[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,789 comments
Update: Added saves with all regions

All four sets are in each region's zip file. Let me know if you run into any issues so I can fix stuff.

All saves are Day 1 - 10,000 Cr - All Gold Licenses w/ Prize Cars

Set 1: Black Spoon S2000, Silver 3000GT, Black Del Sol, Black FTO
Set 2: Blue S2000, Gold 3000GT, Black Del Sol, Black FTO
Set 3: Silver S2000, Silver 3000GT, Red Del Sol, Green FTO
Set 4: Black S2000, Blue-Gray 3000GT, Red Del Sol, Black FTO
(Concept car/GT-ONE only have 1 color)

I made starter saves for GT2+ 6.1 with the prize car colors I like and without other progress.
I can make saves with any colors/options people want, but here's the options I made for my personal use that I'm sharing.
sir_racealot has a 6.1 save I bumped on the previous post page with a white S2000, Silver 3000GT, Red Del Sol, and Black FTO. It also starts you off with over 500K Cr but I prefer a fresh start since building up used cars at the beginning is a lot of the fun for me.

~Good luck and have fun! And big thanks to pez2k for your work on this mod, it's been fun playing again.

Attachments

• [US] Gold Licenses + Prize Cars Starter Saves.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 50
  • [PAL] Gold Licenses + Prize Cars Starter Saves.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 34
  • [JP] Gold Licenses + Prize Cars Starter Saves.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Personally, my favorite license prize colors are yellow for the 3000GT (If I can't get the white color Plus adds), red for the Del Sol and green for the FTO. Though I don't mind the black FTO either. And I'll take any color for the S2000.

Personally, my favorite license prize colors are yellow for the 3000GT (If I can't get the white color Plus adds), red for the Del Sol and green for the FTO. Though I don't mind the black FTO either. And I'll take any color for the S2000.
WAIT A MINUTE, you just made me realize there's 2 different Silver-colored 3000GT's, my first save has the white/silver color not the blueish gray color. I was wondering why it didn't look like I remember.

Not sure if you want or not EpicB, but I could make a starter save with those colors. If anyone needs a save just let me know and I'll get it done pretty quick if I'm around, I'm planning on sinking a ton of hours into this like old times lol. Edit: Added them anyways.

Last edited:
WAIT A MINUTE, you just made me realize there's 2 different Silver-colored 3000GT's, my first save has the white/silver color not the blueish gray color. I was wondering why it didn't look like I remember.

Not sure if you want or not EpicB, but I could make a starter save with those colors. If anyone needs a save just let me know and I'll get it done pretty quick if I'm around, I'm planning on sinking a ton of hours into this like old times lol. Edit: Added them anyways.
No thanks, I'm good enough to get gold licenses myself.

Yep, the demo versions of GT1 had a third colour for some of the racecars before they were trimmed down to two for the retail release, and I've added them back in where appropriate. The light silver GTO LM is most likely just the un-coloured base texture that PD used to make the car originally, but it looks decent so it's in the mod for some variety.

@ pez2k I may have found an oversight unless this was intentional. According to adeyblue's GT2 info dump the Used Car Cycle (USA list here: https://gt2.airesoft.co.uk/usa/usedcars0.html) shows Days 60-70 should have a Black Toyota 2000GT '68 at the bottom of the list but it's not there?

Hmm, I'm not sure if I need to use gameshark* or if there's another way to get one?

***Edit: I used a gameshark code for NTSC-U v1.2. This adds the 2000GT to the first slot in the Toyota dealer's New Car section. (Important note: It should cost 116,000Cr If it costs 0 Cr don't click on it, it will crash your game. Always save your game before using any Gameshark codes you've never used before.)

D01C353C 0000D5D8
801C3328 00003458
D01C353C 0000D5D8
801C332A 00001E0C

Last edited:
According to adeyblue's GT2 info dump the Used Car Cycle (USA list here: https://gt2.airesoft.co.uk/usa/usedcars0.html) shows Days 60-70 should have a Black Toyota 2000GT '68 at the bottom of the list but it's not there?

