• Gr.3

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • other?

Votes: 29 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long were you A for before being promoted to S? I’ve been stuck on a blue A for 8-10 races now
Yesterday I got to A after running the Gr. 4 daily a couple of times. I put down a good qualifying and started in top 5 with that most of the time, so I could race cleanly with those at the top of the pack.

Today I did the new Mazda sedan daily and the Gr. 4 daily and after that I got my S. I think the current Gr. 4 race helped the most with this. I started on P1 and kept that position for the entire race. Also put down the fastest lap times and got a Clean Race bonus.

Just wanted to say many thanks for sharing these set ups.

I have been driving Kyoto this evening and did 20 laps with the car as it comes and then 20 with your tune. Not only was I quite a bit faster but also the car was a joy to drive. Fantastic work.

Just wanted to say many thanks for sharing these set ups.

I have been driving Kyoto this evening and did 20 laps with the car as it comes and then 20 with your tune. Not only was I quite a bit faster but also the car was a joy to drive. Fantastic work.

nice to hear that u guys get faster with these setups.

Minkihl, have you tuned the Cayman Gt4 at all? Based on the lap time tables for the final driving school test, it seems like it should be able to compete with the GT-R Gr4 fairly comfortably. I wonder why it wasn't used more in the Dragon Trail daily?

Minkihl, have you tuned the Cayman Gt4 at all? Based on the lap time tables for the final driving school test, it seems like it should be able to compete with the GT-R Gr4 fairly comfortably. I wonder why it wasn't used more in the Dragon Trail daily?

i drove the cayman at suzuka 2 daily events before, but dunno i think it depends on the track

I really appreciate this and would not mind donating some money to you for taking your time to do this. You don't need to share these and you could leave us all behind while you speed ahead, but you choose to help us out. Even if these are a little different/slower than what you use, they're definitely much faster and allow me to keep up/race with those up here in A/S DR. Much appreciated and I hope you keep 'em coming!

nice to hear that u guys get faster with these setups.
I tuned my GT-R to your setup, but for some reason the gears won't let me get to what you specify them as.
Then when I drive the setup, my car is literally maxing out at 200.

What did I do wrong?

On your Kyoto Driving Park with the GT-R, how do you setup the gearbox?

I might be doing something wrong. First i setup the top speed to 200kmh, then i change the final gear, but when i go to change the first gear the lowest value i have is 1.813.

But in your setup you have 1.518.

Am i doing it in the wrong order or something?

On your Kyoto Driving Park with the GT-R, how do you setup the gearbox?

I might be doing something wrong. First i setup the top speed to 200kmh, then i change the final gear, but when i go to change the first gear the lowest value i have is 1.813.

Am i doing it in the wrong order or something?[

Final gear first mate then drop the top speed then gears

2.5 sec off my lap time and still getting it. Those flat turns are a bitch though. Sec d to last one and a few turns ahead of that are the slowest place for me.

First of all let me introduce myself, my Name is Dominik Allram and I live in Austria (Vienna).

I drive Simracing since the end of 2004, I started with GT FIA Racing game, better known as GTR / GTR2.
After that i drove Endurance Championships in Rfactor and last i was competing in Iracing.

My Input Hardware started with a Logitech G25 and end in a Clubsport equip from Fanatec. (On PS4 i drive with G29 right now!)

Now i want also to compete in GT Sports and i will try to let u guys know my setups, to help out the best i can!
...because we are a Racing community and we should help each other.

PSN: MINKIHL

All Times are driven in Daily Races with BoP

Setups:
Dragon Trail - Coast
1.46,457 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

CAR: GT-R Gr.4

Setup:
Brake: 5

Ride hight: 65mm/2,56in F - 109mm/4,29in R (changed it from 60 to 65, i was feeling that i touch the street first corner)
Frequency (hz): 2.40 F - 2.50 R
ARB: 7 F - 5 R
Compression: 53 F - 55 R
Rebound: 85 F - 81 R
Camber: 2.2 F - 2.8 R (here Credits to dorian101 - feels better with your changes - thx)
Toe: in 0.04 F - in 0.12 R

Downforce: 250 F - 450 R

LSD: (higher values for controlled but good accelerating)
front rear
5 5
40 35
5 5

