[Mod] Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta Enhanced

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 174 comments

Will it worth to make a third version with all of the Tourist Trophy courses and actual drag racing?

• Total voters
Hello, Is possibile to add mini 1.3 from japanese version and hyundai and lexus missing Cars from korean version ?
At the moment still not, but when will be possible everyone if course will do that

Have you ever thought in create a translation this version for other languages? If yes, a can help you translate to Brazilian Portuguese and other users can do the same for other languages. I just need the scripts and a way to edit them.

Have you ever thought in create a translation this version for other languages? If yes, a can help you translate to Brazilian Portuguese and other users can do the same for other languages. I just need the scripts and a way to edit them.
Honestly, I never thought to make that. Is pretty easy to translate to other languages, you can literally use the files from other versions, rename and put in the desired one, but further editing is absolutely possible, just use the tool made by Razer2015, the RText editor. You can absolutely take mine and translate to Brazilian Portuguese. The "problem" is that in these days I've started to edit these, and there's a lot to edit, so I don't want that you take the ones already available making your work useless, because once I've done will be tons of differences

Honestly, I never thought to make that. Is pretty easy to translate to other languages, you can literally use the files from other versions, rename and put in the desired one, but further editing is absolutely possible, just use the tool made by Razer2015, the RText editor. You can absolutely take mine and translate to Brazilian Portuguese. The "problem" is that in these days I've started to edit these, and there's a lot to edit, so I don't want that you take the ones already available making your work useless, because once I've done will be tons of differences
Then Is possibile to put english language in korean version of the game?

Then Is possibile to put english language in korean version of the game?
Yes, that could be possible
I've tried to make an English patch for the Japanese version, all worked, but some bits were broken. I assume that woth Korean will be the same, but is worth to try

Understood. What if you put these texts separated in a Github and we translate them using Pull requests. You will on control and we will translate only what you make availabe. Then you can make a tool that the player could mount a customized patch using the his choice language (portuguese, or spanish, or italian, or german and etc.). What do you think?

Understood. What if you put these texts separated in a Github and we translate them using Pull requests. You will on control and we will translate only what you make availabe. Then you can make a tool that the player could mount a customized patch using the his choice language (portuguese, or spanish, or italian, or german and etc.). What do you think?
This could be great, but I don't know at all how GitHub works... I might try once I've done all, so there will a base for every edit

Got versions 1 and 3 set up tonight, unfortunately I have to head to bed here but I'm going to have a blast trying this out tomorrow and will update this post with any feedback!
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve again 😄

Got versions 1 and 3 set up tonight, unfortunately I have to head to bed here but I'm going to have a blast trying this out tomorrow and will update this post with any feedback!
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve again 😄
Thank you for your feedback!
I really appreciate it!
Stay tuned, I'm working for a new release, but it will still take a lot of time, it will be huge!

Thank you for your feedback!
I really appreciate it!
Stay tuned, I'm working for a new release, but it will still take a lot of time, it will be huge!
Right on, if there's anything I can do to help - like testing things out in pcsx2 or stuff like that - by all means just let me know, I have time and this stuff really interests me.
I used to try to help @Xenn back in the day with testing things for GT1 and GT2.

Last edited:
I had v2 stashed for so long until now I see v3

Does this have everything I hope or I need to 1-2-3

Last edited:
Ok base mod is it because few kilobytes won't be it that for incremental

I tried both not-patched and DNAS-patched, so only Online Enabler Patch.xdelta won't checksum error but before or after on either Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta Enhanced 3.xdelta is checksum error

Hi, i can enter and play this version but, the server is always empty and i cant play time trials, is only my problem?
I think that nowadays are just a few that actually play online
There isn't a separate server, so is just an active players problem
For time trials you mean from Arcade Mode?

For time trials you mean from Arcade Mode?
Thanks for you reply, is a shame, i think is cause the people don't know the platform, time trials are inside the online mode like a few races like 3 or 4, one of these is like a time attack with a 350z and should be a time attack with leaderboard.

