MINKIHL Setups - new: Gr.X Jaguar XJ19 Circuit Setup

Discussion in 'GTS Tuning' started by MINKIHL, Oct 25, 2017.

?

Gr.3 or Gr.4 Setups in the Future

Poll closed Jan 24, 2018.
  1. Gr.3

49 vote(s)
    42.2%
  2. Gr.4

38 vote(s)
    32.8%
  3. other?

29 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. bello2185

bello2185

Yesterday I got to A after running the Gr. 4 daily a couple of times. I put down a good qualifying and started in top 5 with that most of the time, so I could race cleanly with those at the top of the pack.

Today I did the new Mazda sedan daily and the Gr. 4 daily and after that I got my S. I think the current Gr. 4 race helped the most with this. I started on P1 and kept that position for the entire race. Also put down the fastest lap times and got a Clean Race bonus.

Farack likes this.
  2. Farack

Farack

Oh has that been changed? Last time I check it was only DR that had a progress bar

3. bello2185

bello2185

To my knowledge, it's still only shows DR.

4. vonMarshall

vonMarshall

Just wanted to say many thanks for sharing these set ups.

I have been driving Kyoto this evening and did 20 laps with the car as it comes and then 20 with your tune. Not only was I quite a bit faster but also the car was a joy to drive. Fantastic work.

MINKIHL likes this.
  5. MINKIHL

MINKIHL

nice to hear that u guys get faster with these setups.

6. nib95

nib95

Minkihl, have you tuned the Cayman Gt4 at all? Based on the lap time tables for the final driving school test, it seems like it should be able to compete with the GT-R Gr4 fairly comfortably. I wonder why it wasn't used more in the Dragon Trail daily?

7. MINKIHL

MINKIHL

i drove the cayman at suzuka 2 daily events before, but dunno i think it depends on the track

8. BBQ_of_DOOM

BBQ_of_DOOM

@MINKIHL do you mind posting the gearing for the GTR @ Kyoto? Also, 200 kmh = 124 mph, correct? Thank you so much for these!

9. LifeTaken

LifeTaken

I really appreciate this and would not mind donating some money to you for taking your time to do this. You don't need to share these and you could leave us all behind while you speed ahead, but you choose to help us out. Even if these are a little different/slower than what you use, they're definitely much faster and allow me to keep up/race with those up here in A/S DR. Much appreciated and I hope you keep 'em coming!

10. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

I tuned my GT-R to your setup, but for some reason the gears won't let me get to what you specify them as.
    Then when I drive the setup, my car is literally maxing out at 200.

What did I do wrong?

11. Danboss87

Danboss87

How to you do the hearing because it won’t let me go down as far as 1500 on first gear ?

12. Phrazer

Phrazer

On your Kyoto Driving Park with the GT-R, how do you setup the gearbox?

I might be doing something wrong. First i setup the top speed to 200kmh, then i change the final gear, but when i go to change the first gear the lowest value i have is 1.813.

But in your setup you have 1.518.

Am i doing it in the wrong order or something?

13. Danboss87

Danboss87

14. HunterJ90

HunterJ90

2.5 sec off my lap time and still getting it. Those flat turns are a bitch though. Sec d to last one and a few turns ahead of that are the slowest place for me.

15. Danboss87

Danboss87

What times you getting ?

16. HunterJ90

HunterJ90

1:45.86 with you GTR tune @ DPY

17. HunterJ90

HunterJ90

Just hit 1:45.86 at DPY with the GTR

It is good for sliding around those 45s

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  18. thesynergy87

thesynergy87

I can't get your gearing ratios for some reason. 200km/h is same as 124 mph or all the way left on the slider for top speed, but first gear ratio, lowest can go is 1.813 / 83 mph. I tried setting final gear firat, but still no go.

19. TCG

TCG

Had a similar issue, I just adjusted the max speed from 200 to 210 to allow for the extra “slider room” to adjust those gears.

20. insayne05

insayne05

Might sound silly but did you apply this tune to the GT-R Grp3 and not Grp4? I only ask as I did the same by mistake and had that very same issue until I realised it was the wrong car lol.

