[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,813 comments
Were you using any cheats? Because i've never had that happen to me 🤔
And i don't think pez2k edited the file that may cause this legitimately for GT2+

Were you using any cheats? Because i've never had that happen to me 🤔
And i don't think pez2k edited the file that may cause this legitimately for GT2+
I have never used cheats and don't even know how to use them correctly))) I was surprised myself when I saw it. Yes, this has never happened to me either. But it happened)

Apologies if this has already been done/asked for, but would it be possible to transfer the Sard Supra LM racing modification skin and model of the Toyota Supra RZ'95 from Gran Turismo 1, over to the racing modification of Gran Turismo 2's own Supra RZ'95? The interest of it being, of course, that the 95 Supra LM did race in Le Mans and in almost unchanged form (outwardly, at least) in the JGTC, whereas the racing modification of that same model in GT2 is fictitious.
Just a thought, thank you for your work.

Apologies if this has already been done/asked for, but would it be possible to transfer the Sard Supra LM racing modification skin and model of the Toyota Supra RZ'95 from Gran Turismo 1, over to the racing modification of Gran Turismo 2's own Supra RZ'95?

Depending on how much space is left after I'm done adding all of the cars that can be restored, I certainly may port over some unique GT1 RMs, and if so the SARD one would be top of the list. The only problem is that it takes nearly as much work as porting over a whole car - tools automate the file format change, but it needs manual fixing for things like a GT2-style shadow and proper wheel positioning.

Depending on how much space is left after I'm done adding all of the cars that can be restored, I certainly may port over some unique GT1 RMs, and if so the SARD one would be top of the list. The only problem is that it takes nearly as much work as porting over a whole car - tools automate the file format change, but it needs manual fixing for things like a GT2-style shadow and proper wheel positioning.
Thanks for the enlightening reply(ies)! Glad to hear it's not such a bad idea, I was a bit afraid of being a tad too nerdy :)

Last edited:
I'll just patiently wait for the 1996 Mitsubishi GTO RM (One in green and purple or even cherry red) so I can have it's textures and model and convert it to other games, perhaps.

I'll just patiently wait for the 1996 Mitsubishi GTO RM (One in green and purple or even cherry red) so I can have it's textures and model and convert it to other games, perhaps.

Why not just... rip it from GT1 then? I don't see why it would need to be converted to GT2 first.

How do I do that? Apologies for my dumb yet ignorant question.

GT2ModelTool will convert GT1 models to OBJ exactly as it does GT2 models. It's the only way I know of to get proper exports of GT2 models too, with normals, the shadow, and so on (that's half the reason I wrote it).

Don't worry about nerdiness - this is after all a mod that, for example, tweaks exactly how tall a Daihatsu Move is listed as being. Nerdiness was there from the start!
As it should do! Statistics and pedantry matter!

If it's GT2+ then it should improve in every aspect of accuracy. Nerds ftw!

Last edited:
GT2ModelTool will convert GT1 models to OBJ exactly as it does GT2 models. It's the only way I know of to get proper exports of GT2 models too, with normals, the shadow, and so on (that's half the reason I wrote it).
Ok, cool. And how do I use the tool? I got it downloaded.

people needed to share this news It turns out that
1)
In Gran Turismo 2 Japanese version there is the Exxon logo on some models:

2) and in Gran Turismo 4 there is a Toyota Supra Esso ultrafluor, which in the Ntcs (Usa) version was eliminated, there is a link that explains why

Whoa there. Edit your posts instead of adding more when you want to correct stuff please, especially on long posts like this ^^'

Also thanks for the sentiment, but we already are well aware, especially in the modding thread, and... well it has nothing to do with GT2plus so it's a bit off-topic. But yeah Esso-Exxon was a thing in GT2

Looks to be a glitch with the headlights, though why it is being posted here, I am not entirely sure. Maybe it's an issue with the mod he's trying to report on?

It's showing swapped day and night models. A bit more context on why that is happening would be welcome however.
This happens in the Synthesizer championship. The first track was daytime. At the next stage, I started test run, the track was at night, and the skin of the car remained daytime. During the race, everything was fixed. After the night route, the daytime one started again. And again, the error in test run is a night skin from the previous route. And again, during the race, everything was corrected. I suppose this is not the mod's problem, but the test run itself.

The Minica Pj name shouldn't be fully capitalized to PJ.

Do you have any source for that? It's a difficult one to research, as various places seem to have it capitalised or not, and I've not been able to find a photo of the badging on the car or a brochure with the name. You may well be right though.

Do you have any source for that? It's a difficult one to research, as various places seem to have it capitalised or not, and I've not been able to find a photo of the badging on the car or a brochure with the name. You may well be right though.
From the official brochure.
Maybe you had to search in Japanese to get better results, which is really difficult for non-Japanese people...
i-img1200x900-1645276648pbxoj5513958.jpg

Last edited:
Yo pez, dont know if you noticed.
The front grill of the Mini Rover 1.3 is all messed up when using the look back camera.

When watching it from the replay, the same happens but only from a distance.

Could you show us a screenshot? Cause i'm not sure i understand wat you're talking about, but i tink you might be talking about the LOD, which then would be quite normal since the resolution for the texture gets so low

Last edited:
Back