Makeshift Shuffle - No Tuning RacesOpen 

Here's the new front page image...

mixermakeshiftcol2.jpg

I've also been uploading my photomodes, but just haven't gotten to posting them here in the thread yet.
http://www.watermelonpunch.com/wppb/category/gran-turismo/mixer-makeshift-shuffle/

Nice video Ameer, you seemed to have a pretty good fight with melon there. :) (and we got to see my great start where I got in to first in the corner you call first corner, woo)

Melon, is that me in the yellow celica on the oval or did someone else use that colour as well? your collage feels very makeshift shuffley, you really captured the nice close racing with lots of different cars. :)

Edit: checked out the pictures on your site and nah that wasn't me.. wrong wheels.. seems like more than me liked that yellow colour on it. ^^

Last edited:
Photomodes
Tuesday 02 January

20140102makeshiftshuffle000.jpg

watermelonpunch in Golf... while things were still going well. ^^

20140102makeshiftshuffle003.jpg

Love that tunnel at Trial Mountain. :)

20140102makeshiftshuffle004.jpg

Handlebar's spiffy orange Miata w/ stripe.

20140102makeshiftshuffle005.jpg

I think that's the Swede in the yellow Skyline! :)
20140102makeshiftshuffle010.jpg

Pretty sure that might be the stock paint yellow on the Celica.
Lots of peeps have been buying cars on the fly immediately before racing... so we've seen a lot of stock paint! :) I think as time progresses, there will be more fancy paint jobs!

20140102makeshiftshuffle011.jpg

That's the sinister version of the Mini Marcos. :lol:
(I think that might be LongbowX in the black Marcos?)

20140102makeshiftshuffle012.jpg

I think Sylar is the one with the bright dark blue fleet. :)

20140102makeshiftshuffle0161.jpg

2 stock orange Civics! :) 👍
Is it Santa Fe orange or something like that? It's the only colour it comes in!

20140102makeshiftshuffle019.jpg

I'm not sure who this is...
But I think the Swede was in the Skyline (above) at Trial Mountain.

20140102makeshiftshuffle01.jpg

I can see 2, or perhaps 3 yellow Celicas.
That turquoise metallic is also a stock colour of the Celica, and there were at least 3 turquoise.
I remember that tongo ( @GranTurismo916 ) was in a Turquoise Celica - because I hit him when he was sideways :scared: - hard to forget that! :lol:

I believe that's Handlebar in the matte black w/ red wheels. It looks to me like his window is open! :lol:

20140102makeshiftshuffle02.jpg

20140102makeshiftshuffle08.jpg

To be honest, I use lots of filters in some of these pictures because up close some of the standard cars have unfortunate flaws.

I have noticed the Celica has angular geometrics on the mirrors, and the Civic has angular geometrics above the wheel well on the fenders.

But I found you can hide this a bit by choosing the least offensive position, then hitting the focus button on a point at a different distance than the angular geometric part of the car.

I've had better luck also using some filters. Especially Miniature is good at glossing over some of the worst of it.

There is also the bug of seeing the smoke before the accident when you view the replay. :boggled:
I posted about that here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/glitch-bug-photos.293851/page-2#post-9166064

Nice shots,I might be inspired to take some of my own sometime... It can be challenging to take some of standard cars for sure.

And that is me in the Marcos....it is however a dark British Racing Green (not black). I paint all my cars (that I run in series) that colour, all with chrome wheels. :cool:

Okay here's the upcoming schedule (in post #2 & #3)
(let me know if you're in and which)

Clean Mixer Makeshift Shuffle
Wednesday (8 January)
02:00pm - 04:00pm US EST / 07:00pm - 09:00pm GMT

DETAILS COMING SOON

Clean Mixer Makeshift Shuffle
Thursday (9 January)
02:00pm - 04:00pm US EST / 07:00pm - 09:00pm GMT

DETAILS COMING SOON

Clean Mixer Makeshift Shuffle - League Series
Saturday (11, 18, 25, January)
01:30pm - 03:30pm US EST / 07:30pm - 09:30pm GMT

Tentative Scheduling.
DETAILS COMING SOON

We're going to go live with the new car lists hopefully.
So go on a shopping spree!!

