MMX World Tour - Round 1

• Thread starter CarBastard
  • 178 comments
Colombia
Bogota,Colombia
GTP_ARP93
ROUNDHEADER.jpg

GTPlanet MMX World Tour Challenge by Carbastard.

ROUND 1:

EIGER1MMX-1.jpg

Eiger Nordwand, Normal and Reverse courses.

EIGERLOGO-2.jpg

Logo by: Sjaak68

Race Details:
Mode: Arcade: Time trial
Game Spec: Spec III
Physics: Professional
Track: Eiger Nordwand (Layout depends on your tier)
Car: Depends on tier.

Rules:
*Lap must be clean, No wall touches, 2 wheels on track at all times (concrete area's and all hard underground is considered part of the track).
*G25 clutch is Prohibited.
*Driving aids are optional.
*Standard OLR rules.
*No Handbrake allowed.
*Runs can be done online of offline (Online is prefered).
*Real time adjustments are permitted.
*Only registered drivers are allowed to compete.
*You are allowed to discuss T1 and T2 times, but not T3 or total lap times. You can however discuss wether you are or not on the online rankings.

Save your best lap replay, everyone will need to submit there replay at the end of each round for verification.(replays will need to be posted (as soon as possible) within 48 hours after deadline, replays are to be posted in this thread.)

Standard Clean OLR:

*2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times.
*Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
*No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible.
*If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
*No cheating of any kind, nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.
(This includes conduct in the discussion thread. Administrators of this series reserve the right to suspend or expel racers from this race or series if these guidelines are breached - think before you post).
*Save your best lap/ghost replay.

Submitting:
*Submit to Carbastard via GTPlanet private message.
*You need to include your lap time and your GTP username, as well as the transmission used and controller type.
*You can only submit your time once per tier.
*The Deadline is 23:59 (GMT) 24th January
*Replay deadline is 23:59 (GMT) 26th January

Time Verification:
*Save your ghost replay.
*All Racers will be required to post their replay in this thread, before 48 hours.
after race finish time.
*Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results.
*If you unsure of how to submit a replay, see this page.

Tier Specific Rules:

TIER 1:

Vehicle Specifics :
*Make: Japan > Concept by PD.
*Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package Tuned by PD '07.
*Power: Stock.
*Weight: Stock.
*Drive Train: Four-Wheel Drive.
*Tires: S2/S2.

Track Specifics:
*Eiger Nordwand Reverse Course.
picture.php

Track Map by AMG.

Registered Racers:

*crazytortise
*LancerEvo7GSR
*maximumattack
*DGiant2000
*dranddad
*horde_r35
*Crispy74
*Ren831
*Captain Roh
*Blitz187
*lbsf1
*Worthy1066 (Late entry approved by other competitors).
*Live_Fr0m_NY (Late entry approved by other competitors).

TIER 2:

Vehicle Specifics :
*Make: Japan > Mitsubishi Motors.
*Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07.
*Power: Stock.
*Weight: Stock.
*Drive Train: Four-Wheel Drive.
*Tires: S2/S2.

Track Specifics:
Eiger Nordwand Forward Course.
picture.php

Track Map by AMG.

Registered Racers:

*LancerEvo7GSR
*TheStig13
*dranddad
*horde_r35
*Crispy74
*lbsf1
*MadMax86
*Live_Fr0m_NY (Late entry approved by other competitors).
*CarBastard

Points System:

Points System for Tier 1:
1st Place: 11 Points.
2nd Place: 9 Points.
3rd Place: 8 Points.
4th Place: 7 Points.
5th Place: 6 Points.
6th Place: 5 Points.
7th Place: 4 Points.
8th Place: 3 Points.
9th Place: 2 Points.
10th Place: 1 Points.

Points System for Tier 2:

1st Place: 10 Points.
2nd Place: 8 Points.
3rd Place: 7 Points.
4th Place: 6 Points.
5th Place: 5 Points.
6th Place: 4 Points.
7th Place: 3 Points.
8th Place: 2 Points.

Bonus Point System:

In order to encourage improvement, and to promote drivers and the GTP community in the world rankings, an extra championship point will be awarded to those who manage to break in the top 100 ranking for the track assigned to each round (In this case: Eiger). This rule applies for both tiers. In the interest of fairness, those that don't have an internet connection can also have this Bonus Point by beating the #100 time of the track, which we'll call "Bonus Target Time".

Leaderboards for both tiers are here:

Tier 1
Tier 2

Bonus Target Times:

Tier 1: 1'10.207
Tier 2: 1'13.659

Organizer comments:
Hi there folks. This is the first round of the MMX World Tour Challenge, a time-trial series that will go around the world trough all of GT5P tracks. We begin our quest in Switzerland, next to the marvelous Eiger alp, and from here on we'll go around the world in eastern direction crossing trough Japan, the U.S, and finally, the U.K. The intentions behind this "tournament" are above all, practice, sportsmanship, and camaraderie. Winning something should be just a little extra incentive to make you push your limits even more.

