[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,813 comments
GT2 NTSC U/C v.1.0 has music cutting and thus the lyrics sound strange.
Of course, I know the lyrics to 'My Favourite Game' by heart, so, take that as you will.

Even still, I do like that the FMV of 1.0 ends with the song rather than the song fading out... :boggled:

for me the intro of v1.2 version doesn't beats v1.0 version because the sequence of the intro cinematics follow much the rhythm of the music of v1.0 version than music of v1.2 version

Thx Pez2k and rest of the ppl that helped for your great work, don't know if it's even fixable or not but there is a graphical error on some speedline rims and it applies on the rims on car, i mean it's not only the rim pictures.

IFpLBjG.jpg

What's the issue? I don't see it

The only wheels i know have an issue is the last set from Yokohama (white 6-spoke with a black ring). They have a transparency issue on the corners.

Last edited:
Sorry for the hassle submaniac didn't know about that and actually didn't even thought that it can be the trademark of the wheel, cannot unsee now, so weird.

First for all, many thanks for this awesome mod for this retro game GT2 finally for the NTSC regions, especially for the Chaser LM and NSX-R LM GT2 cars from GT1.:cheers:
However, there's another annoying bug related with rally races. When I select the 2nd race from Tahiti Maze in the Rally section the game crashes to black so the race doesn't load, and because of this I have to reset the console.
I'm playing a copy of the original (v1.0) NTSC-U edition with its proper patch and not any of its re-releases, so I'm not sure if it also happens on the remaining editions of this game.

First for all, many thanks for this awesome mod for this retro game GT2 finally for the NTSC regions, especially for the Chaser LM and NSX-R LM GT2 cars from GT1.:cheers:
However, there's another annoying bug related with rally races. When I select the 2nd race from Tahiti Maze in the Rally section the game crashes to black so the race doesn't load, and because of this I have to reset the console.
I'm playing a copy of the original (v1.0) NTSC-U edition with its proper patch and not any of its re-releases, so I'm not sure if it also happens on the remaining editions of this game.
Yeah, it's an known issue. It's related to the rally tire physics.

I'm really expecting for the final version of this great mod for GT2.
Now, a few suggestions for the beta 6 version of this mod. Can you incorporate these following cars to keep enhancing this mod?
  • The black [R] Toyota Castrol Supra GT as an independent/standalone car because the technical specifications are slightly different from the standard white one, at least on GT1, if it's possible. Soon I'll upload the captures to compare them.
  • The special colored Honda CR-X EF-8 SiR (another of the possible car prizes of the FF special challenge on GT1)
  • The special colored Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (another of the possible car prizes of the non-RM Hard Tuned Car special challenge on GT1).
Greetings.:cheers:

The Castrol Supra GT in black is completely identical to the white one in GT1, so no need for that. I believe pez has looked into the other 2 cars, i don't remember if they had to be cut because of the lack of space though.

I have proof in internal numbers that i compiled 2 years ago on this spreadsheet. I never completed it for road cars, but i have every race cars.
(Go to the second page "Every Cars and Stats", and scroll down to Toyota) I list stock, maximum power, tire sizes, gearbox ratios, stock suspension settings, engine torque curve values, part numbers and more. The first page is useful if you want to learn about the opposition in every event.

Last edited:
...When I select the second race from Tahiti Maze in the Rally section the game crashes to black so the race doesn't load, and because of this I have to reset the console...

Is this an issue on original hardware only?
Or, will it do this on an emulator as well?

Addendum: Tried it via emulator and the issue is not present.
However, I am running the PAL patch, so that might be a non-issue.

Last edited:
Is this an issue on original hardware only?
Or, will it do this on an emulator as well?

Addendum: Tried it via emulator and the issue is not present.
However, I am running the PAL patch, so that might be a non-issue.

On the unpatched copy of the game said race works perfectly, so the problem was caused for the patch.

• The special colored Honda CR-X EF-8 SiR (another of the possible car prizes of the FF special challenge on GT1)
  • The special colored Toyota AE86 Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (another of the possible car prizes of the non-RM Hard Tuned Car special challenge on GT1).

I fully plan to include both, but unlike the other special colour cars, the CR-X and Trueno were completely remade for GT2 so I can't just port over the colours like I could for the other cars, they will need to be recreated from scratch. The same applies to the special colours for the Celica RM. GT1 also uses an incompatible layout for its wheel textures, so the CR-X will be missing its signature red wheels (and, in fact, all of the special colour cars in GT2+ are using the normal wheels instead of the aftermarket wheels they had in GT1 for that reason).

The WRX STi version III has been the hardest so far as that was partly remodelled, but it still had the bonnet and roof the same as GT1, whereas these others have literally nothing the same.

If GT1 had a special variant of the Fairlady Z or Mitsubishi GTO, then it would be a similar case, as those had their models remade as well (in GTO's case I actually prefer the older model, just like with the Imprezas)

Hello pez2k,when you release the patch fot beta 5 (unluckly i got the same bug on Tahiti Maze on 206 rally car race ;/),it gonna be possible to use the same save data or i need to restart from zero???

Last edited:
Oh i forget to say:Great job on this mod,i loved everything and is so much fun playng on NSX GT2/CLK Race Car and other color swaps xD

i hope too RainbowBlade i really suffered to get the first all first 4 gold licenses lol

Hello pez2k,when you release the patch fot beta 5 (unluckly i got the same bug on Tahiti Maze on 206 rally car race ;/),it gonna be possible to use the same save data or i need to restart from zero???

I won't be adding or removing any parts in the fix, so it should be compatible with beta 5 saves.

I found another bug, now with the car prizes. The Nissan Primera 2.0Tm S Selection one has the "default" RX-7 A-spec LM banner instead of the correct one.

Last edited:
I found anothe bug, now with the car prizes. The Nissan Primera 2.0Tm S Selection one has the "default" RX-7 A-spec LM banner instead of the correct one.

Thanks - this was reported elsewhere too and has now been fixed for beta 5.1, which I'm hoping will be ready for release some time today.

Right, here's beta 5.1 - no new content, just hotfixes for the (sometimes embarrassingly obvious!) bugs that have been reported with beta 5. Savegames from beta 5 should be compatible with 5.1.

The download is in the first post, and the fixes from beta 5 are below.

- Upgrades / Physics
All cars: Restore missing region-specific dirt tyre physics (JP / US only).

- Events
All dirt events: Fix ghost cars crashing into walls (JP / US only).

- Cars
Mazda Roadster RS D-Rights: Fix missing logo (JP only).
Nissan Primera 2.0Tm S Selection: Fix missing logo (JP / US only).
RUF CR4: Fix missing sounds for exhaust upgrades.
Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.0 16V RM: Fix missing logo.

- Events
Multiple events: Fix Toyota 2000GT, Toyota GT-One and Peugeot 406 opponents never appearing (US only).
Tahiti Maze race 2: Fix crash when entering event (US only).

I've also now put together a demo savegame for beta 5.1 - this is similar to the old alpha 4.1 demo save in that it contains many of the new cars, new colours, and cars that have been fixed or updated. Saves are provided for all three regions too. As with the mod itself, the download link is now in the first post of the thread.

Back