21. thesynergy87

thesynergy87

How do I watch your replay? Following you on pan bit hasn't showed up in friends area. Also, got your GT-R setup ratios and all. Just put down a qualifying time on Kyoto of 1:44:937, which in D (hair away from C), is pole position every time, even with some C in the race lol. I have more time I know I can get, which is why I want to see your vid with your setup to see your cornering and shift points. Since gears 1 and 6 are longest, I have been hoing between them mainly.

22. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

I can only hit a 1:43.4xx at DPY with your tune. It feels like it understeers quite noticeably in the last section, expecially in the left hairpin, and the 90 degree left turn right before the end. Still solid overall, and very stable :tup:

23. bello2185

bello2185

If I remember correctly you go to Discover>Replays and use his name as a search tag. It will show you his replays and you can also follow his profile for future use then.

24. MINKIHL

MINKIHL

Top Speed 200km/h
    1. 1518 / 127
    2. 1290 / 149
    3. 1128 / 171
    4. 1010 / 191
    5. 0914 / 211
    6. 0832 / 239
    Highest Gear: 4640
    (Important: First put it on default - then to 200 km/h - last at 4640 and after that adjust the gears)

No i do not want money and there are no difference to the setup i drive or to the time i drove.

No i adjust and drive only in daily online races and no its the gr.4 gtr.

Yep sometimes its a bit oversteering, but its also depending on your wheel (i think ive read something that some wheels have a oversteer issue)
    But the setup is not perfect..not at all - it should only help to be faster for everyone

Yep: Go on your Mainscreen on the left side to Discover -> then left go down to replays -> then up to the right to search -> put in the first tag minkihl -> all my replays should appear ( u can also follow me and u will see all new replays.)

Greets from Austria :)

25. Farack

Farack

You can also get there from viewing the top 10 stars on the qualifying leaderboard, and seeing as MINKIHL is generally there it’s a quick way to do it, just select view profile and go to the online replays

bello2185 likes this.
  26. BBQ_of_DOOM

BBQ_of_DOOM

This was helpful. Haven't been able to get your exact ratios, but I think close enough. Must still be doing something wrong, but this is extremely educational--thank you.

Edit: specifically, I can not match your 3, 4, or 5 gears.

27. MINKIHL

MINKIHL

have u reset the gear?

28. BBQ_of_DOOM

BBQ_of_DOOM

Here's what I do.

1. Reset to Default
    2. Switch from "Standard" to "Fully Customizable Transmission"
    3. I switch "Top Speed (Auto Set)" to 124 mph
    4. I switch "Final Gear" from 3.700 to 4.640
    5. This shows a first gear of 1.903, 6th gear of 1.183
    6. Because of that, I go back to Top Speed, select that again (keeping 124) and that gets me much closer (defaults are 1.517/1.340/1.208/1.101/1.013/.943)
    7. I then adjust those as close as possible, with 3rd gear going to 1.165, 4th gear going to 1.065, and 5th gear to .985.
    Is there a step I missed? Thank you again, this is very, very instructive.

29. Sean Renon

Sean Renon

No I set it to the GR.4 car, I'll take a picture later tonight, but basically when I had the top speed set to 200 km/h and final gear set to 4.640 I couldn't get my gear ratios to be what he wanted.
    Not only that, but I was topping out at 200 km/h plenty of times on track whereas when I watched his replay he was easily going over 200 km/h.

I've since used his setup, but manually changed the top speed to 230 km/h and it's given me "ok" results, I'm driving at low 1.44.xx right now and there is definitely room to improve around turn 1, and then again at turn 5 (both long sweeping corners I don't know if I'm getting them nicely).

30. Phrazer

Phrazer

Thanks for the reply, maybe this is some kind of bug. I set the top speed to 200, then final gear, and i cant get the first gear to the value you have, but if i reselect the top speed the values on the first gear change and i can match yours, but only for the 1st and 2nd gear. The ones after that i cant match the values you have.

This is really strange.