Obviously this isn't the order they'll be in, and there may be cars that wind up cut, but these are the cars most likely to be included.

Low Power Cars

Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
Ford Ka '01
Honda S800 '66
Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
Nissan Be-1 '87
Nissan CUBE EX (FF/CVT) '02
Nissan PAO '89
Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Suzuki WAGON R RR '98
Toyota Yaris F (J) '99
Triumph Spitfire 1500 74
Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88

Vintage Cars

Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
BMW 507 '57
Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68
Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76

I'll be coming up with an itinerary for the schedule, & posting that.

I'm hoping with the 3 week series we can use both lists, plus the Luxury cars (3rd week) - so it's time to start shopping for those too.

Also, I'm doing a Cubes @ Ovals event on Tuesday.
Because I was testing the Cube, and just got a hankering for it, since the Swede & someone else also mentioned it last week. ha ha So you can blame the Phouchg :sly:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...y-07-jan-7pm-gmt-2pm-us-est-19-00-utc.296339/

I´m in in all races !
black matte cars ;-) and of course gold rims .

oh i almost forgot , for the low power car list i´m using blue anthrazite paint with light blue rims !
like my real car ;-)

Last edited:
I will check the calendar when I get home tonight, but I think I can run the Saturday League Series.

:cheers:

With King using matte black, I will go back to my lurid bright Green paint with Red rims.

Last edited:
Yes please! (for all of it) I might be late for the races during the week. But I should be there for the weekend league races.

Dark British Racing Green/ Chrome wheels (Cars already done!)

Hopefully they fix the custom wheel width issue before we run the luxury cars though....

I should probably let Longbow explain this, but on cars which have different tire width on front and rear tires in standard. When you put custom wheels on they change so that you have the same width both in front and rear, which makes it handle like crap if the rears was twice as wide before. ^^

To add to that, there's this thread in the GT6 section. Phouchg is correct, not need to really explain further. Obviously cars with wider rears before will have a different handling balance. Mostly worse. If they don't fix it, might just have to remind people to keep the stock wheels.

Should be able to make all those dates. May just miss the event on the Thursday 9th this week but its just a one off thing so rest of dates should be fine.

What Longbow said...

Fill me in on this please?
I haven't heard about this yet.

If a car was originally specified to have narrower tires in front and fat. Tires in the back, handling can be negatively affected if you install +1 or +2 rims.

Apparently that rim increase somehow defaults to making the front and rear tires identical. The front tires are used as the starting point for copying to the rear.

In the end, the car that was designed for two skinny and two fat tires ends up with four skinny tires and poor handling.

Okay so luxury - we'll have to make a note to keep standard wheel rims - until further notice if it's corrected somehow in an update.
Thanks for the heads up. Hadn't gotten that far actually. I haven't even bought all them yet.
(I'm also wanting to do some testing on them before we run them. But we have some time for that.)

If a car was originally specified to have narrower tires in front and fat. Tires in the back, handling can be negatively affected if you install +1 or +2 rims.

Also to note is that it affects all custom wheel fittings, not just +1 or +2 rims. I think PD will fix it before we run it though. *crosses fingers*

Melon i will try to take part on all the races, not so sure if it will be possible, but sign me in. Do i have to choose a color combo?

Hey there. I just read the first posts and I think I would really enjoy this group. I just started a job that has afternoon hours so as long as it's not a day I'm working, I'd like to join. No points or anything? Can just join any race day?

