Mission 26 - Suzuka Honda JGTC NSX

• Thread starter Swift
  • 86 comments
I think Polyphony rigged this mission so that "casual" drivers would catch each car in a very unfortunate location.
I haven't tried this mission yet, but that strikes me as very much like the Renault Megaine at Le Sarthe. I passed that one on about my 2nd attempt, maybe 3rd. Then after I read here that people were having trouble with it, and I realized that if you were a little dirty in the first part, you'd be coming up on the other cars just at the chicanes, and having to deal with them there instead of simply slingshotting them on the previous straights.

I knew I was on a good one when I overtook the S2000 before the Spoon curve. I didn't want to waste this storming run so I cut the last chicane and won it comfortably. May go back & do it cleanly one day?

Kill. The. 90. Second. Timer.

I'm always wiping out on the first set of chicanes for some reason, i just can't find a good line...

I like this Mission although I had a difficult time Golding the similar License test. Sadly, I have a bad habit of not using the proper line at the back of the course where the sand is, due to fear of going off-course:nervous: . That section is such a critical section of the course to make good time. Even so, there are also couple of cheat spots so it's an easy race to beat. No grasscutting allowed on the license test:grumpy: . One thing I don't like about this Mission is waiting for the race to start.

Don't do a lot of heavy braking or a lot of unecessary shifting. Keep the speed up in sweepers and let the car drift a bit. Yes, the casual racer will have opponent cars blocking the way in critical spots to prevent any chance of winning.

If you don't cheat I think this is one of the tougher Missions in GT4. Watch the sample video for decent drive lines (ignoring the back section of the course) and shift points. No cheating is done in the video (NTSC, DS2, MT):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcsK05pZts

This has to be one of the easiest missions in the game. I love trying it over and over, but I think it's because I've mastered the Suzuka circuit, I just love it, it's my favorite track after the Green Hell.

I just re-did it and I won by 1.780 secs.

Ciao!

This has to be one of the easiest missions in the game. I love trying it over and over, but I think it's because I've mastered the Suzuka circuit, I just love it, it's my favorite track after the Green Hell.

I just re-did it and I won by 1.780 secs.

Ciao!

If you didn't use the final grasscut section, I'd love to see that video. I figure that you'd run into the fourth place car (Celica?) where most people catch the Honda 2000. Of course, after that I guess it would be almost clear sailing. I'd never seen that kind of lead. I'm tempted to try practicing it, though probably for naught. BTW, what track is the Green Hell?

If you didn't use the final grasscut section, I'd love to see that video. I figure that you'd run into the fourth place car (Celica?) where most people catch the Honda 2000. Of course, after that I guess it would be almost clear sailing. I'd never seen that kind of lead. I'm tempted to try practicing it, though probably for naught. BTW, what track is the Green Hell?

Done deal! I just don't wanna buy a Max Card, is there anyother way of uploading the vids? I might try with a video cam...how did you do it SirBerra?

BTW, it's really easy, I don't like cutting the last section. But I might have to run it again because I didn't save it. I just re-ran it for fun. But I can give you a better time than that one ;)

Ciao!

Done deal! I just don't wanna buy a Max Card, is there anyother way of uploading the vids? I might try with a video cam...how did you do it SirBerra?

BTW, it's really easy, I don't like cutting the last section. But I might have to run it again because I didn't save it. I just re-ran it for fun. But I can give you a better time than that one ;)

Ciao!
Hey, Oz
I don't have a MaxCard either. I have a video capture device called a Plextor ConvertX DVR for recording anything played on my TV (or other output sources). It just takes a three wire component feed (video and l/r audio) or S-Video from the TV.
http://www.plextor.com/english/products/TV402UMac.htm
The device is attached to my computer through a USB port where I can store and edit the videos. I usually use it to record TV shows, but it's handy for this stuff too. It's a common way of getting TV shows or movies for an iPod or PSP.

You'd most likely have to use a camcorder and then somehow get it into your computer and then upload it. It's not all that easy to do if you're unfamiliar with this stuff. I just hoped that maybe you had a video made for some reason. It was more or less of a rhetorical question. Rather unlikely and silly of me to ask, of course, since most people don't record GT4 runs for posterity's sake :lol:.

I do believe you when you say you can go that fast on Suzuka. I just like to see where you make the time that I can't. I've seen videos from Mission 34 that I can hardly believe even after watching them, so I just like to see how it's done without cheats. Just because I can't do it, it sure doesn't mean it can't be done. Still it's fun to watch and could possibly help me improve on that course.

I should have mastered Suzuka since I used the Audi R8 to beat the F1 cars for 200 points, but I cheated with grasscutting. And then, I only drove conservatively so I wouldn't mess up. I never sat down and actually practiced low time runs at Suzuka. I don't really feel comfortable at that track at all. I didn't practice for my video, but I don't know if I could cut 1.5 seconds off my run anyway. If I ran that left-hand sweeper near the top of the course faster, I would have done better, but that stupid car was in my line and I didn't want to screw up and have to run it again :lol:.

