: "I guess race car drivers get ripped..."

Makoto: "Hush! Less talk, more fun."

Makoto: "Whoops, I think we forgot something."

Takanori: "Right..."

Takanori switches off the lamp. The room is enveloped in total darkness.

Then a few minutes later...

Takanori: "Ohhhh yeahhhhh! That felt really good!!!"

Makoto: "More.... just give me more."

End of Page 3

Last edited:
Part 2 Page 4 - Sayonara....

A week later, Tatsumi goes to Tsukuba Circuit to have a run with his R35.

7667490038_5135352c0b_c.jpg

The R35 perfectly clips the apex. Thanks to its rear-biased 4WD system and a front-midship layout, the cornering properties of the car are top-notch.

7667490420_9aa15224ca_c.jpg

7667490842_51936b796f_c.jpg

With the sequential gearbox that replaces the rather heavy and fragile dual clutch transmission, gearshifts are done faster than a blinking eye.

7667491224_3b9cbf2e9c_c.jpg

It completed the lap at 48.4 seconds, setting a new course record. It beats Michiharu's 52.4 seconds done by the R32.

7667489634_8a627884fc_c.jpg

Tatsumi: "Perfect... I have beaten Michiharu's lap record. Slowly, but surely... I shall take everything that should be mine in the first place! The Kanonji family will crumble with Takanori's demise! And I shall start anew with the life I have always wanted!"

At sunset, he returns to his headquarters in Shinjuku. Ichiro welcomes him.

Tatsumi: "It's time..."

Ichiro: "Understood."

Ichiro dons his black jacket and puts his hood on. Then he puts bullets in his sniper rifle.

At the evening, Takanori, Gan, and Makoto have arrived at the Haneda airport in Tokyo. The trio enter the limousine en route to the Kurosawa mansion.

Takanori: "You sure about coming with us here?"

Makoto: "Of course. Besides, I have filed a leave of absence in the school. I'll be back there for the next term, I suppose."

Gan: "Well, I hope you made the right decision, Makoto."

Makoto and Takanori look at each other and then to Gan.

Makoto: "Ummmmm.... well..."

Gan: "What is it, sweetie?"

Makoto: "I'm hungry. Come, let's eat dinner at Takanori's place."

Gan: "I guess both of you should go. I have to arrange papers in our house."

Makoto: "Okay."

Gan was dropped off in his mansion. Then Makoto tells the chauffeur to take them to Takanori's house.

Makoto: "I'm sorry.... I wasn't able to say it. I'm not sure if he'll accept it."

Takanori: "It's okay. We'll tell our parents in the right time. Anyways, you missed Mom's cooking, right?"

Makoto: "Yeah.... and also Takuma-san's pasta."

Takanori: "You like Aniki's pasta too? Huh, a lot of my friends love his cooking too..."

They have arrived at Takanori's house. As they enter, they see Takuma has finished cooking his signature pasta dish. Then Tomoko lets the food to be cooled a bit. Takuma heads upstairs and sees the couple.

Takuma: "Oh there you are. It's perfect."

Takanori: "Tadaima..."

Then Makoto bows before Tomoko.

Tomoko: "Okaerinasai. Hey, let's have dinner. Put your bags down, please."

Takuma heads to his room.

Little do they know that Ichiro is on the roof of a house just in front of Takanori's house. He lies down and prepares his sniper rifle with a silencer.

Tomoko: "Are you hungry? Is it okay for you to wait? There are other food that are yet to be cooked."

Takanori: "It's okay, Mom. I guess me and Makoto will go outside for a while."

Tomoko: "Okay."

The couple heads outside to take a breath of fresh air.

Makoto: "Is it okay for you?"

Takanori: "I am very much ready. I have saved up more than enough money to start."

Makoto: "Finances are not a problem. The problem is that how will our parents accept it."

Takanori: "They already knew our relationship ever since. So I guess they will be surprised, but they'll come to terms with it eventually."

Makoto: "You think so?"

Takanori: "Of course! Mom has even asked me when to marry you..."