Thanks for you reply, is a shame, i think is cause the people don't know the platform, time trials are inside the online mode like a few races like 3 or 4, one of these is like a time attack with a 350z and should be a time attack with leaderboard.
Oh, understand
I actually never played any of the modes from Online. Yes, made the Mod for online mode, but never played it xD

Hi Sal, i tried the mod and it's really really cool, however i wanted to ask if you are planning to make a "vanilla style" version of it. Because while the it adds cool things like the MX5 NC and the 2 player split screen it also replace some good circuits with other questionable tracks (at least to my taste), like the circle track from Tourist Trophy that replace the Test Track etc... I Also think that the abilty to buy all the prize cars, change the wheels and spoilers to all cars should be optional. Another thing i belive should be untouched is the nationalty of certain brands. For exemple if you buy a Lexus and press L1 the cursor moves to the USA dealer but in the mod you moved it in the Japanese one so this shortcut become useless in this conditions.

If i may give you a feedback, i would only do these changes for the base version of the mod:
  • Add 2-Player Split screen and Multi-LAN Race modes,
  • Add Mazda MX-5 NC for career and arcade mode,
  • Remove course restrictions for special cars,
  • Add Nissan manufacturer label to the Sileighty,
  • Add missing Arcade Mode car list entries (Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37, Sileighty '98 etc..),
  • Add Citta di Aria in Single Race in Arcade Mode,
  • All courses are available in 2P Battle Mode in Arcade Mode,
  • Mazda RX-8 Concept Type-II can be won in all colors.
Again, this is just a feedback, I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but i think that the base mod shouldn't change the game to much. Good luck for your work and thanks for sharing this mod! :cheers:

Hi Sal, i tried the mod and it's really really cool, however i wanted to ask if you are planning to make a "vanilla style" version of it. Because while the it adds cool things like the MX5 NC and the 2 player split screen it also replace some good circuits with other questionable tracks (at least to my taste), like the circle track from Tourist Trophy that replace the Test Track etc... I Also think that the abilty to buy all the prize cars, change the wheels and spoilers to all cars should be optional. Another thing i belive should be untouched is the nationalty of certain brands. For exemple if you buy a Lexus and press L1 the cursor moves to the USA dealer but in the mod you moved it in the Japanese one so this shortcut become useless in this conditions.

If i may give you a feedback, i would only do these changes for the base version of the mod:
  • Add 2-Player Split screen and Multi-LAN Race modes,
  • Add Mazda MX-5 NC for career and arcade mode,
  • Remove course restrictions for special cars,
  • Add Nissan manufacturer label to the Sileighty,
  • Add missing Arcade Mode car list entries (Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37, Sileighty '98 etc..),
  • Add Citta di Aria in Single Race in Arcade Mode,
  • All courses are available in 2P Battle Mode in Arcade Mode,
  • Mazda RX-8 Concept Type-II can be won in all colors.
Again, this is just a feedback, I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, but i think that the base mod shouldn't change the game to much. Good luck for your work and thanks for sharing this mod! :cheers:
Hi rikflsh_99,
first of all, thanks for the feedback! Yes, the update (that is very slowly advancing...) will get rid all of the "odd circuits" making them available only in Arcade Mode, so you can enjoy the full GT Mode without problems. I enabled all cars to have custom rims since every support it without odd side effects, and the wings for all cars will be removed, only the original and many cars that were oddly restricted to have one (many can change it without glitches). The shortcuts thing is also fixed in the new version, that before was broken due my laziness on make things.
I may make a specific version with this content just for you, once I have all done the new changes, that I still don't know how many time could be take...

Is somebody playing online in this mod? How much players and what server?

Hell, thank you for the big job on GT4 made by all the modding community:) I would like to know if it can be possible to inject the MX-5 NC into GT4 US? I mean, to take all the files about the car and put it in the other version of the game. Thank you! And sorry for my English!

Back