Mitsubishi Not Dead Yet: Nissan Takes Control

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 656 comments
It will still be sold as the Qashqai in Canada, but I'm pretty sure they decided on the Rogue name in the US so they could combine the sales and dominate. :P
Nah, Nissan just thought that Americans would have no idea how to pronounce the actual name. :lol:
Jokes on Nissan, neither do i.

Mitsubishi new suv will officially be called Eclipse Cross
2017-mitsubishi-eclipse-cross-teaser.jpg

2017-mitsubishi-eclipse-cross-teaser.jpg

The Eclipse Cross is shaping up to look pretty good up to the D-pillar. I'm still concerned it will feature an Aztek-like rear that will ruin everything.

The Eclipse Cross is shaping up to look pretty good up to the D-pillar. I'm still concerned it will feature an Aztek-like rear that will ruin everything.

A Vision GT, without the Vision.

Front is as expected. Side not bad. Rear is a mess, so I've fixed it:

C5wyEPyWYAE5oHJ.jpg

C5wyFuhXMAAYufC.jpg

Best I could do in 20-odd minutes and with no digital editing skills.

Hope it drives well.

That does make the rear look better.

----------------

The name is irritating me, when you say "Eclipse Cross" it doesn't roll off your tongue and makes it sound weird.

It's essentially a squashed Outlander Sport. The hideous back end causes my aversion to this design as a whole.

On my way home tonight I saw a Mitsubishi Outlander and a Pontiac Aztek sitting at a light next to each other. I giggled.

It's essentially a squashed Outlander Sport. The hideous back end causes my aversion to this design as a whole.
I actually think the Outlander Sport looks great next to this. At its worst the Outlander Sport is bland, whereas this is just a mess. I just hope it drives well, as that's ultimately more important.

I think I wouldn't find the rear as bad if the split window actually followed the taillights and there wasn't a soft corner right below the very angular taillights. As it is, it looks like the took the hatch from another car and then glued the window splitting section of the taillights on the window, which ends up looking slightly odd.

Dear Carlos:

Blah blah blah, new compact hatchback, blah blah blah, WRC entry, blah blah blah new Eclipse and Lancer to take on the Toyota 86 and Subaru WRX, blah blah blah fanboy blah blah blah.

I think Mitsubishi could do a lot better with their limited financial resources than directly converting it to trash by wasting time in WRC.

I think Mitsubishi could do a lot better with their limited financial resources than directly converting it to trash by wasting time in WRC.
Particularly as they have no suitable vehicle right now. I mean... there's the Mirage, but really?

I actually think the Outlander Sport looks great next to this. At its worst the Outlander Sport is bland, whereas this is just a mess. I just hope it drives well, as that's ultimately more important.
How many phones can connect while driving, is even more importanter. ;)

Back