Makoto: "Heeheehee... Oh you."

In his room, Takuma glances outside. Then he sees Ichiro on the roof, aiming the rifle to Takanori. Alarmed, he quickly rushes out of the room and to the downstairs.

Takuma: "TAKANORI!!!!"

He quickly opens the door. And then Ichiro slowly pulls the trigger.

Takanori: "What's wrong?"

Ichiro pulls the trigger. Though just in time, Takuma manages to be in front of Takanori and gets shot twice instead at his heart.

Ichiro: "Shoot! Dammit!"

Ichiro quickly heads down at the back and runs away.

Takanori: "ANIKI!!!"

Makoto: "Takuma-san!!!"

Takanori catches Takuma. Blood comes out from Takuma's mouth. Hearing the gunshots, Tomoko also rushes outside, crying.

Tomoko: "Takuma!"

Takuma: "I guess this is it...."

Takanori: "Don't talk! Save your strength!!!"

Takuma: "It was really nice to know all of you, even though it was so short. I love you.... and I will protect everyone under this roof."

Takanori now starts to cry.

Takanori: "Don't say that!"

Takuma: "Now, I have no one to bicker with... But the most important thing is... that I love you very much, Takanori. Be what you really are... Don't change..."

Takanori: "We can bicker all day long! Just hold my hand, I'll help you up!"

Takanori reaches out his hand. Takuma then tries to hold Takanori's hand, but....

Takuma: "Sayonara, koishii otouto da...."

He took his last breath, and closes his eyes as his hand fails to reach Takanori's hand and just plops down on his belly. Takanori is very devastated. He tries to wake up Takuma, but to no avail.

Takanori: "Aniki! Aniki! Aniki!!!"

Tomoko: "Why is this happening? Takuma, wake up!!!!"

Takanori then yells out and then weeps.

Makoto: "Takanori-kun...."

Takanori continues to weep for his dead older twin. Then rain suddenly starts to fall.

Makoto: "The sky.... it's as if it's mourning with us."

End of Page 4

Last edited:
Actually, writing pages 4 and 5 made me cry. :(

Next page will probably posted later or tomorrow. It depends...

Page 5 - Day To Live

Ah, okay. Anyway, if you're wondering. I already cancelled "Kansei". Don't worry though, I have a new fan-fic called "Legend Of Hakone". Same characters but different plot. The scene that we filmed earlier will be posted next month.

Part 2 Page 5 - Day To Live

A funeral wake takes place in small chapel nearby Takanori's house. Only close friends are present, and even Axel who came all the way from Germany upon hearing the tragedy. He sits besides Takanori who is obviously in grief. As for Ben, he stares at the lifeless body of Takuma laid in the casket.

Axel: "Condolences, Takanori.... I'm sorry to hear what happened."

Takanori: "Naze da.... Naze Aniki wo shinu ka?"

Axel: "I know you're too devastated.... But I'm here for you as well."

Takanori: "It was really short.... It was really, really short. He used to be my mentor in life for that span of time. He taught me a lot!"

Then Makoto and Gan also arrive. She also sits beside Takanori as Gan hands out the flowers to Tomoko.

Makoto: "Are you okay, Takanori-kun?"

Takanori does not reply.

Makoto: "I see... You don't need to reply for now. I have already read you."

Takanori: "It was really fun bickering with him. We don't agree in lots of things, but bickering with him made me smile and laugh all the time."

Makoto: "I hope you can move on...."

Takanori: "......."

Takanori stands up and takes a piece of paper and his guitar. He goes in front and sits down, putting that piece of paper on his lap while holding his guitar.

Takanori: "Everyone, I want you to hear a song. I found this piece of paper on Aniki's desk a while ago before heading here. It's his song that he had finished writing a week ago. He said that he's not good at singing, but he's good at writing songs. It's an odd combination, but these notes are very well thought of."

Takanori then plays the guitar and then starts to sing Takuma's song.

