[Mod] Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta Enhanced

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 174 comments

Will it worth to make a third version with all of the Tourist Trophy courses and actual drag racing?

• Total voters
Italy
Varallo Pombia, Italy
Salva-the_gamer
0000.png

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/vVExPKnNTe
Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta Enhanced is a modification for the North American build of the Online version of Gran Turismo 4.
!!!VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

To play the Enhanced Mod, you MUST use the Online Public Beta build of the game (SCUS-97436), or the game will break. So, don't use the retail North American version, nor the Greatest Hits.
!!!WARNING!!!
Patches need to be installed one by one, like modern videogames, in this order
Version 1 -> Patch 1.01 -> Patch 2.00 -> Patch 3.00
Version 2 -> Patch 1.01 -> Patch 2.00 -> Patch 3.00
Version 3 -> Patch 3.00
To be cleaner, "Version" means the base Mod, "Patch" means the update. Version 3 have just one update due is based on the latest Version 1 and Version 2
It have the following content:
  • 2-Player Battle and Multi-LAN Race are enabled
  • Original, City and Dirt & Snow courses have swapped layouts. Forward is reverse and vice versa
  • Test Course is swapped with Las Vegas Drag Strip (Gran Turismo Mode Power & Speed Course)
  • Côte d'Azur is swapped with Fisco Slalom (IB-6 and IB-7 Licenses Course)
  • Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course, Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka Circuit West Course and Tsukuba Circuit are swapped with Tourist Trophy versions
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway are swapped with Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo and Circle Course (N-3 and N-4 License course from Tourist Trophy) respectively
  • Circuit de la Sarthe I and Circuit de la Sarthe II use their 24 Hours Endurance versions
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife is swapped with Gymkhana Maze (S License Coffee Break)
  • Tsukuba Circuit - WET is swapped with Gymkhana Super (IA License Coffee Break)
  • Fuji Speedway 90's is swapped with Test Course 200m (B-2 License Course)
  • Fuji Speedway 80's is swapped with Test Course 100m (B-1 License Course)
  • Fuji Speedway 2005 is swapped with Test Course 500m (B-6 License Course)
  • Fuji Speedway 2005 GT is swapped with Test Course 1000m (B-7 License Course)
  • Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course is swapped with Gymkhana (B License Coffee Break)
  • Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course is swapped with Gymkhana Free (Gran Turismo Mode Driving Park Course)
  • Twin Ring Motegi - East Short Course is swapped with Gymkhana Spiral (A License Coffee Break)
  • Twin Ring Motegi - West Short Course is swapped with Signal 5 (E-3 License course from Tourist Trophy)
  • Suzuka East Course is swapped with Signal (J-3 License course from Tourist Trophy)
  • License and other special courses are present just for fun in Online mode
  • Added car: Mazda MX-5 '05 from the MX-5 Demo. Fully working and usable
  • GT Auto: all cars can enter GT Auto, including special cars like the Formula Gran Turismo and perform all services including Wheel Shop and Wing Shop
  • All cars present in dealerships can be bought, including the ones with no price and all cars can enter races, including special cars like Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37, where no course restrictions are present too, and the Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car '04 have an actual HUD now and cars with special colors can be used normally in both Arcade and Gran Turismo Modes, where is also possible to buy these from dealerships. Lastly, all special cars can be driven in races also in Arcade Mode
Same as Version 1, but with these differences:
  • Test Course is swapped with Fish Market (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Côte d'Azur is swapped with Tsumago (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Circuit de la Sarthe I is swapped with Togakushi Highlands (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Circuit de la Sarthe II is swapped with Times Square (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife is swapped with Brooklin (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Tsukuba Circuit - WET is swapped with Marunouchi (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Fuji Speedway 90's is swapped with Las Vegas (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Fuji Speedway 80's is swapped with Gion (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Fuji Speedway 2005 is swapped with Grand Canyon (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Fuji Speedway 2005 GT is swapped with Beacon Hill (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course is swapped Nanzenji Temple (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course is swapped with Ponte di Rialto (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Twin Ring Motegi - East Short Course is swapped with Sagano (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Twin Ring Motegi - West Short Course is swapped Piazza San Marco (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Suzuka East Course is swapped with Shibuya (Gran Turismo Mode Photo Travel Location)
  • Photomode Location courses are present just for fun in Online mode
Same as Version 1, but with these differences:
  • All courses from Tourist Trophy replace Gran Turismo 4 ones
  • Fuji Speedway 2005 GT and Test Course are swapped with Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo and Circle Course respctively
  • Infineon Raceway - Sports Car Course, Suzuka Circuit, Suzuka Circuit West Course and Tsukuba Circuit are swapped with Tourist Trophy versions
  • Opera Paris and Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course are swapped with Grand Valley Speedway - Signal and Grand Valley Speedway - Signal 5 respctively
PATCH 3.00
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 now reflects Arcade Mode listing in Gran Turismo Mode
  • The Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 can be won in all colors now (thanks to Hatersbby)
  • Mugen, NISMO and TRD have their own dealership in Tuner Village and removed them from Tuning Shops of Honda, Nissan and Toyota respectively (Full Model)
PATCH 2.00
  • Added Citta di Aria in Single Race in Arcade Mode (previously restricted to Time Attack and 2P Battle Modes)
  • All courses are available in 2P Battle Mode in Arcade Mode
  • All courses support six car races (Rally and other special courses)
  • Added missing Arcade Mode car list entries (Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37, Ford GT (No Stripe) '05, SILEIGTHY '98, Mazda MX-5 '05 and Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05)
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 can now enter in the NR-A Roadster Cup One-make Race
  • The SILEIGTHY '98 have Nissan as manufacturer now
  • MINI has moved to German Dealership
  • Acura has moved to USA Dealership
  • Lexus has moved to Japan Dealership
  • All dealership changes reflect both Arcade and Gran Turismo Modes and garage listing
PATCH 1.01
  • Removed the restriction for the "OpenModel 2" cars, aka "Special cars". Now can be used in Gran Turismo Mode outside of Time Trials. Earlier only the GT Auto restriction was removed (thanks to Hatersbby)
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 now can be acquired normally from the Mazda dealership (thanks to TheAdmeister) and normally available in Arcade Mode
  • New starter save, now contain also all licenses with gold medals
MOD 1.pngMOD 2.pngMOD 7.pngMOD 6.pngMOD 5.pngMOD 4.pngMOD 3.pngMOD 8.png
1.01 PATCH
1.01 1.png1.01 3.png1.01 2.png
2.00 PATCH
2.00 1.png2.00 2.png2.00 3.png2.00 9.png2.00 10.pngezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
3.00 PATCH
3.00 1.png3.00 2.png
  • 1UP and K3rber0s for the Gran Turismo 4 Online server
  • Hatersbby for the Special cars and Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 notes
  • Nenkai for the GT SpecDB Editor
  • Nenkai, pez2k and Razer2015/Razerman/xfileFIN for GT4FS
  • Silent for the no interlace codes
  • TheAdmeister for the discovery of the Mazda MX-5 '05 data in Online builds and the edited .ADC for obtain legitimately it from the Mazda dealership
  • Who made the Online Enabler Patch
  • You for playing this mod!
19/04/2022 - Version 1 released
20/04/2022 - Version 2 released
09/07/2022 - Patch 1.01 released
13/07/2022 - Patch 2.00 released
15/07/2022 - Version 3 released
27/07/2022 - Patch 3.00 released
VERSION 1
VERSION 2

