Mission Replays?

• Thread starter Dizzy49
  • 36 comments
United States
United States
I blew through Stage 1 with all gold and only had a reply a few tracks more than once. Stage 6 missions are killing me.

By some MIRACLE I got a Bronze on 6-1, and 50 more attempts to get better got me MAYBE 3-4 more Bronze. I tried adjusting the transmission so all the power is in the first 3 gears. When I take off from the line if I try to drift I slam into the wall, if I slam on the brakes I come to a near complete stop before it will let me turn. Grrr.

Stage 6-2 I have attempted probably 60 times now. I have completed it TWICE! I managed to grab 2nd before I went into pit (at the end of the 3rd lap). I refuled to 2.5 laps and when I got out of the pit I was 15th. I held 15th and when most the leaders pit I was up to 10th as I charged down the straight away at full speed... Yet, somehow before I hit the end of the straight away I was back to 15th!!! Yeah, somehow they managed to get out in front of me, even while pitting!

Stage 6-3 wasn't too bad. I was getting annoyed when I would take a 2 second hit for barely rubbing a wall, or when the OTHER car ran into me! Best I did was 1 second to make Bronze... I was just happy I passed! :P

Stage 6-4 took me a bit, but I managed Bronze. Both 6-2 and 6-4 the other cars like to hit you, and you lose control FAST when they so much as tap you. I can handle spinning off the road and missing a turn, but god forbid should they tap your rear and, and suddenly you lose all control and end up losing 20 seconds!

Stage 6-5 is killing me. It's a similar track from 6-1 but with some differences. A good 50+ attempts and I still can't pass it!

Stage 6-6 is hard because you have to have a clean run. You never make up any ground on the straight aways so you only have a few turns to catch them.

Stage 6-7 I don't like because I don't like the rally races. It's like driving on ice, but not... I've driven on ice before and I had way more control! I can't keep the damn car on the track to save my life... And it pisses me off when I'm sliding at a wall and I should hit it sideways, but then suddenly I'm nose first into the wall at a dead stop! WTF?!?!

Stage 6-8 makes you cry when you are on Lap 30 BARELY holding 1st, and one a-hole taps you and sends you flying off the road and you are suddenly in last place. An hour lost! FYI, save this for tomorrow to meet your Daily Goal easily ;)

I'd love to see some replays of people who have managed to pass the various Stage 6 missions. Would also be awesome if you said (or showed) any mods you made to the cars.

Last edited:
Pit on the first lap of 6-2, interesting, I'll give that a try.

Not sure what happened with 6-7, but I did REALLY badly (like everyone had gone home and eaten dinner before I finished). It gave me 15k credits, and an invisible trophy!
Screenshot_9.jpg

I look forward to your suggestiions for the rest of Stage 6!

And what is up with dumping you out of autodrive right when you need to slam the brakes on in 6-2?!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried 6-2 again and pit on the first lap... On lap 3 one of the AI guys spun out and is just driving back and forth across the track. The track is stuck in yellow and I can't finish! LOL

I’m on these now @Dizzy49 and based on what you’ve said, I think you are driving too fast and braking too locate into the corners. Try braking earlier and coasting around the corner until you hit the apex then power out of it. If it feels slow, it’s probably quite fast. I’m no expert racer by any stretch and have managed silver on the first 4 of these, Gold might be achievable for me on some, but yeah I’m not a completionist and so not too bothered about that aspect.

Ok, on 6-5 are you supposed to drift around the corners or something? Are you managing Silver using all default options on the car? It seems like if I just slow down or brake earlier I just slide straight into things :/ I HATE the overly technical courses.

Finally got Bronze on 6-5. I set the car at all defaults, then set Traction Control to 3. Key for me was less speed and more control :P The second to last turn was a bitch for me though.

Now back to 6-2, then once the daily miles resets I'll work on 6-8.

I'm seeing a lot of videos of people saying they wasted an hour+ on Mission 6-8. They were doing well, then one stupid thing completely screws them at the very end. I just tried a coupld runs. They were fairly clean, I know my braking skills need some work, but In 2 laps I barely gained 2 positions (only to lose them to a second later). I was drafting a jaguar pretty well. Trying to figure out how, when we are going the same speed, he is able to easily make the turn that sent me flying off the road. No car hit me, I just couldn't make the turn at that speed. Is there really that much of a difference in the corning?

Hey Dizzy49, key to progress in any racing game is control. It's not just about driving fast, it's how you drive fast. I've found that setting the sensitivity on the controller to 5 is the sweet spot for me, and I'm still currently using automatic gears. Assists generally off though. Will move over to manual once I've got a much better feel for the game and cars.