Gears ratio:
Top Speed 270km/h

Final Gear 4127

Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

1.41,800 (Replay can be found Ingame with Tag minkihl)

CAR: GT-R

Setup:
Traction: 0

Ride height: 80mm/3,15in F - 109mm/4,29in R
Frequency (hz): 2.40 F - 2.58 R
ARB: 6 F - 6R
Compression: 53 F - 55 R
Rebound: 85 F - 81 R
Camber: 3.0 F - 1.8R
Toe: in 0.07 F - in 0.12 R

Downforce: 250 F - 450 R

LSD:
front
5 5
40 36
5 5

Top Speed: 200km/h
Final Gear: 4640
(First gear 1,518 / 127 and 6th 0,832 / 239)
1.42,517 (forgot to save replay)

CAR: Scirocco

Setup:
Traction: 0

Ride height: 74mm/2,90in F - 120mm/4,72in R
Frequency (hz): 2.40 F - 2.50 R
ARB: 5 F - 5 R
Compression: 55 F - 55 R
Rebound: 85 F - 85 R
Camber: 3.0 F - 3.0 R
Toe: in 0.30 F - in 0.30 R

Downforce: 210 F - 450 R

LSD:
front

Gears ratio:
Top Speed: 270km/h
Final Gear 3859

Last Setup Update: 26.10.2017

I can't get your gearing ratios for some reason. 200km/h is same as 124 mph or all the way left on the slider for top speed, but first gear ratio, lowest can go is 1.813 / 83 mph. I tried setting final gear firat, but still no go.

I can't get your gearing ratios for some reason. 200km/h is same as 124 mph or all the way left on the slider for top speed, but first gear ratio, lowest can go is 1.813 / 83 mph. I tried setting final gear firat, but still no go.
Had a similar issue, I just adjusted the max speed from 200 to 210 to allow for the extra “slider room” to adjust those gears.

I tuned my GT-R to your setup, but for some reason the gears won't let me get to what you specify them as.
Then when I drive the setup, my car is literally maxing out at 200.

What did I do wrong?
Might sound silly but did you apply this tune to the GT-R Grp3 and not Grp4? I only ask as I did the same by mistake and had that very same issue until I realised it was the wrong car lol.

How do I watch your replay? Following you on pan bit hasn't showed up in friends area. Also, got your GT-R setup ratios and all. Just put down a qualifying time on Kyoto of 1:44:937, which in D (hair away from C), is pole position every time, even with some C in the race lol. I have more time I know I can get, which is why I want to see your vid with your setup to see your cornering and shift points. Since gears 1 and 6 are longest, I have been hoing between them mainly.

Last edited:
I can only hit a 1:43.4xx at DPY with your tune. It feels like it understeers quite noticeably in the last section, expecially in the left hairpin, and the 90 degree left turn right before the end. Still solid overall, and very stable 👍

How do I watch your replay? Following you on pan bit hasn't showed up in friends area. Also, got your GT-R setup ratios and all. Just put down a qualifying time on Kyoto of 1:44:937, which in D (hair away from C), is pole position every time, even with some C in the race lol. I have more time I know I can get, which is why I want to see your vid with your setup to see your cornering and shift points. Since gears 1 and 6 are longest, I have been hoing between them mainly.
If I remember correctly you go to Discover>Replays and use his name as a search tag. It will show you his replays and you can also follow his profile for future use then.

@MINKIHL do you mind posting the gearing for the GTR @ Kyoto? Also, 200 kmh = 124 mph, correct? Thank you so much for these!
How to you do the hearing because it won’t let me go down as far as 1500 on first gear ?
Am i doing it in the wrong order or something?

Top Speed 200km/h
1. 1518 / 127
2. 1290 / 149
3. 1128 / 171
4. 1010 / 191
5. 0914 / 211
6. 0832 / 239
Highest Gear: 4640
(Important: First put it on default - then to 200 km/h - last at 4640 and after that adjust the gears)

I really appreciate this and would not mind donating some money to you for taking your time to do this. You don't need to share these and you could leave us all behind while you speed ahead, but you choose to help us out. Even if these are a little different/slower than what you use, they're definitely much faster and allow me to keep up/race with those up here in A/S DR. Much appreciated and I hope you keep 'em coming!

