• Gr.3

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • Gr.4

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • other?

Votes: 29 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Adrenaline I actually really like having all the setups together in one thread which I can check every week

I've found the most effective way is an Original Post like he has, that lists them all (in order of choice) but instead of having a spoiler for each tune, a link to the specific post, within his own thread. That way, as you stated, you check here once a week, and you can just click on the tune of choice. As of now, there's 7 tunes, so it's fairly simple to navigate. Once his tune count gets to a certain point, it can sometimes get a bit messy. Also, if you plan to check this thread once a week, it will be hard to discern what he's added in that week. When there's 50 tunes, and 8 were added this week, but all you see is 'Latest Update GT-R' you're potentially going to miss 7 tunes, because you can't remember which 43 were already there last week when you checked.

Also, each post has an updated time stamp on it, so it automatically lets you know when it was 'Last Edited: xx.xx.xx'. When all are in a single post, it's impossible to know which tunes he has or hasn't updated, unless he goes out of his way to specifically log every single one, and keep it there permanently, which again adds unnecessary clutter.

Mink is free to do as he wishes, I was just offering some insight, as I've gone through this with multiple tuners in the GT5 days, and when I had www.AdrenaTune.com updated with over 5,000 (yes, FIVE thousand) tunes. At some point, he might decide to try and separate the tunes into posts, or categorize them as the game grows, etc etc, and then all of the links will be dead ends.

If a friend asks me for a good Gr.3 Corvette tune, and I want to recommend MINKIHL's, I want to be able to directly send them to it's location. Not say 'go to this thread, check the first post, and then search through all of the spoilers, and it should be in there somewhere, oh and they're listed by track, not by car, sooo... I don't know, look hard I guess'. I promise I didn't suggest it on a whim, I was simply asking out of experience.

If not, it's okay, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I apologize if it came off that way. Best of luck with your garage.

I've found the most effective way is an Original Post like he has, that lists them all (in order of choice) but instead of having a spoiler for each tune, a link to the specific post, within his own thread. That way, as you stated, you check here once a week, and you can just click on the tune of choice. As of now, there's 7 tunes, so it's fairly simple to navigate. Once his tune count gets to a certain point, it can sometimes get a bit messy. Also, if you plan to check this thread once a week, it will be hard to discern what he's added in that week. When there's 50 tunes, and 8 were added this week, but all you see is 'Latest Update GT-R' you're potentially going to miss 7 tunes, because you can't remember which 43 were already there last week when you checked.

Also, each post has an updated time stamp on it, so it automatically lets you know when it was 'Last Edited: xx.xx.xx'. When all are in a single post, it's impossible to know which tunes he has or hasn't updated, unless he goes out of his way to specifically log every single one, and keep it there permanently, which again adds unnecessary clutter.

Mink is free to do as he wishes, I was just offering some insight, as I've gone through this with multiple tuners in the GT5 days, and when I had www.AdrenaTune.com updated with over 5,000 (yes, FIVE thousand) tunes. At some point, he might decide to try and separate the tunes into posts, or categorize them as the game grows, etc etc, and then all of the links will be dead ends.

If a friend asks me for a good Gr.3 Corvette tune, and I want to recommend MINKIHL's, I want to be able to directly send them to it's location. Not say 'go to this thread, check the first post, and then search through all of the spoilers, and it should be in there somewhere, oh and they're listed by track, not by car, sooo... I don't know, look hard I guess'. I promise I didn't suggest it on a whim, I was simply asking out of experience.

If not, it's okay, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I apologize if it came off that way. Best of luck with your garage.

first of all u its nice idea to put all setups on your homepage :)
second i will try to update the 1 post as good as its possible... i want to write with the peaople aswell if they wanna know something and i wanna help out. So i try my best to keep the 1 post clear and try to show all updates :)

Amaru,
I am trying your settings and the exact same steps but I can't match gears.... I've tried so many times step by step...

My gears before moving back to 4640 are

1st 79
2nd 93
3rd 103 (can't make any higher for rest)
4th 112
5th 122
6th 149

Cant figure out what I am doing wrong

To get his GTR GR.4 gearbox values for KDP Yamagiwa:

1.reset gearbox to default
2.change final gear to 5.000
3.set maxspeed 200km/h (124mph)
4. Set each individual gear ratio
5. Set final gear from 5.000 to 4.640

Gear speeds if done correctly
1st gear 79mph/127kph
2nd gear 93mph/149kph
3rd gear 106mph/171kph
4th gear 119mph/191kph
5th gear 131mph/211kph
6th gear 149mph/239kph

You're welcome.

Amaru,
I am trying your settings and the exact same steps but I can't match gears.... I've tried so many times step by step...