When in the past there is no future
Everyday is the choices that we make
Do you know we'll always be waiting
But the truth never forgets your name

The voice of life is screaming out
Surrounding everything in
Telling me to spread these wings and fly
To far away from your Earth fly
To feel the new sunrise
Because I can't take this anymore the way you're building me inside, inside
The day that makes us live to ride

Takanori fights back his emotions and tears before the song hits the next verse.

Maybe this choice will end in failure
Maybe everything that I feel is wrong
But I can't continue second guessing
Cause I've already made that mistake to long

The voice of life is screaming out
Surrounding everything in
To feel the new sunrise

He suddenly stops since he can't take it anymore. He stands up and goes to the corner of the room to wipe his tears. Makoto stands up too and goes at his side, trying to console him.

A few days later, they are at the cemetery. Takuma is buried beside Megumi's grave.

Takanori: "I guess Aniki will get to know Megumi more in heaven. I hope it works out well."

Makoto: "I'm sure it will. Axel, let's leave Takanori-kun alone for a while."

Axel: "Got it."

Takanori is just alone, standing on Takuma's grave. A gust of wind blows. Then he starts to sing one last time before he can leave.

The voice within is screaming out
Filling my heart, surrounding
To feel the new sunrise

That makes us live to ride

That makes us live to ride

Then he wipes his tears.

Takanori: "Farewell, Aniki. I will really miss you... I hope you're happy with Megumi."

He walks away, still wiping his tears. Leaves blow past by the two graves.

A few days later, at the evening, Tatsumi is heading back to his headquarters. As he is smoking on the way, he sees Takuma's Zonda R.

7668241674_380fa76c20_c.jpg

As he gets in, he shocked at what he saw. Dismembered bodies are scattered, with lots of blood flowing all over. There are even some severed heads and other bodies split in half.

Then he sees a severely weakened Ichiro crawling towards him.

Ichiro: "O...ya...bun... Please save me..."

Suddenly, Takuma's katana impales Ichiro. Ichiro screams in pain and dies. Tatsumi looks up, and it turns out that it's Takanori, donning Takuma's Black Stig racing suit and helmet.

Tatsumi: "I'm impressed. Your katana can cut through anything, huh?"

Then Takanori takes off his helmet. He gives a very cold stare to Tatsumi, with murderous intent.

Takanori: "You're next...."

Ichiro: "I didn't know that the most gentle person I've known will also be the most bloodthirsty. Heh, those eyes.... They remind me of your father; on how he shuns me whenever I need him."

Then Takanori takes out the blade from Ichiro's body and points it to Tatsumi.

Takanori slowly moves the katana closer, until the tip of the blade touches Tatsumi's chin.

Tatsumi: "You think your gentle heart will allow you to kill me? Go ahead, and do it."

End of Page 5

Takanori really has changed. I don't know if I change his attitude for his appearance in my story.

Last edited:
Part 2 Page 6 - Training Wheels

Takanori tightens his grip on Takuma's katana upon pointing it to Tatsumi.

Tatsumi: "Do it.... Show no mercy! That's the Yakuza way!"

Takanori: "Shut up! Why do you have put our lives in jeopardy!?"

Tatsumi: "It's because your father abandoned our family when we were young! I even tried to convince him to come back, but he does not listen! And as a result, your grandparents fought even further and then died in depression. I was left to fend for myself! I needed your father, but where was he? He's enjoying a life of happiness with his uncle and aunt! I want to make him pay!!!"

Takanori: "You just killed one of the most important people in my life! And I will definitely never forgive you for that!"

Tatsumi: "I have no weapon against you.... So do it now. I know that will make you happy, right?"

Takanori then prepares the blade to decapitate Tatsumi. He swings the blade to the right, but it stopped short of even touching Tatsumi's neck.

Tatsumi: "Why hesitate?"

Takanori: "If I do kill you, then that will make me sink as low as you are."

Tatsumi: "You think so? Or is it because you're just weak?"

Then Takanori puts down the blade and he hyperventilates.

Takanori: "Say whatever you want, but that won't change my view towards you."