I've currently got silver on 6-1 throgh to 6-5, gold on 6-6 & 6-7, and am just half way through 6-8 but had to pause for work! I'm sure that if I went back over some of the earlier ones I'd get gold on a few at least, but yes 6-1 and 6-5 are not to my liking generally. I've absolutely no idea what position I'll end up in 6-8, got two more pit stops to make which is is kinda' stupid really. I mean 7 laps out of a tank, more or less with settings? Anyways, that'll get my daily workout for the day regardless. I must admit though, the racing is brutal and realistic and I like that. If you take a corner too fast and brake while turning, you won't make it. Slow in, fast out. Nail the braking points and coast around the corner until you hit the apex. I've pushed things a bit too far, hit the wall and spun, losing 8 places just like that - as you would in real life.

I really like how the AI now is a "line" hog.
Even if you are just slightly above they will intentionally get under and you go in circles.

I know someone on 6-2 who turned his fuel to as lean as it could go. He made a no stopper and won, but he had to do some mighty blocking at the end.

Has anyone watched the video for 6-1?
Gold there is 27.500
Gold in real life is 26.200

Still haven't gotten gold on 6-1 either. (I think 26.385) is my best. :( And I still need to do the 30 lap race of 6-8. But 6-2~6.7 were pretty okay got gold on all of them. I really liked the high speed mission.

In 6-2 I pitted after the 3th lap going in to lap 4 I think.

Will missions progress from demo carry over to full game?

Good question, I've read about credits and cars only. I don't know about milage, money spent, any other stats, driving progress or anything... Though, if it doesn't it means you can get more free cars :D

About to really try 6-8 now...

Looks like gas lasts about 7 laps, 8 laps on lean.
Any idea how long the tires last? I watched a guy run 8 laps between pits, and he got new tires each time, but it didn't look like he NEEDED them. I know Mediums will run at least 8 laps, any idea on soft? I think I need the extra grip the way I drive :P

I too question the missions.
I just finally managed Gold on 6-1 with a 26.061
Just got 5-8 left and I would get gold on all those.

For 6-1 I had the "Quick tune" level 3 on all.
Transmission all the way down 112
ABS 1.
Rest was off.

If anyone needs help with getting golds done in your Driving Academy or Challenge Missions. Here you go, enjoy!

About to really try 6-8 now...

Looks like gas lasts about 7 laps, 8 laps on lean.
Any idea how long the tires last? I watched a guy run 8 laps between pits, and he got new tires each time, but it didn't look like he NEEDED them. I know Mediums will run at least 8 laps, any idea on soft? I think I need the extra grip the way I drive :P

I did it with Soft, Med, and Hard I believe. That guide is rendering as we speak. You'll wanna full tank every pit, at least thats how I beat it haha.

I am HATING 6-8 right now! I was doing OK in 5th, then all of a suddent my car spins out for no reason!!! Dropped down to 16th! I must have hit a rock in the rock or something! I am ALL KINDS OF PISSED right now! I don't see the AI fighting each other, but they knock me off the road every chance, and as I noted before anytime I get bumped the car losing all control and I am sent flying and lose all kinds of time. And even using Soft Tires I can't seem to make the same turn every other car is making with ease even going a little slower...

I remember spending hours trying to pass some of the license tests way back when, but this is ridiculous.

I have yet to make it to 10 laps before I am in dead last. Run off the road at least 3 times per attempt, can't make the turn and end up flying through the sand at 10mph (yeah, 10mph and the damn thing ends up halfway into the sand, and I spend 20sec trying to get out of it... I ran one of them into the sand and he was out of it in like 2sec!) This is a true endurance test... To see how much crap you can ensure before you throw your controller through the damn screen!

I understand it's a "challenge", but this is too damn much! Literally waste HOURS on this one challenge. At least every other challenge to this point you only list a few minutes if you failed.

And why the hell do I not get ANY miles when I exit?! I get Milage Points, but no miles!

On helpful note... With Fuel Map 4 you don't have to pit until your 8th Lap. Soft Tires will also last you until then.

Finally got Bronze on 6-5. I set the car at all defaults, then set Traction Control to 3. Key for me was less speed and more control :P The second to last turn was a bitch for me though.

Now back to 6-2, then once the daily miles resets I'll work on 6-8.

I changed the gearing of the car to the shortest possible and I completely lowered the car. Did the trick for me. Left TC on 1. Works for both rally missions in the stadium.

How do you adjust the fuel? Is that in the car settings?

When driving use the d pad left & right, you skipp through different displays between the rev counter / speedometer. You can change brake bias / TCS / fuel map and see your sector times. If you have a G29 you use the +/- button and the red dial to do this instead. Not sure for thrustmaster wheels.

I got silver on 6-1 by just trying it a bunch of times. I agree with the posts above, being easier on the throttle and no trying to drift seems to work better

OMG, I just spent over an hour, Lap 26 I was stopped dead BY A CONE! Lap 27-29 I was run off the road 11 times! ELEVN TIMES!! ALL ELEVEN TIMES I ENDED UP FACE INTO THE WALL! No, it wasn't something I could easily hop back on the road, I had to reverse and go back! Going into lap 28 I was down to 18th, and fought my way back to 9th, then in the last turn the god damn McLaren tapped me from behind and sent me off the road to finish in 11th!