VERSION 3

Don't forget to read the "Read Me.txt" file!
INSTALLATION GUIDE:
A big shootout to the YouTube user "Rik Katt", that made a video tutorial for the Mod's install!

SAMPLE VIDEO

Last edited:
Is there a way to add printing support back into gt4 online since polyphony for some reason removed it?

Trying to print something with a compatible printer crashes gt4 online, crashes trying to open the dialog box.

Last edited:
Is there a way to add printing support back into gt4 online since polyphony for some reason removed it?

Trying to print something with a compatible printer crashes gt4 online, crashes trying to open the dialog box.
Never used this feature in any GT4 version, I can't help here

Is there any codes that you can buy any cars for free and all colors are available? like in the final version of Gran Turismo 4.

The buy any car thing is already possible, for the ones that appears in dealerships. For infinite credits just use any cheat device

!!!UPDATE!!!​

PATCH 1.01 RELEASED FOR BOTH VERSIONS​

CHANGED AND ADDED CONTENT​

• Removed the restriction for the "OpenModel 2" cars, aka "Special cars". Now can be used in Gran Turismo Mode outside of Time Trials. Earlier only the GT Auto restriction was removed (thanks to Hatersbby)
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 now can be acquired normally from the Mazda dealership (thanks to TheAdmeister) and normally available in Arcade Mode
  • New starter save, now contain also all licenses with gold medals

Version 1
Version 2

Last edited:

!!!UPDATE!!!​

PATCH 2.00 RELEASED FOR BOTH VERSIONS​

• Added Citta di Aria in Single Race in Arcade Mode (previously restricted to Time Attack and 2P Battle Modes)
  • All courses are available in 2P Battle Mode in Arcade Mode
  • All courses support six car races (Rally and other special courses)
  • Added missing Arcade Mode car list entries (Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37, Ford GT (No Stripe) '05, SILEIGTHY '98, Mazda MX-5 '05 and Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05)
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 can now enter in the NR-A Roadster Cup One-make Race
  • The SILEIGTHY '98 have Nissan as manufacturer now
  • MINI has moved to German Dealership
  • Acura has moved to USA Dealership
  • Lexus has moved to Japan Dealership
  • All dealership changes reflect both Arcade and Gran Turismo Modes and garage listing

Version 1
Version 2

Last edited:

!!!UPDATE!!!​

VERSION 3 RELEASED​

The Version 3, replace all courses with Tourist Trophy variations. Also, it carries both Patch 1.01 and Patch 2.00 changes

FEATURES​

• All changes from Version 1 and Version 2, plus all additional ones from Patch 1.01 and Patch 2.00
  • All courses from Tourist Trophy replace Gran Turismo 4 ones
  • Fuji Speedway 2005 GT and Test Course are swapped with Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo and Circle Course respctively
  • Opera Paris and Infineon Raceway - Stock Car Course are swapped with Grand Valley Speedway - Signal and Grand Valley Speedway - Signal 5 respctively

Version 3

MINI has moved to German Dealership
This is something that quite annoys me, in other games as well, such as modern GT. Bugatti, Rolls Royce and multiple others are also German (Bugatti at one point being Italian) yet are classified as their home countries in the games that include them. Mini is a British brand that has the country literally in the design of the cars (the Union Jack in the tail lights on modern Minis), but the icing on the cake is when it classifies the original BAC Minis as German, which is just insulting. Personally I'd move it back.

This is something that quite annoys me, in other games as well, such as modern GT. Bugatti, Rolls Royce and multiple others are also German (Bugatti at one point being Italian) yet are classified as their home countries in the games that include them. Mini is a British brand that has the country literally in the design of the cars (the Union Jack in the tail lights on modern Minis), but the icing on the cake is when it classifies the original BAC Minis as German, which is just insulting. Personally I'd move it back.
I can't disagree with that. You're totally right, isn't cool to see manufacturers from own country that was owned by others and "by consequence" change also their original country. I made that just for "continuity" of the PS3 onwards era, but in this case, more or less, is also "ok", because the older Mini Cooper (the GT2 and GT3 one, then GT5 and GT6) is absent from International versions of GT4. Once will be figured how to add cars properly, I will re-add a Mini dealer to UK dealers.

Also, Rolls Royce AFAIK only Forza Motorsport 5 (and I think post Forza 5 Forza Horizon games) onwards had Rolls Royce cars, and is listed as an UK manufacturer also if is part of BMW like modern Mini.