1st 79
2nd 93
4th 112
5th 122
6th 149

@Ruffychu

First of all let me introduce myself, my Name is Dominik Allram, Iam 28 years old and Iam living in Austria (Vienna).

I drive Simracing since the end of 2004, I started with GT FIA Racing game, better known as GTR / GTR2.
After that i drove Endurance Championships in Rfactor and last i was competing in Iracing.

My Input Hardware started with a Logitech G25 and end in a Clubsport equip from Fanatec. (On PS4 i drive with G29 right now!)

Now i want also to compete in GT Sports and i will try to let u guys know my setups, to help out the best i can!
...because we are a Racing community and we should help each other.

PSN: MINKIHL

All Times are driven in Daily Races with BoP

- G29 without any Mods
- Steering Sensitivity: 1
- FFB Max Force: 4
- FFB Sensivity: 9 -10

Assistants:
- Countersteering (Somehow makes u faster): Strong
- ABS: Default
- Rest: off

TC: depends on Car

Setups:

Dragon Trail - Coast

1.46,457 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

CAR: GT-R Gr.4

Setup:
Brake: 5

Ride hight: 65mm/2,56in F - 109mm/4,29in R (changed it from 60 to 65, i was feeling that i touch the street first corner)
Frequency (hz): 2.40 F - 2.50 R
ARB: 7 F - 5 R
Compression: 53 F - 55 R
Rebound: 85 F - 81 R
Camber: 2.2 F - 2.8 R (here Credits to dorian101 - feels better with your changes - thx)
Toe: in 0.04 F - in 0.12 R

Downforce: 250 F - 450 R

LSD: (higher values for controlled but good accelerating)
front rear
5 5
40 35
5 5

Gears ratio:
Top Speed 270km/h

Final Gear 4127

Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa

1.41,800 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

CAR: GT-R

Setup:
Traction: 0

Ride height: 80mm/3,15in F - 109mm/4,29in R
Frequency (hz): 2.40 F - 2.58 R
ARB: 6 F - 6R
Compression: 53 F - 55 R
Rebound: 85 F - 81 R
Camber: 3.0 F - 1.8R
Toe: in 0.07 F - in 0.12 R

Downforce: 250 F - 450 R

LSD:
front
5 5
40 36
5 5

Top Speed: 200km/h
Final Gear: 4640
(First gear 1,518 / 127 and 6th 0,832 / 239)
1.42,517 (forgot to save replay)

CAR: Scirocco

Setup:
Traction: 0

Ride height: 74mm/2,90in F - 120mm/4,72in R
Frequency (hz): 2.40 F - 2.50 R
ARB: 5 F - 5 R
Compression: 55 F - 55 R
Rebound: 85 F - 85 R
Camber: 3.0 F - 3.0 R
Toe: in 0.30 F - in 0.30 R

Downforce: 210 F - 450 R

LSD:
front

Gears ratio:
Top Speed: 270km/h
Final Gear 3859

Nürburg Ring GP
1.57,379 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

CAR: Gr.3 Porsche 911 RSR (991)

Setup:
Brake: 2
Traction: 2

Ride height: 62mm/2,44in F - 85mm/3,34in R
Frequency (hz): 2.66 F - 2.73 R
ARB: 3 F - 7 R
Compression: 54 F - 52 R
Rebound: 87 F - 87 R
Camber: 3.0 F - 2.3 R
Toe: out 0.25 F - in 0.30 R

Downforce: 400 F - 790 R

LSD:
rear

Gears ratio:
Top Speed: 240km/h
Final Gear 3,736
1. Gear: 2186 / 139 and 6. gear 1,214 /265
1.55,626 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

/Update: A bit more Grip at corner exit to take more speed to straights

CAR: Gr.3 Nissmo GT-R

Setup:

Ride height: 56mm/2,19in F - 88mm/3,46in R
Frequency (hz): 3,50 F - 3,55 R
ARB: 6 F - 6 R
Compression: 56 F - 57 R
Rebound: 82 F - 86 R
Camber: 2,5 F - 2.1 R
Toe: out 0.25 F - in 0.22 R

Downforce: 400 F - 800 R

LSD:
rear

Gears ratio:
Top Speed: 240km/h
Final Gear 3,100
1. Gear: 2412 / 121 and 6. gear 1,166 /259
1.56,515 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

CAR: Gr.3 Corvette C7

Setup:
Brake: 3

Ride height: 58mm/2,28in F - 101mm/3,97in R
Frequency (hz): 3,25 F - 3,17 R
ARB: 6 F - 7 R
Compression: 56 F - 55 R
Rebound: 86 F - 87 R
Camber: 2,9 F - 2.2 R
Toe: out 0.31 F - in 0.50 R