Hey there. I just read the first posts and I think I would really enjoy this group. I just started a job that has afternoon hours so as long as it's not a day I'm working, I'd like to join. No points or anything? Can just join any race day?
There are points. But lots of people will be just joining in for half an event, or some events & not others. 👍
So it's not a problem if your participation is sporadic. That's perfectly fine. 👍

The points system is set up so that drivers get more points in races with more drivers... so it tends to even out.
It's a sort of flat points system rather than by position.

So if 10 cars are in the race. 1st place gets 10. last place always gets 1 point.
I do this for 3 reasons:

It's easier for me to add up the points quickly. :lol: :dunce:
You get twice as many points for coming in next to last, than last (last gets 1, 2nd to last gets 2!) 💡 So it should encourage battles at the back of the grid, and discourage peeps from giving up when they fall to last place

It means that people in the middle & up front are getting more points if there are more cars in the race. So that if for 4 races there are only 7 drivers, 1st place is getting 7 points. If 5 more people join halfway through so there are 12 cars in the races, 1st place is then getting 12 points! :D So it's conceivable that even late joiners who miss some of the races, could be competing for points as well.
💡
And it's definitely worked out that way at times, where people joining halfway through have gotten on the points podium. :) So it benefits people participating in all the races to participate in all the races, but it also doesn't really hurt the chances as much for people for joining late or having to leave early. 👍

But you don't even have to bother with that at all. You can just join in, and have fun. 👍
If someone can only do 1 or 2 races, that's fine. Just glad to get a bunch of cars on track so we get lots of cars in play & have good close racing - which is what matters the most.

Everyone has seen the new car lists, right?

We'll be using the Vintage Cars list this week... and won't be using the Low Power Cars list until next week, so you have some time with that. 👍
Most of the vintage cars you'll already have from the Vintage Road Cars & Vintage Sports Cars lists if you purchased them before...

Vintage Cars

Note: pending changes to order
  • Nissan Skyline 2000GT-B (S54A) '67
  • Alfa Romeo Spider 1600 Duetto '66
  • Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79
  • Marcos Mini Marcos GT '70
  • Honda 1300 Coupe 9 S '70
  • Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale '63
  • Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
  • BMW 507 '57
  • Nissan Fairlady Z 280Z-L 2seater (S130) '78
  • Mazda Cosmo Sport (L10A) '67
  • Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
  • Volkswagen Golf I GTI '76
  • Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) '68
  • Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Comfort Soft Tires

You can get this entire fleet:
under 450,000 credits with just oil changes
under 550,000 credits with oil changes & custom paint

Low Power Cars

Note: pending changes to order
  • Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88
  • Nissan PAO '89
  • Ford Ka '01
  • Suzuki WAGON R RR '98
  • Nissan SKYLINE Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) '62
  • Nissan Be-1 '87
  • Mazda Autozam AZ-1 '92
  • Daihatsu MOVE SR-XX 4WD '97
  • Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08
  • Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
  • Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02
  • Toyota Yaris F (J) '99
  • Honda S800 '66
  • Triumph Spitfire 1500 74
  • Nissan CUBE EX (FF/CVT) '02
  • Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) '91
Comfort Soft Tires

You can get this entire fleet:
under 600,000 credits with just oil changes
under 700,000 credits with oil changes & custom paint

And the schedules & itineraries are in Post #2:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-periodic-single-events.293390/#post-9071859

Welcome to everybody... And I hope to be seeing more people who have not popped into the thread yet to confirm.

and a copy of that days car list is HIGHLY recommended!.

Yes, strongly encouraged. :)
Part of the process is that you figure out your own car based on your previous results.
AND you are expected to also check the person who finished ahead of you in the last race, to see if they're in the correct car. (1st place checks last place.)
So have the list printed out, on your tablet screen or whatever, or written down on a piece of paper in front of you.

I will be posting the finalized list of vintage cars IN THE CORRECT ORDER, probably by sometime tomorrow.
So you can hold off on writing it down until I have the finalized list.

The Low Power list may be a couple of more days, as there's still testing being done.

Back