Minolta 88C and Suzuka Circuit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biggs
  • 31 comments
  • 3,902 views
Pink_the_Floyd
@Duke: About ASM, your not completely correct. It's maybe correct for the most of the drivers but I always turn on ASM, if I turn it off, oversteer and understeer is killing me.
I haven't driven too many of the really high-strung race cars in GT4, but in some of the other cars I've forgotten to turn it off, and had the ASM literally fling me off the outside of the track because I lifted throttle mid-corner to tuck the nose in. The ASM sensed oversteer (which I wanted) and added throttle to prevent the rotation, thus making me overspeed the corner tremendously and walk right off into the kitty litter.
 
Pink_the_Floyd
...I always turn on ASM, if I turn it off, oversteer and understeer is killing me.

As said above, this is a tuning issue. ASM should only be used as a very last resort, to tame an undriveable car that you really want to use for some reason.

Test it. Pick one of your best cars and take it out on your favorite track with no ASM. Note your lap times.

Now max out the ASM. Turn both settings all the way up to 20, and try it. How many seconds per lap slower are you? With maxed ASM you just crawl around, and it works incrementally: Full ASM slows you way down, a little ASM slows you a little bit.
 
Back