Tatsumi: "How about we settle this the way we do best? How about a race? After all, the Kanonji clan is really known for speed. Our ancestors were once known as the fastest couriers of Japan!"

Takanori: "Sure thing. Where will it be?"

Tatsumi: "It's a street race. I'll close the streets by nighttime. It's simple. It's a 3 lap race and whoever gets first to the finish line, wins. If I win, then I get to banish you away from my life. If you win, then do whatever you want to me."

Takanori: "Splendid idea. Let's do it.... with our lives on the line!"

Then Takanori gets out of the headquarters. As he enters Takuma's Zonda R, he wipes off the blood from the blade and then puts it back on the sheath strapped between the seats. Then he closes the door, starts up the car, and then leaves.

As he arrived home, he goes to Takuma's room upstairs and puts back the katana on its holder.

Takuma: "I'm sorry, Aniki...."

Then he takes off the racing suit and then heads to his room to sleep.

The next day, Takanori heads to Ben and tells him exactly what happened on that night.

Ben: "What had happened to you, Takanori!? You are not like that!"

Takanori: "I just have to unleash all my anger, that's why."

Ben: "Revenge never made people happy, you idiot!"

Takanori: "That's why we want to settle it through a race."

Ben: "Okay... You think your R32 can touch Tatsumi's R35? I don't think so."

Takanori: "Then how?"

Ben: "Use my R34."

Takanori: "Your R34?"

7419591746_31f7dbf208_c.jpg

Ben: "If you do want to at least reminisce Takuma for inspiration, then use that car. It has better power-to-weight ratio than Tatsumi's R35. My R34 served as Takuma's training wheels."

7419591076_784845d50d_c.jpg

Takanori: "Aniki's training wheels?"

Ben: "That's the first ever car he had driven the day he got his license. He took it out without my permission. Then he insisted on letting me teach racing techniques with that car. He had grown attached with it.... He even got mad at me when I attempted to sell it."

Takanori: "I see. Well, I'll use it!"

Ben: "If you break it, then I'll break your neck for good."

End of Page 6

Part 2 Page 7 - I'm Ready...

Early morning, Takanori visits Ben's house in Minato Mirai at Yokohama. Upon hearing the doorbell, Ben steps out.

Ben: "Huh, as always, wearing racing suit in public. And you're still wearing your brother's racing suit, huh?"

Takanori: "You should very well know that black symbolizes death. A death of someone very important..."

Ben: "Yes, yes. Get in, you look pathetic in public wearing that."

Takanori immediately sees Ben's heavily-tuned R34 GT-R.

7672417176_089be8f2f3_c.jpg

Takanori: "So this is it, huh? Aggressive looking car."

Ben: "It took me money, blood, sweat, and tears tuning that car. Be careful using it. Though you would be surprised on how much better it is than your R32, trust me. Originally, I tuned that for racing on the Wangan and thus, it has 900 HP. But since I found out that there's a lot of potential on the track, I lowered the boost and now it only makes 800 HP so as not to compromise the handling."

Takanori: "Just give me the keys. I'll try it for myself."

Ben throws the keys and Takanori catches it.

Ben: "Take care of her, okay?"

Takanori gets in the car and leaves the house. Ben looks on, worried on his protege.

Ben: "Even with his tone of voice, Takanori has gotten colder... even colder than Takuma. Takanori, you don't have to do this... Your twin will not like what you've done and what you're doing right now."

Takanori heads over to The Twin Ring Motegi. Though only the East Course is open for public track days. After doing some initial set-up and a warm-up lap, Takanori enters the track and harnesses the R34's potential.

7672418668_9f61bc2848_c.jpg

Takanori: "That surge of power; it comes instantly on demand. I can feel 800 horses really kicking in."

Approaching the first corner, he brakes and performs heel-and-toe while downshifting. He tucks the car into the apex. But he notices something on the steering.

7672419616_43f8e87b88_c.jpg

Takanori: "There are times that I struggle to tuck my R32 to the apex, but this R34 has sharper steering."

