Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Shannon, you almost certainly know Moby's work, it's just that nobody has ever told you that it's him. His tracks get used for backing music a lot.
I've got his albums "Play" and "18", and they're very good. THey do have a sense of melancholy to them, which is interesting, but not always actually depressing.
And actually, it's only his more recent music that's been that way - he did the anthemic "Go" ages ago.
He's also something of a Bond fanatic, and remixed the Bond theme tune, with excellent results. Actually, film is a specialty of his, and I picked up his album "I Like to Score" - a collection of film tracks - recently. Little did I know he did two tracks in the movie "Heat". The first one is played as Pacino stops De Niro in his car, and invites him for coffee.
The second is the closing music.
I like him. He's good. He's a bit weird in interviews though.