Mistral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Formula1racer
  • 25 comments
  • 1,020 views
Messages
124
what car should i use for mistral?? i have the Escudo, 3 F1 (doesnt last), Zonda race car, Esprante, GT one road car
 
Any.

It's certainly possible to win with a full tune Citroen Xsara Rally Car. Anything else is a walkover.
 
Any of them would work, just whichever car you prefer.
 
Originally posted by Formula1racer
that 787b kills me though w/ any car i use though

How well do you know the course?
 
Originally posted by Formula1racer
that 787b kills me though w/ any car i use though

F1 cars are so easy there..Maybe you should practice a bit more on your braking and driving skills..
 
Use the F1 for your first time, and then when/if you decide to do it again, use a more competitive car...:)
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
Use the F1 for your first time, and then when/if you decide to do it again, use a more competitive car...:)


True. I used the Calsonic for Minstal. Stage 2 turbo as anything higher just eats the rears up. You need to set your car up for rapid acceleration and sharp turning. Get to know the course well and use a low gear ratio. You should be maxed out in all gears just after you exit the tunnel turn about 1/3 the way down the hill.
 
Originally posted by RazorGTR
True. I used the Calsonic for Minstal. Stage 2 turbo as anything higher just eats the rears up. You need to set your car up for rapid acceleration and sharp turning. Get to know the course well and use a low gear ratio. You should be maxed out in all gears just after you exit the tunnel turn about 1/3 the way down the hill.

I think the biggest part of this race is knowing the course . . . if you don't know this course, you will not succeed on it. Until I finally knew the course, I absolutely hated it . . . but now I love it, and is right there with Laguna Seca as my favourite tracks. You definitely need your gears set up real low, and you also need a car that the rear end does not slides out on . . . that can cause major problems at this course. The car needs to be very stable, and pretty much neutral balance.
 
No matter how well I know Laguna, I will always hate it. It just isn't fun for me.
 
Originally posted by mayorbill11
No matter how well I know Laguna, I will always hate it. It just isn't fun for me.

Well since I tune any car that I think needs tuning at Laguna Seca, I know the course pretty well. I know what I want the car to do through every corner on the course. Plus, Laguna Seca provides everything you really need to tune a car . . . a decent straightaway, slow corners, mid-speed corners, fast corners, elevation changes, etc. Plus the Corkscrew is so freakin' fun to go through when you know you have nailed it perfectly!!!
 
I use the Toyota MR-S SuperAutoBacs Race Car with a Turbo 1 upgrade. This is a for sure win, but a challenge as well.

If you are having trouble with this, try the Turbo 2 upgrade for an easier victory. You can get this race car at the Professional League All Japan GT Championship.:D
 
Monaco is an F1 track in R/L so...
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
Monaco is an F1 track in R/L so...

But the compeition in real life would be F1s, but here it's Le Mans cars...;)
 
I just finished it in my ZZII.
And I can honestly say it is the worst race I've participated in to date. It was so long, boring and tedious. Thank god it's over, with an addition of a Poly 002 (which I won't ever use) to my garage. The best prize I recieved though was knowing I wouldn't have to do it again...until the formula GT :mad:
Cote D'Azur is a horrible track :banghead:
 
I did it last night, 1hr53mins, with a best lap of 1:18:535 :D
I don't know if that's any good. Drove the 787B, and got the FTO LM
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I use the Toyota MR-S SuperAutoBacs Race Car with a Turbo 1 upgrade. This is a for sure win, but a challenge as well.
This is exactly the car I was looking to run there. Nice and small, mid engine, downforce... how can you go wrong? What tires and pit strategy did you use?
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I use the Toyota MR-S SuperAutoBacs Race Car with a Turbo 1 upgrade. This is a for sure win, but a challenge as well.

If you are having trouble with this, try the Turbo 2 upgrade for an easier victory. You can get this race car at the Professional League All Japan GT Championship.:D

I may have to try that race in that car . . . *thinks, (now I just need to find some setting for the car, as I am too lazy to try and tune one right now . . . d'oh :banghead: )*.
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
But the compeition in real life would be F1s, but here it's Le Mans cars...;)

...and thats what bites:irked: the machine should be able to pick up on what car you are racing and give you some sort of compitition eg Me=F1, AI should also be in the same car
 
Originally posted by Formula1racer
i raced w/ an f/. tires burn fast

You aren't going to get a whole lot of tires out of an F1, they are only on T5 tires and that's all you can get for one.
 
...and that's another thing that bites
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
...and thats what bites:irked: the machine should be able to pick up on what car you are racing and give you some sort of compitition eg Me=F1, AI should also be in the same car

That sure would make a better race, too bad AI isn't that smart . . . we haven't gotten to the Matrix yet, or have we? :lol:
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
...and that's another thing that bites

Yes it totally bites the big one!
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
This is exactly the car I was looking to run there. Nice and small, mid engine, downforce... how can you go wrong? What tires and pit strategy did you use?

I use T3's, and pitted every 16 laps. This gives you a total of 4.875 pit stops for the race. The closer you get to ?.99, the better. 17 laps would be 4.588 and 15 would be 5 pit stops, and 5 pit stops is to many for this race.
 
Originally posted by Solid Lifters
I used T3's, and pitted every 16 laps. This gives you a total of 4.875 pit stops for the race. The closer you get to ?.99, the better. 17 laps would be 4.588 and 15 would be 5 pit stops, and 5 pit stops is to many for this race.

Oops, I forgot to add that you can get away with pitting every 20 laps for a total of 3.9 pit stops, but the tires get very red and you loose a lot of traction in the last few laps, which gives you bad lap times compared to pitting that one extra time and having great tire grip the entire race.:D
 
Back