7672420270_ab0f1f8a38_c.jpg

Takanori: "There's a big change in handling... The R32 can punish you with understeer, while this R34 doesn't. It can forgive you for your mistake and still hug the racing line."

7672421044_c6de144a0a_c.jpg

7672421852_bc4ef9c8ac_c.jpg

Takanori: "Impressive.... just impressive."

7672416306_d86e639d68_c.jpg

The R34 completed a lap in 1 minute and 13 seconds.

At night, Takanori prepares himself for the street race. A worried Tomoko enters his room.

Tomoko: "Are you sure you want to do this? This is a street race! And it's a lot more dangerous!"

Takanori: "I'm not doing this for revenge. I'm doing this because I have to restore and clean my father's honor being stained by some low-life criminal."

Tomoko: "Let the law decide on that! You might get killed!"

Takanori: "I'm not scared of anyone. Even if I have to face all the mafia leaders around the world, I am not afraid of them."

Takanori then heads downstairs while Tomoko follows him.

Takanori: "Ittekimasu..."

Takanori opens the door and gets out.

The R34's engine is growling like a beast on idle.

7672417958_7686edf822_c.jpg

Takanori: "I'm ready...."

End of Page 7

Part 2 Page 8 - Beginning of End

At 11 in the evening, the Route 5 was closed off due to the street race. Makoto and Ben are at the scene, waiting for Takanori to arrive.

Makoto: "I'm worried about Takanori-kun, Ben-san...."

Ben: "Me too, actually. I don't want him to take the path to darkness."

Makoto: "The Takanori that I know is gentle and warm-hearted. And he even makes people smile."

Takanori arrives first, and goes to Makoto.

Makoto: "You have to stop, Takanori-kun. You're going to get yourself killed! He's a Yakuza clan leader!"

Takanori: "I have to do this. I shall not back out..."

Makoto: "Look at yourself. You've done a rampage last night and then you act very cold to others. What will our child think when he sees his father like that? That he's a vengeful man? That he is cold, ruthless person? You're not the man that I used to know!"

Takanori: "After the race, we'll talk, okay? Ben, if I can't make it out alive, just run away and take Makoto with you. Keep her safe..."

Ben: "Takanori..."

Makoto: "If I can't stop you... fine. I hope you make it back here in one piece."

Takanori: "Understood..."

Then Tatsumi's R35 has finally arrived. It stops by at the starting line. Takanori gets back in the R34 and goes beside Tatsumi's car.

Tatsumi: "This is where we put our lives on the line, boy. Heh, I have been waiting for this very moment."

Then the 2 cars have started the race. Takanori goes off with a good start.

7674335184_169d8eb784_c.jpg

Takanori: "A great start. But I think that won't take long, though."

The R35 takes the first corner with speed.

Tatsumi: "The R35 has all the gadgetry to make it really fast; even at the corners!"

Takanori: "No wonder the R35 is one of the fastest cars at the Nuburgring. It takes corners like a piece of cake."

7674335474_76fee50e31_c.jpg

7674335748_091f285b4b_c.jpg

Tatsumi: "What's the matter, little boy? I thought you're the fastest in Japan!"

7674336074_dca71289b8_c.jpg

Then the 2 cars are at the main straight, with the R35 having a significant lead.

7674336408_5ec9777c37_c.jpg

The 2nd lap has started. Makoto has increasingly getting worried seeing the R35 having a great distance away from the R34.

Makoto: "Oh no...."

Ben: "Don't worry. Takanori will bring back his determination to win. In this situation, the Takanori we use to know....

....slowly comes back!"

7674336762_fcb0bdfb35_c.jpg

Takanori: "I have to do something. I must win.....

...for everyone!"

Takanori puts more pressure on the accelerator pedal. The R34's 2 turbos boost up at an incredible 1.8 bar upon pressing the scramble boost button.

7674337578_286dd59066_c.jpg

Tatsumi: "What!? Heh, you're impressive, after all. I guess you really are talented.... from chopping down people to chopping down lap times!"

However, he lets Takanori pass.