Antti-San
"There is no dishonor in losing the race. There is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose."

HAVE FUN!!!

EIGER2MMX-1.jpg

Last edited:
how do you post replays your link doesn't work.

(sorry this is my first championship)

how do you post replays your link doesn't work.

(sorry this is my first championship)

My bad, it has been fixed 👍.

EDIT: Notice for "GTP_ken_b", when you registered you didn't stated which tier you wanted to compete in. You registration is still valid, just tell me which tier(s) you're racing in 👍.

Last edited:
Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package '07.
Eiger Nordwand Forward Course.

Tier 2

T1 30.524

T2 52.400

Done online 👍

Phillip.

Last edited:
when I click on the link it tells me that you need to put a password in to axcess that part of the forums.

when I click on the link it tells me that you need to put a password in to axcess that part of the forums.

Same here, so can you please explain how to do this? I think its by USB but im not sure.

After you did the qualifier and you were notified that all was ok you will have had your GTP_Tag and division placement sent to you in a PM, there may have been a members password in that PM which allows you to enter the members only part of the forum.
If you do not have this password I would suggest you contact Admin again and ask if they would mind re-sending your members password again.

Phillip.

After you did the qualifier and you were notified that all was ok you will have had your GTP_Tag and division placement sent to you in a PM, there may have been a members password in that PM which allows you to enter the members only part of the forum.
If you do not have this password I would suggest you contact Admin again and ask if they would mind re-sending your members password again.

Phillip.

I only signed up for the registery yesterday so i have to wait for them to send me the thing back.

Ok thanks. Anyway i don't have to post it for another 2 weeks so it's ok.

:ouch: No handbrake :ouch: And I was under the target time to :lol: Oh well will try again. Using the DS at the moment and its pretty fun :D

Yes CT, I've just about scraped into the zone too.

I must be mad doing both, keeps me off the streets

Phillip

Hmmm, I'm doing something wrong in the first 2 turns before the tunnel, the ghost car always manages to pull away from me between the left turn and the turn at the end of the tunnel.

There's alot of delicate brake and steering work to be done in the switchbacks after the little bridge but I'm happy enough with my efforts there.

I'll watch a few replays then give it another shot. I knew my lap wasn't that good so didn't save the replay, I forgot I needed the split times, oops!!

Model: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR Premium Package Tuned by PD '07.
Eiger Nordwand Reverse Course.

Tier 1

T1 10.524

T2 29.554

Done online 👍

Phillip

Last edited:

Same here, so can you please explain how to do this? I think its by USB but im not sure.

My bad, I assumed that section wasn't locked since it was unlocked for me :dunce:. I'ts fixed (Sorry fo the double post here).

By the way, I hope you're enyoing it guys ;). Having any particular likes/dislikes with this combo?

Here is the quote from that thread on how to submit a replay:

Sphinx
Submitting A Replay For Verification:

1. Place USB drive into the USB slot on your PS3:
2. Go to the 'Saved Data Utility' folder and open:
3. Once opened you will see all your saved replays and game saves:
4. Scroll down to find the desired replay:
5. Press the triangle button to reveal the replays properties and select 'Copy':
6. Select your USB drive device as the copy destination:
7. Copying... Please Wait:
8. Copy Completed:
9. Open USB drive:
10. Right click the 'PS3' folder and got to 'Send To' and click 'Compressed (Zipped) Folder.

Thanks CarBastard

Best time so far is 1min15.963seconds lot of work to do then.

Ok, after another 50 laps I've managed to figure out the first two corners and been able to beat the Bonus Target Time 💡

I can still see room for improvement as my lap isn't the smoothest it could be, this is proving to be a good exercise of on the limit driving as any slight error in steering, braking or acceleration can be the difference of a tenth or two in your final lap time :P

This time I've saved my replay and I've been able to get some splits

T1 - 10.403
T2 - 29.468

Can't we discuss total times?

I'm not sure of Alejandro's take on this, however I would imagine (and hope) that like the WRS, we can only discuss splits to keep an air of mystery until the results are out. You can see some people's times however by looking at the online leaderboard.

Got a good time you want to tell us about Tony?? :lol:

I dont think the details say you can not discuss lap times, cant see it from what ive read, but maybe I missed it.

Sorry guys, that wasn't on the OP either. I'm fixing it.

As Andy said, you aren't allowed to discuss them to keep that little suspense. The online leaderboards can show them however, but that's just in the case of very good times.

Sorry guys, that wasn't on the OP either. I'm fixing it.

As Andy said, you aren't allowed to discuss them to keep that little suspense. The online leaderboards can show them however, but that's just in the case of very good times.

Thanks Alejandro.

I'll amend my splits to show done online, not offline.

Phillip.

Crap, I have to get cracking... going to have a few laps tonight and see if I still got it after being away for +/- 6 months...

I finally did a mediocre lap.

T1: 10.296

T2: 29.208

@Car Bastard:

Do we need to post the replay here even if our lap is viewable from the Rankings page?

Back