No i do not want money and there are no difference to the setup i drive or to the time i drove.

Might sound silly but did you apply this tune to the GT-R Grp3 and not Grp4? I only ask as I did the same by mistake and had that very same issue until I realised it was the wrong car lol.

No i adjust and drive only in daily online races and no its the gr.4 gtr.

I can only hit a 1:43.4xx at DPY with your tune. It feels like it understeers quite noticeably in the last section, expecially in the left hairpin, and the 90 degree left turn right before the end. Still solid overall, and very stable 👍

Yep sometimes its a bit oversteering, but its also depending on your wheel (i think ive read something that some wheels have a oversteer issue)
But the setup is not perfect..not at all - it should only help to be faster for everyone

If I remember correctly you go to Discover>Replays and use his name as a search tag. It will show you his replays and you can also follow his profile for future use then.

Yep: Go on your Mainscreen on the left side to Discover -> then left go down to replays -> then up to the right to search -> put in the first tag minkihl -> all my replays should appear ( u can also follow me and u will see all new replays.)

Greets from Austria :)

Yep: Go on your Mainscreen on the left side to Discover -> then left go down to replays -> then up to the right to search -> put in the first tag minkihl -> all my replays should appear ( u can also follow me and u will see all new replays.)

You can also get there from viewing the top 10 stars on the qualifying leaderboard, and seeing as MINKIHL is generally there it’s a quick way to do it, just select view profile and go to the online replays

Top Speed 200km/h
1. 1518 / 127
2. 1290 / 149
3. 1128 / 171
4. 1010 / 191
5. 0914 / 211
6. 0832 / 239
(Important: First put it on default - then to 200 km/h - last at 4640 and after that adjust the gears)

This was helpful. Haven't been able to get your exact ratios, but I think close enough. Must still be doing something wrong, but this is extremely educational--thank you.

Edit: specifically, I can not match your 3, 4, or 5 gears.

Last edited:
This was helpful. Haven't been able to get your exact ratios, but I think close enough. Must still be doing something wrong, but this is extremely educational--thank you.

Edit: specifically, I can not match your 3, 4, or 5 gears.

have u reset the gear?

have u reset the gear?

Here's what I do.

1. Reset to Default
  2. Switch from "Standard" to "Fully Customizable Transmission"
  3. I switch "Top Speed (Auto Set)" to 124 mph
  4. I switch "Final Gear" from 3.700 to 4.640
  5. This shows a first gear of 1.903, 6th gear of 1.183
  6. Because of that, I go back to Top Speed, select that again (keeping 124) and that gets me much closer (defaults are 1.517/1.340/1.208/1.101/1.013/.943)
  7. I then adjust those as close as possible, with 3rd gear going to 1.165, 4th gear going to 1.065, and 5th gear to .985.
Is there a step I missed? Thank you again, this is very, very instructive.

No I set it to the GR.4 car, I'll take a picture later tonight, but basically when I had the top speed set to 200 km/h and final gear set to 4.640 I couldn't get my gear ratios to be what he wanted.
Not only that, but I was topping out at 200 km/h plenty of times on track whereas when I watched his replay he was easily going over 200 km/h.

I've since used his setup, but manually changed the top speed to 230 km/h and it's given me "ok" results, I'm driving at low 1.44.xx right now and there is definitely room to improve around turn 1, and then again at turn 5 (both long sweeping corners I don't know if I'm getting them nicely).

Top Speed 200km/h
1. 1518 / 127
2. 1290 / 149
3. 1128 / 171
4. 1010 / 191
5. 0914 / 211
6. 0832 / 239

No i do not want money and there are no difference to the setup i drive or to the time i drove.

No i adjust and drive only in daily online races and no its the gr.4 gtr.

Yep sometimes its a bit oversteering, but its also depending on your wheel (i think ive read something that some wheels have a oversteer issue)
But the setup is not perfect..not at all - it should only help to be faster for everyone

Thanks for the reply, maybe this is some kind of bug. I set the top speed to 200, then final gear, and i cant get the first gear to the value you have, but if i reselect the top speed the values on the first gear change and i can match yours, but only for the 1st and 2nd gear. The ones after that i cant match the values you have.

This is really strange.

Back