I just ran the Superbird at Seattle Mission, so I'm gonna upload that one next. That was fun. Yes, I know....I'm sure there are places I could have made better time:ouch: :lol:.

Pedal to the metal.

SB

Yeah I know, I'll try to get a digital cam recorder so I can upload it here via You Tube.

Anyway, I saw your Suzuka replay, and I noticed two things:

1. You didn't draft the (3rd place car?) on the straight before the last chicanes.
  2. You broke too hard on the double hairpin before the straight mentioned above. (The one that is more wide than what it seems and then ends up in a second hairpin). Just before you enter the first one, you have to slow down to like about 80MPH and then cruise, start accelerating and then downshift to second gear to cruise on the second hairpin.

I'll post a video if not tomorrow, then the upcoming weekend 'cause I have a lot of stuff to do for school. And you'll see.

Also, try to draft any car that you can, even the first S2000 if you can. :)

Ciao!

after waiting 1.30 everytime i restarted i decided to move onto other tests and come back to this one. i finished all the other one lap magics (cept the ring) and beat this one on my first time back. it was such an unclean lap that im suprised i won. i did use the lil cheat through the tight corners at the end but i dont really care, if PD left it open im gonna use it lol

now i shall attempt the ring once and see how i do buahaha

i just recently beat this one i did pretty much all of the one lap magic ones a few months ago then on friday i came back and tried this one again with the ambition to get the toyota 7 i tried it twice first time i was off by 0.023:ouch: secound time i tried a new line and was a little braver with my cornering and i beat it it just takes abit of practise and some time to learn the track and the charecteristics of the car and bam youv got it:sly: lol some times you just have to walk away and cooldown before start screaming:dunce:

I absolutely hate this car.... It is so hard to control. I have beaten almost every other mission except the last one and this one is driving me crazy. It's so hard to get into a rhythm with the 90 sec start delay. IMO this terrible video game design. But, I will keep trying.

The key is throttle control... actually, the key to Suzuka is throttle control... try to time the S's so you don't have to brake much and just sort of glide through them... then take special attention at the Spoon Curve, taking into account that it's more complex than only one curve (I think it's two, by that's just me). And then go almost full throttle at 130R... brake early for the final chicane and you can win by less than 0.500.

FINALLY!! :crazy: this mission has been the bane of my life, over and over again missing a win by like .020 of a second or something ridiculous. Anyway, done it now, and I wasn't doing anything different, so just mission 34 to do, and I'm at 100%. Not bad seeing as I haven't touched this game in ages as I've been playing GT5p and GTA all the time...

Just beat it today... by .025 seconds. It was only my 2nd attempt of the day and around my 7th overall. (Yes, I'm glad it's over.)

i beat it after about 20 go's

Purely because that first corner produces so much snap oversteer if you throw it in like you think you can. Every time after that i was approaching very gingerly.

Purely because that first corner produces so much snap oversteer if you throw it in like you think you can. Every time after that i was approaching very gingerly.

as does the entrance to the long left-hander after the Esses (Dunlop?) if you're hard on the gas - if you go 3/4 power into it then accelerate, it's ok

elevation change indeed, there's a slight dip on the entrance which unsettles the car if you go full chat - the rear just goes light for a split second. Great car though, it's becoming a favourite! 👍

If some of you think doing this mission with a DS2 is hard, try doing it with one of those all digital PSone controllers.

I wouldn't recommend that, since the PS2 controllers didn't have levels of throttle/braking, it was more of an on/off setting; and Suzuka is all about throttle control... in fact, all through the S's you barely have to use the brake if you can control your throttle well, as is after the hairpin and before the chicane at the end.

Zic198
this missions is quite hard as i only the lead at about 8 seconds. any tips so that i improve my time

Your best bet is probably someting you've heard a lot before: Learn the track. Suzuka is quite a challenge, and driving it with a JGTC car is completely different to a normal car or even a LMP one. The best advice I'd give you is use the track, don't cut corners or go over the rumble strips... just use the whole track.

this missions is quite hard as i only the lead at about 8 seconds. any tips so that i improve my time

Yeah, it's just a matter of getting it all down pat. There are no tricks, really...just learn those corners, even if you have to do 100 laps at Suzuka. Taking them as fast as possible (but not too fast) and getting by the Ai is the key.

Man, I just can't get these later missions down, including this one. I am using the DFP wheel, and am about to throw it out the window. To make it even more frustrating is the wait for 90 freakin' seconds each and every time you have to retry it. :crazy:

Man, I just can't get these later missions down, including this one. I am using the DFP wheel, and am about to throw it out the window. To make it even more frustrating is the wait for 90 freakin' seconds each and every time you have to retry it. :crazy:

Look at it this way: we've all been there, and there are plenty of sucess stories, which means it is ultimately possible.

that credo has helped me thru many license tests and mission....others have done it, so can i. It helps to have a thorough knowledge of the track, as we said before. Don't attempt the missions unless you've already had plenty of GT experience, otherwise you'll jsut get frustrated.

Sorry to give such lame advice, but for me to be more specific, i'd have to write an entire walkthrough. And i got too many other things to write at the moment.

Back