7674337942_5e2168557e_c.jpg

Tatsumi: "But I have to execute my plan, boy! This is the beginning of....

...your end!"

End of Page 8

Part 2 Page 9 - A Gentle Heart

Takanori: "I wonder why did he let me pass?"

7674338268_a979df67af_c.jpg

Takanori: "No matter, I shall give it my all. The last lap is about to start!"

7674338796_029ee49e87_c.jpg

The last lap has started, and Tatsumi is still behind Takanori initiating his devious plan.

7674339186_41a480c565_c.jpg

Tatsumi: "It's time for you.... to disappear!"

The R35 bumps the R34's rear end.

7674339496_42d6a715ce_c.jpg

Takanori: "I knew it... He wants me dead, and he'll use this opportunity!"

Then just before the last corner, the R35 now goes side-by-side with the R34.

Tatsumi: "Join your father now, Takanori! Say goodbye!!!"

He steers right so as to drag the the R34 to the wall to crash. But seeing that maneuver, Takanori reflexively steps on the brakes, evading the attack.

7674340024_b63f116bac_c.jpg

Tatsumi: "Dammit!!!!"

It's too late. The R35 crashes on the barrier instead, knocking Tatsumi unconscious.

7674340434_b6ec1e6ec7_c.jpg

Takanori: "It's over..."

7674340764_70c7880675_c.jpg

Just as he is claiming victory, however, he thinks back of what his people close to him have said....

7674341132_499e3dc84c_c.jpg

"What had happened to you, Takanori!? You are not like that!"

"Let the law decide on that! You might get killed!"

"Look at yourself. You've done a rampage last night and then you act very cold to others. What will our child think when he sees his father like that? That he's a vengeful man? That he is cold, ruthless person? You're not the man that I used to know!"

And then finally, Takuma's last words:

"Now, I have no one to bicker with... But the most important thing is... that I love you very much, Takanori. Be what you really are... Don't change..."

Takanori: "What have I become?"

He closes his eyes briefly and sheds a single tear...

Takanori: "I'm sorry everyone, I was too hard on you. Forgive me, Aniki..."

Then he steps on the brakes just as before he crosses the goal. Then he steers to the right and pulls the handbrake and kicks the clutch. The R34 performs a 180 degree turn. The crowd is wondering as to why.

7674341556_257c66830a_c.jpg

Makoto: "Huh? What is Takanori doing?"

Ben: "Observe..."

Takanori: "There's only one thing left for me to do."

He goes back to the wreckage. Then he gets out of the car and pulls out the unconscious Tatsumi and puts him on the R34's passenger seat.

7674334852_9fc88d00fc_c.jpg

As he drives along back, Tatsumi wakes up.

Tatsumi: "Huh? Why are you helping me?"

Takanori: "I am not the law. So therefore, I have no right to punish you."

Then the crowd once again sees the R34 arriving. It stops in front of Makoto and Ben who are waiting for him.

Takanori steps out of the car and takes out Tatsumi.

Takanori: "Ben, call the ambulance. Ojisan is heavily injured from the crash."

Ben smiles.

Ben: "Okay, got it."

Then Takanori approaches the worried Makoto.

Takanori: "Makoto... I'm sorry."

Makoto: "Takanori!"

Takanori: "I'm being so hard on you... and to everyone as well. Forgive me."

Makoto: "No worries! We're always here by your side no matter what happens!"

Then she shows a thumbs up to him. Then finally, Takanori once again shows a big smile and a thumbs up as well.

Makoto: "Welcome back, Takanori-kun!"

She hugs him tightly.

Takanori: "Oh no! That bear hug!!!!"

Then the two kiss each other.

As days go by, everything is back to normal. Tatsumi is now faced with charges of murder, kidnapping, smuggling, and illegal possession of firearms. He is set to be executed in the appointed time.

10 years have passed...

A huge crowd gathers at a newly-opened establishment in Ginza. The establishment in question is named The Speed Museum. The museum is filled with racing cars that have made their mark in Japan's motorsport history. The people are just mesmerized at the display.

