Mission Replays?

• Thread starter Dizzy49
  • 36 comments
FINALLY completed 6-8! I set fuel mix to 6, and medium tires. Ran 11 laps, then pit (med tires and full tank), then another 11 laps (medium tires and full tank), then set to fuel to 4 for the first lap, then down to 3, and finally at 1 for the final lap. I finished 4th amazingly. Best place I had the entire race was 3rd, then I was promptly run off the road 10 seconds later.

I'm NOT looking forward to doing this again in the full version :P
Good news! Glad my strategy worked for you, silver is great :) I think these tests carry over to the final game so you shouldn’t have to do these over again, although I’ll be gobsmacked if my game save is there at all online such is the number of isssues I’ve had with not bring able to connect to the network (message saying it’s my internet connection, yet I’m online and on PSN, lol) Time will tell,

I wouldn't mind it if I had to do all the missions again. Had a lot of fun doing the 6-8. And also that really fast Tokyo track.
I only recently got a T150 steering wheel and that has exponential increased the fun in racing games for me.

I also saw a lot of comments on the rally physics. I'm no expert but been doing a few arcade races for rally and after getting used
to drifting properly I think rally is pretty good. I've never driven a rally car so I don't know how it supposed to feel. But I'm having a lot
of fun with it :-)

I also saw a lot of comments on the rally physics. I'm no expert but been doing a few arcade races for rally and after getting used
to drifting properly I think rally is pretty good. I've never driven a rally car so I don't know how it supposed to feel. But I'm having a lot
of fun with it :-)
I agree, having started out totally rubbish at the rallying, the obvious thing for me is to not try and drive it like a regular track. Sounds like a silly thing to say and far too obvious, but it takes some adjusting. Kicking the back end out and turning in early and drifting takes some getting used to but I have to say, it works well and is a fun alternative.

I finally did 6-2 Interlagos and this really was a pain in the neck. Every strategy failed except pit first go and fill up just enough race gas, I didnt do tyres because whats the point, you're on 95% race hard anyway... once out you need to do qualifying laps until the end...

You can of course cut corner 1 if you need to. The game doesnt care.

I used TC1 to soften the wheelspin but this car just really isnt fast enough... 567hp turbo 2.5 just doesnt have the guts compared to the Viper or Audi R8 V10...

I think it comes down to being fast enough... if your lap times burn up then you have enough distance so they cant challenge you on the final straight but if you're too slow then they'll pitt you.

Thank god this long national nightmare is over, now onto Maggiore 30 lap in the 911RSR.

I finally did 6-2 Interlagos and this really was a pain in the neck. Every strategy failed except pit first go and fill up just enough race gas, I didnt do tyres because whats the point, you're on 95% race hard anyway... once out you need to do qualifying laps until the end...

You can of course cut corner 1 if you need to. The game doesnt care.

I used TC1 to soften the wheelspin but this car just really isnt fast enough... 567hp turbo 2.5 just doesnt have the guts compared to the Viper or Audi R8 V10...

I think it comes down to being fast enough... if your lap times burn up then you have enough distance so they cant challenge you on the final straight but if you're too slow then they'll pitt you.

Thank god this long national nightmare is over, now onto Maggiore 30 lap in the 911RSR.

Congrats on passing your mission. For maggiore I went hell for leather pedal to the metal fuel map 1, pit on 10 and 20, and blew everyone else away. Easy peasy that one

Back