There are two 2000GTs in the game, one which can be race modified into an Esso livery, and one which can be race modified into an Exxon livery. Normally the Esso version shows up in the PAL and JP versions, and the Exxon version in the US version (due to trademark issues). For some reason, the two variants appear at different times in the used car list, despite only one of them ever being allowed to be shown, and adey's list includes both variants.

The downloadable version of adey's site makes it a bit easier to tell the two apart, with the hidden Esso version linking to a page named 1E0C3458.html and the visible Exxon version to 1E0C3498.html. The black car on day 60 is the hidden Esso version.

I've switched the US version over to use the Esso version of the car for consistency, and to match the real livery that it's based on (and save a bit of space for new content), but swapped all of the entries over so it still shows up when expected.

Last edited:
Wow, that's tough. So I guess the only unfortunate trade-off is there's no used black 2000GT in the used cars now? At least that's a damn good reason since you almost always want to upgrade to the racing mod anyways so it doesn't really matter in the end.

So theoretically could both liveries be in the game but you couldn't tell the two 2000GT's apart until after you racing modded them?

Edit: So I looked up pictures, you can see how the liveries aren't much different at all. I was confused a bit until after I saw them. Makes sense why you made that decision now.

Last edited:
Wow, that's tough. So I guess the only unfortunate trade-off is there's no used black 2000GT in the used cars now?

It still shows up in black on days 280, 550, and 570 like it always did in the US version - my point is that adey's list includes a hidden version of the car that never shows up in either the original game or the mod, and the day 60 appearance is one of those.

That list can be a bit confusing, but it's a direct data dump from the game rather than being sanitised, and the flags which control the hiding of cars hadn't been figured out yet back then and so weren't taken into account. For the same reason, lots of opponents are listed on his race list that can never appear either.

That list can be a bit confusing, but it's a direct data dump from the game rather than being sanitised, and the flags which control the hiding of cars hadn't been figured out yet back then and so weren't taken into account. For the same reason, lots of opponents are listed on his race list that can never appear either.
Is this why there are some cars that never show up as AI cars in the game?

Is this why there are some cars that never show up as AI cars in the game?

If you mean why there are opponents set up and on the list that never appear, like Vauxhalls / Opels / Acuras, then yes, that's region flags in action. If you mean why certain cars never show up at all and aren't on the list, then no, they were just never set up to be opponents.

I beleive the mod @submaniac93 is working on will create scenarios where all the cars can appear as opponents at various points, even if it is just in the event generator races at the end of the GT League.

There are some cars I'd have liked to have raced against that never show up, the race modded Speed 12 would be perfect to appear in the GT All Stars or the GT World Championship for example.

In terms of mod progress, recently I've been working on the backlog of fixes to add, so here's a little focus on a few art bugs I've been sorting out.

First up, the Celica XX had some really terrible texture mapping, such as a small texture massively stretched across the whole spoiler, a black bar trying to cover up the mirrored text on it, too-small taillights, out-of-place side windows, and wing mirrors with UV mapping so misplaced that they were smaller and squarer than intended. Fortunately there was enough space on the texture for an unmirrored spoiler, then the rest was all UV mapping fixes. Here's a before and after GIF:

celicaxx.gif

Next up is one that's actually pretty blatant once you see it - the 1997 Pajero Mini has a couple of big holes in the front of the model, and some warping on the texture above it. Again, just a UV mapping fix:

pajeromini.gif

Finally, both the Opel and Vauxhall versions of the Calibra DTM have their headlights shrunk down to little slivers at night, with a hole below them (and the lights themselves clipped and asymmetrical). That's sorted now too:

calibralights.gif

I've fixed some other minor issues on various cars too, like incorrect thumbnail colours, little bits of trim going missing at night, even some bright red pixels on the front of the blue and white Starlet RM that were very out of place. The above three are the most photogenic though!

