[Mod] Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta Enhanced

• Thread starter Sal_89
  • 174 comments

Will it worth to make a third version with all of the Tourist Trophy courses and actual drag racing?

• Total voters
oh and one more is this mod breaks license test?

the B-8 license test is completely broken even after changing everything from Firmware,PCSX2QT it self and the game file

and the game always starts with 110,000,000 credits
Not from what I know
I actually never tried all tests, so I can't say nothing^^
And yes, Online version stars with a lot of money, and full arcade cars (not all actually, but I've added the missing ones), since is focused on compete with others

Unified Soundtrack will be a standard feature. 128 songs in total, using Japanese and American songs, the same with GT4 Japanese and European ones, the extra GT Concept songs and even the GT4 Prologue tracks IIRC
What I prefer the most is definitely the Japanese version, when you play against the clock, there are the Japanese voices which explain the characteristics of the car or that kind of thing. It was really a plus in my opinion!

What I prefer the most is definitely the Japanese version, when you play against the clock, there are the Japanese voices which explain the characteristics of the car or that kind of thing. It was really a plus in my opinion!
I dunno if can be restored, but if so, is out of my capabilities, unfortunately

!!!UPDATE!!!​

PATCH 1.01 RELEASED FOR BOTH VERSIONS​

CHANGED AND ADDED CONTENT​

• Removed the restriction for the "OpenModel 2" cars, aka "Special cars". Now can be used in Gran Turismo Mode outside of Time Trials. Earlier only the GT Auto restriction was removed (thanks to Hatersbby)
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 now can be acquired normally from the Mazda dealership (thanks to TheAdmeister) and normally available in Arcade Mode
  • New starter save, now contain also all licenses with gold medals

Version 1
Version 2

Well I downloaded the cd romance copy and I got no license done on my new save file but I got lots of money and cars

!!!UPDATE!!!​

PATCH 1.01 RELEASED FOR BOTH VERSIONS​

CHANGED AND ADDED CONTENT​

• Removed the restriction for the "OpenModel 2" cars, aka "Special cars". Now can be used in Gran Turismo Mode outside of Time Trials. Earlier only the GT Auto restriction was removed (thanks to Hatersbby)
  • The Mazda MX-5 '05 now can be acquired normally from the Mazda dealership (thanks to TheAdmeister) and normally available in Arcade Mode
  • New starter save, now contain also all licenses with gold medals

Version 1
Version 2
Hello I got a copy from cd romance saying it was version 3 but when I got to create a new save file I got no licenses done and I got all the license done on the 3rd one

Hello I got a copy from cd romance saying it was version 3 but when I got to create a new save file I got no licenses done and I got all the license done on the 3rd one
I don't understand what are you saying

I don't understand what are you saying
I have downloaded the cd romance version. I got all the cars plus the money when I started my new save file but 0 licenses were actually done in there? And it’s version 3 they say on the site

Last edited:
I have downloaded the cd romance version. I got all the cars plus the money when I started my new save file but 0 licenses were actually done in there? And it’s version 3 they say on the site
A new file always grants all cars and 110,000 Cr. with no licenses done

Hi,

Love GT series and always have. Big fan of the work being done here.

Would love to join GT4 online. I have followed the instructions as best I'm able here, I am using PCSX2 Emulator with the Enhanced version 3 installed. I'm able to get online by the looks of it and can join a lobby and see other players populate it but every attempt to join a race unfortunately seems to fail.

Just wandering if maybe others are using a different version?

I have attempted to patch the v3 with the applicable patch through the "enable cheats" function on PCSX2 which is how you apply this patch on that platform from what I can gather and by placing the .pnach file that comes with the patch download listed on this forum to the cheats folder on pcsx2, although that part is guess work to be honest.

Not sure, I could very easily be missing something, Pretty new to emulators.

Cheers

Hi,

Love GT series and always have. Big fan of the work being done here.

Would love to join GT4 online. I have followed the instructions as best I'm able here, I am using PCSX2 Emulator with the Enhanced version 3 installed. I'm able to get online by the looks of it and can join a lobby and see other players populate it but every attempt to join a race unfortunately seems to fail.

Just wandering if maybe others are using a different version?

I have attempted to patch the v3 with the applicable patch through the "enable cheats" function on PCSX2 which is how you apply this patch on that platform from what I can gather and by placing the .pnach file that comes with the patch download listed on this forum to the cheats folder on pcsx2, although that part is guess work to be honest.

Not sure, I could very easily be missing something, Pretty new to emulators.

Cheers
Use DeltaPatcher for install the patch, that is already included

Thanks for the help there.

I started the install from srcatch using the deltapatcher but same result I'm afraid. Can see and chat with other players in the lobby but but always get "failed to connect to race" when I attempt to join.

Does everyone else use any other version or enhancements on top of the install process for the files described here that could be causing it? I dont have anything else installed, no enhanced texture mods or anything of the sort.

Otherwise maybe my internet connection is just not quick enough and times out, is often not the best due to my location. Its a shame but doesnt seem to log what is causing the issue from what I can tell.

Thanks for the help there.

I started the install from srcatch using the deltapatcher but same result I'm afraid. Can see and chat with other players in the lobby but but always get "failed to connect to race" when I attempt to join.

Does everyone else use any other version or enhancements on top of the install process for the files described here that could be causing it? I dont have anything else installed, no enhanced texture mods or anything of the sort.

Otherwise maybe my internet connection is just not quick enough and times out, is often not the best due to my location. Its a shame but doesnt seem to log what is causing the issue from what I can tell.
Common issue... No one have ever tried to look into that
Basically everyone ask me why this happens... I don't know, and I'm not interested

Funny question, but what's the difference between vanilla GT4 and the online beta, besides the fact it is online? The size of the ISO is almost half of GT4 vanilla.

Funny question, but what's the difference between vanilla GT4 and the online beta, besides the fact it is online? The size of the ISO is almost half of GT4 vanilla.
Bug fixes, built after Tourist Trophy (time trials can be nulled if a cone is hit for example) and the size is much less just because miss all the course preview movies

Bug fixes, built after Tourist Trophy (time trials can be nulled if a cone is hit for example) and the size is much less just because miss all the course preview movies
Awesome! Thank you. By the way, what's the latest patch code to deinterlace for GT4? Since online deinterlacing/deblur is fantastic.

hello ,
The patch for automatic de-centering, so you don't have to go to the menus each time you turn it on to activate it.Only gt4 beta!!!

gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta [SCUS-97436] (U)
comment=Autoboot in 480p
author=Silent

patch=1,EE,20312544,extended,34080001
patch=1,EE,20312558,extended,AE481718

hello ,
The patch for automatic de-centering, so you don't have to go to the menus each time you turn it on to activate it.Only gt4 beta!!!

gametitle=Gran Turismo 4 Online Public Beta [SCUS-97436] (U)
comment=Autoboot in 480p
author=Silent

patch=1,EE,20312544,extended,34080001
patch=1,EE,20312558,extended,AE481718
Thank you! So GT4 is not recommended, the online beta is superior?

that's it, the mod created and only for the gt4 beta version, (the pnatch too) and yes it's the best version, since it adds content!

Back