Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution V RS 1998

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 49 comments
hsv
You could use that reasoning for every trim level or minor tweak of every car that has ever existed.

No, you can't. Mitsubishi made improvement in every generation change of Lancer Evolution, Best Motoring had a video feature discussing the V vs VI with Mitsubishi engineer and the lap times were one of the indicator of how the car improved, but the tester, I think it was Nakaya-san, made comment on how the VI has better handling and balance.

...:scared: I got quoted. Wow.

Okay, so it's tiny wee bit quicker 'round a track I don't find all that interesting - that's greeeeaaat.
Tell me, surely, surely, I can lightly tune a Evo V to match VI in game, no?

That's not the point, you can tune Evo IV to be as quick as VI in real life too, so you don't need VI anymore ? Having all Evo generation as premium is a good thing, now the problem is will PD able to replicate each model generation in detail correctly ? From alignment, suspension springs, AYC behavior, weight distribution, tire grip, chassis ( roll center, COG, etc )

...:scared: I got quoted. Wow.

Okay, so it's tiny wee bit quicker 'round a track I don't find all that interesting - that's greeeeaaat.
Tell me, surely, surely, I can lightly tune a Evo V to match VI in game, no?
Well, you could try to replicate the Evo VI, using the Evo V. But I don't know if it would end achieving the same lap times like the Evo VI, with the tune.

No, you can't. Mitsubishi made improvement in every generation change of Lancer Evolution, Best Motoring had a video feature discussing the V vs VI with Mitsubishi engineer and the lap times were one of the indicator of how the car improved, but the tester, I think it was Nakaya-san, made comment on how the VI has better handling and balance.

That's not the point, you can tune Evo IV to be as quick as VI in real life too, so you don't need VI anymore ? Having all Evo generation as premium is a good thing, now the problem is will PD able to replicate each model generation in detail correctly ? From alignment, suspension springs, AYC behavior, weight distribution, tire grip, chassis ( roll center, COG, etc )
We don't need every single generation and trim of every single car ever made in premium. Why have this, which is NO different than the VI RS in ANY way, when PD can spend their time modelling cars we actually need.

No, you can't.
Your next sentence proves otherwise.
Mitsubishi made improvement in every generation change of Lancer Evolution
If you can present a valid reason as to why of all the hugely significant cars missing from Gran Turismo, another duplicate deserves to take up PD's modelling time, and also present a valid reason as to why this particular car is exempt from this reasoning:
hsv
You could use that reasoning for every trim level or minor tweak of every car that has ever existed.
Then I will happily listen. I can't post anything else without needlessly repeating myself.

Visually the difference is minimal, and the mechanical part only needs slight tweaks, why not ? It won't be like making a brand new model from scratch as the VI premium can be used as starting point.

Let PD decide and we just make suggestions.

Personally, I want all JDM cars ( street and race model ) from previous GT ( GT1 to GT4 all to be made premium ), it's GT roots anyway, Japanese cars :)

Visually the difference is minimal, and the mechanical part only needs slight tweaks, why not ? It won't be like making a brand new model from scratch as the VI premium can be used as starting point.

Personally, I want all JDM cars ( street and race model ) from previous GT ( GT1 to GT4 all to be made premium ), it's GT roots anyway, Japanese cars :)
We have almost every Japanese car we need in GT! We have every Gen of Evo, RX-7, MX-5, Skyline, Silvia, Impreza, Celica, Supra, Eclipse, GTO, etc. already.

So, you're saying this is a duplicate with very minor mechanical tweaks (ignoring visuals, as I doubt many people would keep the stock), which we could do ourselves, and which wouldn't shine through in GT? Why would PD, with a fan base ready to lynch them due to the amount of duplicates, add this car? That'd just throw a whole lot of fuel on the fire.

So, you're saying this is a duplicate with very minor mechanical tweaks (ignoring visuals, as I doubt many people would keep the stock), which we could do ourselves, and which wouldn't shine through in GT? Why would PD, with a fan base ready to lynch them due to the amount of duplicates, add this car? That'd just throw a whole lot of fuel on the fire.
Exactly. People complain about duplicates yet there are people who think duplicates ARE THE WAY FORWARD!

As I said earlier, let PD decide, and we just make suggestions here. I'm just sharing my thoughts, I haven't done what Harsk did :lol:

IMO, all generation of evo lancer should be presented in GT ( premium ), both RS and GSR. If I could, I would include GrA Evo RS ( Rally Base ) as well.

Just give me one of each car and move on to the next. We don't need, or want, 50 variations on the same car.
Well, it depends. I wouldn't want just 1 example of the Zonda but I don't think we need 2 Huayras with such a small difference in power that it's irrelevant. It's all about balance, I guess.

Well, it depends. I wouldn't want just 1 example of the Zonda but I don't think we need 2 Huayras with such a small difference in power that it's irrelevant. It's all about balance, I guess.
As long as the cars had at least either a 5PP performance difference OR significant visual differentness.

As long as the cars had at least either a 5PP performance difference OR significant visual differentness.
I'd go more for the driving experience than the PP difference, personally. Like, 5PP isn't much, and in some cars you won't even notice it.

I'd go more for the driving experience than the PP difference, personally. Like, 5PP isn't much, and in some cars you won't even notice it.
True, I'd like the car to be at least a little different in some ways to the original.

Well, that went well.

Three reminders for everyone.

Firstly:
you're free to suggest any car you want on this forum
This is correct. Anyone is free to suggest any car they want in this forum. They key words here are "they want" - it doesn't matter if no-one else wants it, since that's the purpose of having the thread's Likes displayed in the forum overview and the ability to rank the forum's threads by Likes.

We will not tolerate users dictating terms of what is and isn't an acceptable suggestion to other users. If @Harsk100 genuinely wants a premium upgrade of a car that has an extremely similar car in the game already as a premium, so be it - who are you or I to say that's not what he actually wants? ALL cars are acceptable.

Secondly:
A Suggestion thread is, as @Ridox2JZGTE points out here, only a Suggestion. It's not like the Cool Wall where a Suggestion is immediately queued and ranked by date for priority. PD works on what PD works on, unconnected to the Suggestions forum - we're just giving them an idea of what the community would prefer they prioritise by giving them an easy reference on how many GTP members would want them to try and include any given car.

If you don't want it, don't Like it. There's little excuse for the entire page of posts I've just deleted arguing the toss over the validity of this suggestion or whether this car is something PD should be working on.

Thirdly:
You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack any individual or any group.
Since I was invoked for saying "What utter bollocks" about a phrase someone posted in the Opinions forum, this apparently needs clarifying.

Saying that what someone has posted is utter bollocks is an opinion on the content of their post.
Saying that someone is dumb, stupid or childish due to the content of their post is an opinion on them as a person.

The former does not explicitly break the AUP. The latter does - always has, always will - and is not acceptable.

As a guy that likes the idea of having more than one trim of certain cars. I'm going to say sorry Harsk, but I don't think I'll like this. I mean, I'm fine with just a premium Evo V GSR, in which I voted for already. I easily understand the differences between the Evo V & VI, but I don't think the differences between the RS & GSR Evo Vs are significant enough to want both. Though, I won't mind if PD models it anyway.

I think people are overestimating how much time this car would take up if PD did decide to make it premium.
Yup, I bet it takes less time for PD to simply take a premium Evo 6, modify the model, and create a premium Evo V than to create a brand new model.

Last edited:
Back