I beleive the mod @submaniac93 is working on will create scenarios where all the cars can appear as opponents at various points, even if it is just in the event generator races at the end of the GT League.

There are some cars I'd have liked to have raced against that never show up, the race modded Speed 12 would be perfect to appear in the GT All Stars or the GT World Championship for example.
Yeah, there are a lot of cars unused by the AI that could easily be used somewhere.

In terms of mod progress, recently I've been working on the backlog of fixes to add, so here's a little focus on a few art bugs I've been sorting out.

First up, the Celica XX had some really terrible texture mapping, such as a small texture massively stretched across the whole spoiler, a black bar trying to cover up the mirrored text on it, too-small taillights, out-of-place side windows, and wing mirrors with UV mapping so misplaced that they were smaller and squarer than intended. Fortunately there was enough space on the texture for an unmirrored spoiler, then the rest was all UV mapping fixes. Here's a before and after GIF:

celicaxx.gif

Next up is one that's actually pretty blatant once you see it - the 1997 Pajero Mini has a couple of big holes in the front of the model, and some warping on the texture above it. Again, just a UV mapping fix:

pajeromini.gif

Finally, both the Opel and Vauxhall versions of the Calibra DTM have their headlights shrunk down to little slivers at night, with a hole below them (and the lights themselves clipped and asymmetrical). That's sorted now too:

calibralights.gif

I've fixed some other minor issues on various cars too, like incorrect thumbnail colours, little bits of trim going missing at night, even some bright red pixels on the front of the blue and white Starlet RM that were very out of place. The above three are the most photogenic though!
this is going to be on the next version of the patch i assume? :)

I made some starter saves for GT2+ 6.1 (NTSC-U v1.2) with the prize car colors I like the best and zero other progress.
I can make saves with whatever colors/options people want, but here's a few options I made for my personal use that I'm sharing.

All are Day 1 - 10,000 Cr - All Gold Licenses - All License Prize Cars

Prize car set 1: Black Spoon S2000, White/Silver 3000GT, Black Del Sol, and a Black FTO. (Concept car/GT-ONE only have 1 color)
Set 2: Blue S2000, Gold 3000GT, Black Del Sol, and Black FTO.
Set 3: Silver S2000, White/Silver 3000GT, Red Del Sol, and Green FTO.

sir_racealot has a 6.1 save I bumped on the previous post page with a white S2000, Silver 3000GT, Red Del Sol, and Black FTO. It also starts you off with over 500K Cr but I prefer a fresh start since building up used cars at the beginning is a lot of the fun for me.

Good luck and have fun! And big thanks to pez2k for your work on this mod, it's been fun playing again.
Edit: I'll add more saves as they come recommended.
Any chance to get this savegames for the Europe version? Thanks.

this is going to be on the next version of the patch i assume? :)

Yep, generally any fixes I show here are progress updates on what will be in the next version, if all goes well.

It's an undocumented tweak, but GT2+ saves are identical between regions, so changing the save header to the PAL game code and region with a tool like MemcardRex will most likely work.

Yep, generally any fixes I show here are progress updates on what will be in the next version, if all goes well.

It's an undocumented tweak, but GT2+ saves are identical between regions, so changing the save header to the PAL game code and region with a tool like MemcardRex will most likely work.
awesome, thanks for your work

No problem, I should have done all regions to begin with, but here we are. haha

All four sets are in each region's zip file. Just let me know if you run into any issues.

