Mission 29 - Infineon Corvette Chevrolet

• Thread starter Swift
  • 37 comments
Well, here's how I ran it, going from memory:

Wide open from start, upshift at redline after kink in front straight, but before first overpass. Lift at turn-in just before overpass, then short burst of throttle. Hold to the left side of the track as you pitch uphill - don't track out to the right. Brake early and heavily, downshifting (possibly twice) for the first hard right.

Off the brakes at turn-in, and turn in early for the first crowning right. Easy throttle, rolling into full throttle as the suspension reloads. Upshift once, or hold gear if you can, until you lift for the short bottoming left. No need to brake here; the transition will load the front enough for grip. Little blip of throttle, followed by a touch of brakes for the crowning right. Turn in early for this BUT you do not want to touch the curb at the inside top of the hill.

Light throttle as the car crests, rolling into full throttle as the suspension reloads. When done correctly, the car will track out to the left curb, but just edge it. Wide open and upshift on the downhill chute.

Brake early and downshift for the increasing-radius right at the end of the chute. Aim to lightly run over the curb at a late apex, and throttle on as much as possible to track out just at the left edge near the end of the outside curb. Wide open and upshift, working back towards center of track as the right sweeper continues.

Brake firmly but moderately just before the crest, and begin turning in for the downhill left sweeper. This turn makes or breaks big time. The trick is to turn in late enough that you get a good late apex right around the bridge piers at the left side of the course, BUT if you turn in too late, the track surface goes off camber and you'll wash out badly. As soon as the car seems committed to a good line, hammer down. Modulate throttle so that you track out at the extreme right edge near the beginning of the back straight. Wide open and upshift as you work your way back to the left.

Brake a little early for the double-apex right at the end of the drag strip - somewhere around the second marker, I think. You don't want to hit the first apex too tight - describe a nice, round line that connects the left side of the drag strip at the end of the straight with the inside edge of the curbing at the second righthand apex. Upshift and accelerate steadily through the wiggles.

At the last wiggle, you should be in 4th gear. Lift or tap the brakes in order to get a nice tight line on the last left - DON'T overcommit to the first turn here. Slower but composed is the way to be in this combination. Stay left and lift for turn-in for the cresting right-hander by the walls. Aim for a nice tight late apex and roll into the throttle as the car crests, letting the car walk to the left side of the track on the downslope. The AI is pants here and you can make up good time.

Hard on the throttle through the big left sweeper, but don't track out after the apex - stay left until the brakepoint for the flat right kink. Timing is critical on this turn and I admit it's my weakest point on the track. Tap the brakes early and aim to lightly rub the inside curb, but don't nail the curb or the throttle or you'll eat dust at the trackout. Try to stay on the track at the exit, but if you go 2 wheels off, keep your foot in it and ease back on. Wide open and upshift in th chute to the hairpin.

Stay left and brake very hard for the hairpin, dropping to 2nd and getting all the slowing done before you turn in. Meet the end of the wall in tight with the right side brushing the curb, and roll into the throttle once you see daylight. Wide open acceleration as you straighten the wheels and upshift at redline.

In the interest of shortening the travel distance, I cut right by the pit exit on the left. This would be suicide in a real race but you can stay flat through the left bend. Avoid getting to close to the righthand wall at exit here, because the next little kink just before the start/finish is tighter than you think, and you'll want some drift room so you don't have to lift to avoid the wall.

4 hours, but another one bites the dust. That 3rd car, always in the wrong spot. Well it's done now. MOV 1.2 secs. Nothing much to add, I have only been doing GT4 for 6 months and b spec'd alot, but if I can do it, others can. Persiverance, means practice, practice.

i did it simply by using brute force and punching it where ever i could but my aggressive style wont work on other challenges

Suzuka, which has NO rhythm and no landmarks.

Except for a useless Ferris Wheel! :lol:

The Corvette mission is really frustrating. I get easily get to 4th on the back "straightaway", getting 5th in the hairpin and 4th on the straight, but it get hard from there. I generally find myself at the C3 Corvette when I'm about to enter the final hairpin, and I sometimes find it too easy to clip the grass, making the car unstable. I sometimes spin there. And if I survive, I never get to the '54 Corvette in time. I'll keep trying though.

Just won this mission by 0.064 seconds, I've already seen people on youtube passing the turn before the finish line,
I just got the damn C1 on the finish line...
EDIT: I've been stuck for months on this one... Finally got the Toyota 7

Back