Takanori enters the museum. He wears an executive attire with a necktie and has grown a beard. Upon entering, people look at him as he walks by the corridor. And then he stops in front of another door.

Takanori: "Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for coming in this opening ceremony. Behind this door, you will see 2 cars. Cars that have been owned by the people very special to me.

Meanwhile, Tomoko, Makoto, and a child are on a rush. They are hurrying towards the museum.

Makoto: "We're gonna be late!"

Tomoko: "I can't run like this, Makoto!"

Makoto: "Whew... We're in."

The three join Takanori. Then the child goes behind Takanori. He smiles.

Takanori: "Don't be shy... Introduce yourself!"

Child: "Um..... my name is Takuharu Kanonji. One day, I shall be as great as my father! I will follow in his footsteps!"

Takanori: "That's my boy!"

The crowd applauds and then Takanori opens the door. Inside, they see Takuma's Pagani Zonda R and Michiharu's Skyline R32 GT-R now on display.

Takuharu: "Wow...."

Takanori: "Happy Birthday, Takuharu. This is just one of my presents for you. These 2 cars are driven by the people who I miss a lot..."

Then he gets a handkerchief and wipes his tear.

Takuharu: "Dad?"

Takanori: "What is it?"

Takuharu: "Up until now, you don't tell me where I got my name."

Takanori: "Now is the right time. You see, your name is the combination of the names of those people who owned those 2 cars."

Takuharu: "You mean Uncle Takuma and Grandpa Michiharu?"

Takanori: "That's right!"

Takuharu: "When I grow up, I want to be a race car driver, just like you!"

Takanori: "That's great to hear! I'm looking forward to it!"

Then he shows a thumbs up to his son. Takuharu also shows his thumbs up to his father as well.

One name comes to mind whenever people talk of the greatest racing drivers known to mankind. And that name is....

....Takanori Kanonji.

The End

This is the last book and once I'm done with The Boom (which is the 4th book that has been in hiatus), I shall stop writing, probably temporarily. But once again, thank you very much for spending your time reading all of my books. I appreciate your comments and they're the reasons why I made the sequels.

Last edited:
... My face is blank right now... I don't know if I should be happy or if I should be sad...

lol

Bonus Page - Father and Son Drive

The first day of school has just ended, and Takuharu is at the school gates, waiting for his father to fetch him. Then his classmates arrive and also wait.

Classmate: "Hey, will someone fetch you? Or you walk home?"

Takuharu: "My Dad will fetch me."

Classmate: "I see. Hey, what's your surname again? I haven't heard that a while ago..."

Takuharu: "I'm a Kanonji!"

Then he just winks at his classmates.

Then Takanori arrives, with the R34 repainted in red. His classmates are awestruck.

7676286270_e010d0b605_c.jpg

Classmate: "Then you are the son of...?"

Takuharu: "That's right! Well, I gotta go. See you tomorrow!"

Takuharu gets in the car.

Takanori: "How's the first day of school?"

Takuharu: "For the whole day, everyone was like awestruck upon hearing my surname."

Takanori: "Gotta get used to it, son."

Takuharu: "Let's go."

While cruising around the city, the boy looks at the window.

Takanori: "Bored? Well, I can take you to somewhere special before we go home."

Takuharu: "Where?"

Takanori: "The touge."

The R34 rips through the touge.

7676286668_a34a9e1dee_c.jpg

Takuharu: "Woah! That immense lateral G force! This car has 1.6 bar of boost on full throttle!"

Takanori: "Hang on a minute, when and where did you learn those terms?"

Takuharu: "Mom taught me those! Hahaha!"

Takanori: "Your mom blows everyone's mind when it comes to racing terminologies. She's a good teacher, huh?"

7676287042_2d29b62a5f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Your grandpa used to take me here and drive all-out on this very mountain pass every weekend."

Takuharu: "Really? Wow..."

Takanori: "I'll do the same thing for you."