Set 1: Black Spoon S2000, Silver 3000GT, Black Del Sol, Black FTO
Set 2: Blue S2000, Gold 3000GT, Black Del Sol, Black FTO
Set 3: Silver S2000, Silver 3000GT, Red Del Sol, Green FTO
Set 4: Black S2000, Blue-Gray 3000GT, Red Del Sol, Black FTO
(Concept car/GT-ONE only have 1 color)

Attachments

• [US] Gold Licenses + Prize Cars Starter Saves.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 22
  • [PAL] Gold Licenses + Prize Cars Starter Saves.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 14
  • [JP] Gold Licenses + Prize Cars Starter Saves.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
No problem, I should have done all regions to begin with, but here we are. hahaha

All four sets are in each region's zip file. Just let me know if you run into any issues.

Set 1: Black Spoon S2000, White/Silver 3000GT, Black Del Sol, and a Black FTO. (Concept car/GT-ONE only have 1 color)
Set 2: Blue S2000, Gold 3000GT, Black Del Sol, and Black FTO.
Set 3: Silver S2000, White/Silver 3000GT, Red Del Sol, and Green FTO.
Set 4: Black S2000, Blue/Gray 3000GT, Red Del Sol, and Black FTO.
thank you!

Hey folks, would anyone have a lap modifier cheat that works with GT2 Plus? I'm using the NTSC-U 1.2 version and know GT2 plus is meant to work with all the NTSC-U 1.2 codes (at least I think I read it somewhere), however the codes I used to use for the same version don't work anymore and neither do any of the lap modifier codes I find on Xenn's thread or Pupik's GT2 spot work either. Only other codes I'm using are a range of Silent's codes for stuff like 60fps and the Rome 2 Hour endurance tweak, is it possible there's some sort of conflict?

Best of luck with the rest of the mod, fantastic work!

Hey folks, would anyone have a lap modifier cheat that works with GT2 Plus? I'm using the NTSC-U 1.2 version and know GT2 plus is meant to work with all the NTSC-U 1.2 codes (at least I think I read it somewhere), however the codes I used to use for the same version don't work anymore and neither do any of the lap modifier codes I find on Xenn's thread or Pupik's GT2 spot work either. Only other codes I'm using are a range of Silent's codes for stuff like 60fps and the Rome 2 Hour endurance tweak, is it possible there's some sort of conflict?

It all depends on the emulator you are using. Codes for DuckStation do not work at all on other emulators. And codes for other emulators are not always compatible with DS.

Hey @noiceinmydrin I might have a solution for you here if you haven't already tried it. This website translates GT2 codes for different versions of the game, try putting in your code and converting it to NTSC-U 1.2. Might need to do some playing around, but it has fixed a lot of older codes from those websites in my experience. https://toxs.net/~gt2toxs/gt/translator/gt2codetr.html

Here is a "quick win" code I converted. Sets the race to lap 2/2. The last 4 digits on the second line are the modifiers I believe. I've never really messed with it before.
A60A9CBC 0002
801D586A 0200

Last edited:
Thank you both for replying - unsuprisingly the problem was indeed on my end, basically had to swap a digit around and it works perfectly.

For future reference, here is the code that worked for me;

301D586B 000000XX

Replace XX with the number of laps you wish to complete.

Only thing I'd love to do now is enable tyre wear for some of the longer races, however it looks a bit more complex than a simple gameshark code! I believe it's something submaniac is working on in his 2.1 mod, would love to know if it's a possibility.

Wow you did a mega job on fixing, improving Gran Turismo 2!
Thank you for all of that and to keep the game better than it was when I was a child!

You should send directly to Yamauchi-San^^.

On question, it would be usable on a crack ps1? I mean to put your content into the original game and put it on Disc and playing on PS1 like old days of cracking?
I'd like to make a present to my big brother

Wow you did a mega job on fixing, improving Gran Turismo 2!
Thank you for all of that and to keep the game better than it was when I was a child!

You should send directly to Yamauchi-San^^.

On question, it would be usable on a crack ps1? I mean to put your content into the original game and put it on Disc and playing on PS1 like old days of cracking?
I'd like to make a present to my big brother
It should work on a modded console. The FAQ says it has been tested on native hardware.

Back