AND NO MILAGE?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! AN HOUR OF DRIVING AND NO MILAGE?!?!?!?!?!?

OMG, I just spent over an hour, Lap 26 I was stopped dead BY A CONE! Lap 27-29 I was run off the road 11 times! ELEVN TIMES!! ALL ELEVEN TIMES I ENDED UP FACE INTO THE WALL! No, it wasn't something I could easily hop back on the road, I had to reverse and go back! Going into lap 28 I was down to 18th, and fought my way back to 9th, then in the last turn the god damn McLaren tapped me from behind and sent me off the road to finish in 11th!

AND NO MILAGE?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! AN HOUR OF DRIVING AND NO MILAGE?!?!?!?!?!?
I noticed the no mileage thing bug too, tried and quit a couple of times and got the miles, after my 5th place run I got no miles! Last night when I got 2nd place I did get the miles bit it was a moot point because I'd already beaten the days quota.

As for the overall experience you are having, it sounds to me like you are driving too fast, braking too late, and sliding around the corners. If you slide, you lose grip and speed, simple as that, and you then try to correct so more changes of spinning out. Maybe try upping the assists because the game is meant to be fun, so do what it takes to make it fun for you, don't turn everything off because that's what others do. There are no corners on 6-8 that need to be taken as slow as 10mph, and at that speed you shouldn't be sliding off!

I know what you mean about the little nudges spinning you out. It's really annoying and something I hope they address.

PS If you use fuel map 6 you can stay out for 10-11 laps and only put twice. Mediums last that long too, but they do get a bit slippy towards the end. I don't think it really matters though because I've done fuel map 1 pitting loads, and fuel map 6 pitting twice. All that happens is the AI cars pit at similar increments as you so in the end it largely comes down to your driving skill and preference.

I've run this one 3 times, and only had 1 significant issue with the AI - that was a lap 29 punt from the 2nd place car, that was, on reflection, my fault - I left him too much room on the inside into one of the tighter corners and cut across his line.

Otherwise I've found the AI fine... the slower cars actually move off line to make way for you, and as long as you're aware of where other cars are, you just adjust your line to take account of them.

Tactics wise, I just run 6 lap stints on soft tyres... gives you more speed to avoid the cars from lower classes. Softs last 6 laps easily and allow 1'57-1'58 lap times (IIRC).

I noticed the no mileage thing bug too, tried and quit a couple of times and got the miles, after my 5th place run I got no miles! Last night when I got 2nd place I did get the miles bit it was a moot point because I'd already beaten the days quota.

As for the overall experience you are having, it sounds to me like you are driving too fast, braking too late, and sliding around the corners. If you slide, you lose grip and speed, simple as that, and you then try to correct so more changes of spinning out. Maybe try upping the assists because the game is meant to be fun, so do what it takes to make it fun for you, don't turn everything off because that's what others do. There are no corners on 6-8 that need to be taken as slow as 10mph, and at that speed you shouldn't be sliding off!

I know what you mean about the little nudges spinning you out. It's really annoying and something I hope they address.

PS If you use fuel map 6 you can stay out for 10-11 laps and only put twice. Mediums last that long too, but they do get a bit slippy towards the end. I don't think it really matters though because I've done fuel map 1 pitting loads, and fuel map 6 pitting twice. All that happens is the AI cars pit at similar increments as you so in the end it largely comes down to your driving skill and preference.

Yeah, I'm not great at corners, I tend to slam on the brakes when I see the Brake warning, then coast around the corner hitting the gas a bit to actually turn, then floor it. It seems the only way I can even come close to hanging with the AI. If I try to brake sooner they all fly by me, and I never catch up.

I was using Fuel Map 4 and staying out for 8-9 laps on Soft tires. If I did 9 laps I was running on fumes when I came in to pit, and the tires were getting sloppy the last couple of laps.

One thing I learned my last few runs is that it's possible to go from 18th to 9th in 6-7 laps if I need to. When I was running with Fuel Map 4, I was sure the AI pit more than I did, it's the only reason I made it to 2nd place :P

I also think the AI are seperated into 3 aggression level groups. The first 10 are very aggressive, the next group of 10 just kind of mind their own and leave you alone and drive their own race, the last group actually get out of your way. The McLaren is the last one in the aggressive group and he was the worst. Pretty sure my avatar hopped out of it's car after the race and beat the McLaren's driver to death with a tire iron.

FINALLY completed 6-8! I set fuel mix to 6, and medium tires. Ran 11 laps, then pit (med tires and full tank), then another 11 laps (medium tires and full tank), then set to fuel to 4 for the first lap, then down to 3, and finally at 1 for the final lap. I finished 4th amazingly. Best place I had the entire race was 3rd, then I was promptly run off the road 10 seconds later.

I'm NOT looking forward to doing this again in the full version :P

Latest Posts

Back