Mitsubishi Not Dead Yet: Nissan Takes Control

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 656 comments
Mitsubishi is under fire again for overstating fuel efficiency figures - This time it includes variants of the Pajero, RVR and Outlander. Sales in Japan are suspended until the figures are rectified.

Source

Mitsubishi is under fire again for overstating fuel efficiency figures - This time it includes variants of the Pajero, RVR and Outlander. Sales in Japan are suspended until the figures are rectified.

Source
They done diddled again?

Mitsubishi motors raided in Japan
Mitsubishi Motors Corp.'s headquarters and Nagoya plant were raided by government officials today, deepening the crisis for the Japanese automaker that is struggling to recover from a mileage manipulation scandal.

The raid comes after Mitsubishi said this week that more of its vehicle models were involved in a mileage cheating scandal than initially stated.

"We want to thoroughly investigate the circumstances that led to this situation," Japan's Transport Minister Keiichi Ishii told reporters.

Ishii also said the ministry sent documents to other automakers to enforce compliance with rules for calculating mileage.

Shares of Mitsubishi Motors ended morning trading almost unchanged. The automaker's market value has tumbled since the scandal broke.

Mitsubishi has said it used unapproved methods to calculate mileage for 25 years, and also used estimates - rather than data from tests - to calculate the fuel economy of its minivehicles.
Automobile News

Start lowering your expectations for anything French coming to the US any time soon.

Start lowering your expectations for anything French coming to the US any time soon.
Did anyone really have any expectations for having one of the French manufacturers returning to the North American market?

Okay, you could argue that Renault has a better product line-up for the US than before with the Kadjar and the Talisman, but even then why would they launch a completely unestablished brand to compete with the already relatively well selling Nissan. And PSA is currently even less likely to return there.

At the moment the only French brand that would make even a slightest sense in the US is the upcoming Alpine, but they've very clearly stated that they're going to remain in Europe for the first few years.

One things for sure; with Mitsubishi on board the next car of the Renault/Nissan group will have a stellar airco unit :dopey:

I prefer Nissan-Renault not Renault-Nissan.
Except Renault led the strategic partnership, has voting control over Nissan, and Carlos Ghosn, who was at Renault when the two companies began working together, is now the CEO of both. And the name of the actual business is called the Renault-Nissan Alliance. So what you prefer is kind of irrelevant here...

From a purely phonetic perspective, Renault-Nissan also scans better than Nissan-Renault because the "lt" in Renault is silent, so a soft vowel leads into the N of Nissan. The "nr" of Nissan-Renault doesn't flow as nicely.

Spy pic of the next Outlander Sport / ASX.
2018-mitsubishi-outlander-sport-asx.jpg

I honestly feel as if modern Mitsubishi intentionally goes out of their way to make their vehicles as ugly as possible.

I honestly feel as if modern Mitsubishi intentionally goes out of their way to make their vehicles as ugly as possible.
Somebody in the design department is rebelling and trying to get the company bankrupt, no other way to explain the **** that comes out of there these days. :P

Presumably the new ASX will have a plug-in hybrid variant too? If so, someone should tell Mitsubishi that low-emission cars do not have to be hideous. :ouch:

For what it's worth, my mind went straight to the new HR-V / Vezel instead of the Aztek, which makes sense since I assume that's what its gunning for. The high mount taillights resemble those of the XR-PHEV concept, so I assume that'll be a corporate styling choice on similar models in the future. Admittedly, it doesn't help their case right now. :lol:

Back