Minecraft Photo Thread

• Thread starter TVR27
  • 37 comments
So I've done quite a bit since my last post, but I'm only going to show a couple things.

I've changed the main spawn so there's a underground 'debriefing' room or whatever beneath the beacon. I don't really know what it would be used for, but it adds so much dimension to the otherwise flat landscaping. Not pictured are little stairwell things that will enable players to get back onto land after falling into the river.

Here's a better view of my radiating level structure. Lower levels are closer to the villages while higher buildings are farther out. I now realize that this is pretty much backwards to how an actual city would be built. Generally, higher density buildings are closer to the center of the city and low density buildings are farther out. But I figured since the village is such a rural looking area, might as well build more urban structures as you go farther away from them. That and going from high to low would require me to do math in order to make it all work out how I want it to end up (I don't like math :) But I still use it all the time when constructing these cities, so I'm really just lazy).

View attachment 757052

If you notice the village with nothing around it on the left of the map, it's very close to the high level buildings, so in order for everything to mesh correctly, I need to demolish several of those high level buildings, unfortunately. Planning goes a long way in this world.
Do you do this all by hand, or do you use commands/MCEdit?

Do you do this all by hand, or do you use commands/MCEdit?
I do this with WorldEdit and primarily use //copy, //paste, /up, and //replace. I've used /deform a couple times on the bigger buildings because before I was building the different orientations by hand and using //replace. On my other city before this one, every block that was part of a building was hand placed, as was the case with the city before that. It gets tiresome. :)

I do this with WorldEdit and primarily use //copy, //paste, /up, and //replace. I've used /deform a couple times on the bigger buildings because before I was building the different orientations by hand and using //replace. On my other city before this one, every block that was part of a building was hand placed, as was the case with the city before that. It gets tiresome. :)
Ohhh that's amazing!

I'm back again, haha. Yes I'm still playing this game. I just keep coming back after each major release and when there's a compatible Shaders pack for it. Recently my brother got a server going and invited me to it. It's just a plain vanilla survival world but it also has WorldEdit and I think one other plugin. Here's a few screenshots of the three houses I've built on it while exploring. This time in survival instead of creative.

This is the first house I built. It started out as wood though. I used to finalize my houses in hardened clay before concrete was introduced, but when I learned how easy it is to make and set concrete, I've been using it ever since. It also has more "accurate" colors than the sometimes faded terracotta.

2019-01-04_19.36.39.png 2019-01-04_19.43.01.png
2019-01-04_19.39.23.png 2019-01-04_19.39.33.png

This is the second house I built. It was originally a very strange village house which quite honestly looked awful. So I kindly evicted the residing villagers and completely overhauled it. I chose cyan with this one because of the abundance of cyan dye flowers in the neighboring swamp. This is also the first one where I tried doing a glazed terracotta floor. I think it turned out pretty nice!

2019-01-04_19.37.34.png 2019-01-04_19.42.14.png
2019-01-04_19.38.05.png 2019-01-04_19.38.25.png

This is the latest home I've constructed so far. It's north of my first house, which is on an island (the cyan one is northeast), off the coast of a savanna and the enclosed village. There's a river that literally runs directly through the center of the village, so that yields some interesting construction. I chose to renovate a house the was situated in the middle of the river, surrounded by water and connected to a bridge from the front door. It's a lovely little location. I decided on a color scheme for these first few houses I build: CMYK. The first one was red, so I'm counting that as Magenta (even though there's a magenta dye). Second was Cyan, and this one is Yellow. Guess what the fourth one will be! I might do RGB next, in which I'll substitute R for Magenta to make up for my lack of planning.

2019-01-04_19.35.29.png 2019-01-04_19.41.04.png
2019-01-04_19.40.46.png 2019-01-04_19.40.30.png

Latest Posts

Back