7676287556_7f9d6fdf7c_c.jpg

Takuharu: "The touge is a difficult place to drive. Look at those elevation changes! You never know what kind of corner you'll encounter!"

Takanori: "You're right. But if you're here every weekend, you'll get used to it; like I do, right now."

7676288078_148bbe8557_c.jpg

Takuharu: "Hey, can I shift gears? You do the heel-and-toe!"

Takanori: "Okay, I'll tell you when to shift!"

After a straight and approaching a corner, Takanori hits the brakes.

Takanori: "Shift to 2nd, now!"

Then Takuharu moves the gear lever while Takanori performs the heel-and-toe.

Then Takanori steers and tucks in to the ideal racing line.

7676288572_ed8e62b81b_c.jpg

7676285292_2d258938d9_c.jpg

Takuharu: "You're truly amazing! I AM YOUR NUMBER ONE FAN!!!"

Takanori: "Thanks, Takuharu!"

Then the R34 continues to rip through, with Takuharu very happy and determined to follow his father's footsteps.

End of Bonus Page.

Writer's Note

After consulting with some of the fellow readers here, I am seriously considering of making a sequel.

The time setting would be right after this story, and Takanori's son hasn't been born yet.

I already thought of the title. It would be named: Sideways

It would focus on rallying and drifting. Axel attempts get to know more of the Japanese culture and he is very much interested on the latter after seeing a car drifting right in front of him.

As for Takanori though, he was invited to the world of rallying. In short, these 2 characters will have a taste of different racing styles unknown to them.

But don't get your hopes up, though. I am so much preoccupied in college right now, and I am even thinking of cancelling The Boom since the whole story itself can survive without it and is more of a detour.

RCKakashi14
Writer's Note

After consulting with some of the fellow readers here, I am seriously considering of making a sequel.

The time setting would be right after this story, and Takanori's son hasn't been born yet.

I already thought of the title. It would be named: Sideways

It would focus on rallying and drifting. Axel attempts get to know more of the Japanese culture and he is very much interested on the latter after seeing a car drifting right in front of him.

As for Takanori though, he was invited to the world of rallying. In short, these 2 characters will have a taste of different racing styles unknown to them.

But don't get your hopes up, though. I am so much preoccupied in college right now, and I am even thinking of cancelling The Boom since the whole story itself can survive without it and is more of a detour.

Sounds good. However i would choose for a story about his son now you introduced him. Or about Takanori when he already has his son. But it's not my story. Whatever you're going to make, I'd love to read it and good luck with college ;).

Sounds good. However i would choose for a story about his son now you introduced him. Or about Takanori when he already has his son. But it's not my story. Whatever you're going to make, I'd love to read it and good luck with college ;).

It is complicated to do that, because Takanori's kid lives in 2020 or more... future cars, complicated to do in GT5. :lol:

Takanori's new rival for the upcoming sequel.

Kenji Sakamoto:

7683884288_9a991771ce_z.jpg

And Takanori's new look:

7683884120_2607f71f67_z.jpg

Sideways will be posted around this Thursday.

Why is it that I seldom see characters fulfil their vengeances in the stories I read/games I play/movies I watch? I mean for some people it's so that "they don't stoop to their level", but frankly for me, if someone steps over the moral event horizon, that's when you shouldn't give a damn about your own actions to bring them to justice.

Last edited:
Why is it that I seldom see characters fulfil their vengeances in the stories I read/games I play/movies I watch? I mean for some people it's so that "they don't stoop to their level", but frankly for me, if someone steps over the moral event horizon, that's when you shouldn't give a damn about your own actions to bring them to justice.

First of all, thank you for taking your time to read from the very start of my Gran Turismo fan fiction, from the GT5 era. I appreciate your effort for doing so.

Now, on the meat of your post, I understand your stance, but as for me, there's no feeling of "satisfaction" when you get your revenge. Revenge is something one can easily get lost into, like a forest. One can be blinded so much by their anger that they are actually ending up offending more people than originally intended, especially their loved ones.

In the end, revenge won't bring back what was lost, hence leaving that person unsatisfied.

Back