Downforce: 400 F - 795 R

LSD:
rear

Gears ratio:
Top Speed: 260km/h
Final Gear 3,649
1. Gear: 1,986 / 125 and 6. gear 0,976 /263
1.56,463 (Replay can be found ingame under Minkihl)

CAR: Gr.3 Mercedes-AMG GT

Setup:

Ride height: 70mm/2,75in F - 105mm/4,13in R
Frequency (hz): 2,88 F - 2,97 R
ARB: 7 F - 9 R
Compression: 51 F - 60 R
Rebound: 83 F - 88 R
Camber: 2,6 F - 1,7 R
Toe: out 0.13 F - in 0.20 R

Downforce: 400 F - 800 R

LSD:
rear

Gears ratio:
Top Speed: 260km/h
Final Gear 3,170
1. Gear: 2,549 / 120 and 6. gear 1,182 /267

Last Setup Update: 28.10.2017 (Updated the Gr.3 GTR Setup)

IMPORTANT: Looks like there is a transmission Bug right now in the Gr.3 and Gr.4 Races if u are not driving the Warm Up. It resets the Transmission before the race!👎

You’re a good bloke Dominik. I was struggling with Q times on Kyoto driving park. I followed your setup and am getting a lot better. Not as fast as yours and without a wheel. Keep up the great work.

hey there, any chance of getting tunes for the M4 Gr4 and M6 Gr3? I just love the looks and sound of the beasty M6 but don't seem to get it to work very well on the nurb GP track... understeering while entering corners, oversteering exiting... It's a little better on Suzuka but still.

Dominik, this is a great thread and really appreciate you posting your setups. However, in an effort to improve at the game, I would really like to start to understand how to actually do setups myself.

I wondered if you would consider writing some kind of guide (or making a video) on the order that you do things in to make a setup, what you look for when testing settings, how long you spend on each thing and how you judge what's good and what's bad etc... That kind of thing.

Would make a very interesting read to know some of your methodology in going about making a new setup so we could begin to tune cars ourselves and have some idea of what we're actually doing. As it is right now, it feels a lot like random fiddling and can be difficult to discern differences between, for example, a little tweak on the dampers or downforce.

Thanks a lot for your beautiful works in your site adrenaTune.com :cheers::bowdown::cheers:

Amaru,

1st 79
2nd 93
4th 112
5th 122
6th 149

Think you need to do the final gear first then change the speed to 124mph hope that helps

/bump

On another note, I've tried the set up with the Gr. 3 GTR. It handles really well, though so far i've only managed a 1.59 in terms of lap time around the Nurb GP with it...need to work on braking I think...Any chance you could look at the M6 GT3 for a tune?

I added gr3 BMW M6

Would make a very interesting read to know some of your methodology in going about making a new setup so we could begin to tune cars ourselves and have some idea of what we're actually doing. As it is right now, it feels a lot like random fiddling and can be difficult to discern differences between, for example, a little tweak on the dampers or downforce.

Afterall I make it myself sometimes a little bit easy, First i put front and back to max downforce for a course like nürburg after that if took a new car i go on track, drive around 5-10 laps and i write down how the car reacts to every corner (over or understeering), without pushing. After that i make some changes, depending of how the car reacts, sometimes LSD changes helping alot. I change the car till i find a good balance between stable and fast.
At the end i put more grip to front for faster laptimes ( more Toe, or more camber). U can also manage the balance very good with the anti roll bar and also with the right high... At the end u need a bit feeling for the car... then go on track..push..and change the last things for more grip where it needs it.

(sry for my bad english :/ i try my best mates to explain :) )

Last edited:
Just got a win using you GT-R setup at the Nurb GP, car handles great and is not even too hard on the tires...it was my first win too!!. Keep up the great work!

Think you need to do the final gear first then change the speed to 124mph hope that helps

For all who have Problems with my transmission settings...

I was thinking about it and may have the problem solved:

I always reset my trans settings, after that i put the max speed, for example to 260km/h.
After that i go to track and check my first and 6. gear...then i adjust it after i set max speed and max gear..so maybe thats the problem

Just got a win using you GT-R setup at the Nurb GP, car handles great and is not even too hard on the tires...it was my first win too!!. Keep up the great work!

if iam on second place during the race i try to be good to my tires and cornering very smooth, in the draft u can manage easy to stick to ur infront.
Last 2 laps i can drive almost 1 second faster then the car infront and can make pressure... so its a good strategie to race in nürburg

Just tried your M6 GT3 set up, I just got a 1.5 second faster lap time than what I had with the GT-R. Awesome work!!! I can't wait to try it in a race.

By they way, do you use countersteering in setting your fast laps?

Just tried your M6 GT3 set up, I just got a 1.5 second faster lap time than what I had with the GT-R. Awesome work!!! I can't wait to try it in a race.

By they way, do you use countersteering in setting your fast laps?

yes

Back