Lastly, the original Bugatti was French, but the founder, Ettore Bugatti, was an Italian. Then Romano Artioli acquired it, becoming Italian and lastly was acquired by the Volkswagen Group (that I think is still so)

Last edited:

!!!UPDATE!!!​

PATCH 3.00 RELEASED FOR ALL VERSIONS​

• The Mazda RX-8 Concept (Type-II) '01 can be won in all colors now (thanks to Hatersbby)
  • Mugen, NISMO and TRD have their own dealership in Tuner Village and removed them from Tuning Shops of Honda, Nissan and Toyota respectively (Full Model)

Version 1
Version 2
Version 3

There's 10 different download links, a bit confusing. Would you be to explain in the OP which to download and in what order?
Basically:
Version 1 -> Patch 1.01 -> Patch 2.00 -> Patch 3.00
Version 2 -> Patch 1.01 -> Patch 2.00 -> Patch 3.00
Version 3 -> Patch 3.00

I know that is confusing, is the cost to maintain three different versions haha
I also put the links in the OP on purpose yesterday

FOV Adjustment (R3+Up/Down D-Pad to adjust)
D0681344 0000FFEB
30200001 0023E814
D0681344 0000FFBB
30300001 0023E814
D0681344 0000FFF9
2023E814 3C013F80

GT3-ish loose cam
20205B84 3C013FE0

If you don't like this GT3 loose cam can just use silent's GT3 loose cam version

I you don't like this GT3 loose cam can just use silent's GT3 loose cam version
I just don't use any of these camera codes. The only code from Silent I use is the "auto start in 480p" one.
But thanks to have shared these, will be useful for many people

!!!UPDATE!!!​

PATCH 3.00 RELEASED FOR ALL VERSIONS​

Version 1
Version 2
Version 3
I tried to use Delta Patcher on GT4 Online on each version, I even unchecked the "Checksum validation", and I get an error. Also, I booted the patched game via PCSX2, only to be stuck on a black screen after passing by the copyright screen.

Attachments

• xdelta error.PNG
    xdelta error.PNG
    14.4 KB · Views: 69
I tried to use Delta Patcher on GT4 Online on each version, I even unchecked the "Checksum validation", and I get an error. Also, I booted the patched game via PCSX2, only to be stuck on a black screen after passing by the copyright screen.
Have you followed the passages from the OP? If you install a Patch without install a Version, this will happens, because the tool will search for edits that aren't made, resulting in an error. Also, be sure that are in order, like you are updating a modern GT game

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_101315.jpg
    IMG_20220813_101315.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 61
//Cockpit View X+R1+Up/Down ON/OFF
D0681344 0000B7EF
20240A84 00000000
D0681344 0000B7BF
20240A84 30420001

//Mirror X+R1+Up/Down ON/OFF
D0681344 0000B7EF
2023F598 24630000
D0681344 0000B7BF
2023F598 246300B8

//FOV Adjustment (X+Up/Down D-Pad to adjust) *For those steering wheel setup
D0681344 0000BFEF
30200001 0023E814
D0681344 0000BFBF
30300001 0023E814
D0681344 0000FFF9
2023E814 3C013F80

Have you followed the passages from the OP? If you install a Patch without install a Version, this will happens, because the tool will search for edits that aren't made, resulting in an error. Also, be sure that are in order, like you are updating a modern GT game
I did all of that, downloaded the base as well as the following patches, and got it working. Thank you!

Attachments

• xdelta works.PNG
    xdelta works.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 98
I did all of that, downloaded the base as well as the following patches, and got it working. Thank you!
Nice to hear that worked!
I know that is pretty confusing, but is the only way to update constantly (more or less) the mod. Currently working even at the Version 4, that will touch just the GT Mode. Oh, right, I should put that video update I made...

Are people playing this online? How big, or small, is the online multiplayer community for this mod?

Also, once you have it setup, does it work like a normal online mp game, where you can pick a lobby/server and join? Or is it more like a peer to peer, set up on 1-to-1 individual bases?

Are people playing this online? How big, or small, is the online multiplayer community for this mod?

Also, once you have it setup, does it work like a normal online mp game, where you can pick a lobby/server and join? Or is it more like a peer to peer, set up on 1-to-1 individual bases?
Yes, people are playing this online, is made on purpose. It will work as the normal game, just play with people that have it

Is it possible to increase the number of opponents in a race? I think that 6 cars per race is very poor. I don't know... maybe 10 or up to 16 racers running could be more acceptable in terms of race difficult. What do you think?

Is it possible to increase the number of opponents in a race? I think that 6 cars per race is very poor. I don't know... maybe 10 or up to 16 racers running could be more acceptable in terms of race difficult. What do you think?
Unfortunately GT4 is hardcoded to have max 6 car entries. Trying to increase it will not work, or game will break

Back