Modern racing wheel + PS1 racing game?

• Thread starter Lee Der
  • 9 comments
Lesotho
Lesotho
Hello! Is it possible to play in GT1&2 or another ps1 racing game with modern racing wheel like Fanatec Clubsport Porsche 918 RSR, Logitech G29 (with shifter) or another one?

Last edited:
Even if you could, the physics isn't optimized for it and there is no FFB. It's not gonna be a pleasant experience IMO.

The closest you could do is configure your controller to be a NeGcon, which the PSX GT games supported and was pretty good for the time (it's the standard the PSX steering wheels used as input). AFAIK GT2 didn't actually support the Jogcon like PD originally announced it would, so force feedback wouldn't be an option other than just centering spring.

Last edited:
I had a madcatz wheel. I was too young to properly set it up, but no force feedback, just a spring, and the deadzones were massive (but it's probbaly possible to fix)
Forget anything advanced, gt1 and gt2 on a wheel is just playing using a glorified dualshock lol

I mean... Not really? NeGcon support made a significant difference for the games that supported it over just using the original Dual Shock.

The quality gap in the wheels that used the NeGcon standard was massive, but I assume the better ones were at least similar to how well the NeGcon worked; and if you're emulating it with a modern racing wheel acting as a NeGcon than it doesn't matter how bad the wheels on the PS1 actually were since it's the protocol that is important.

Last edited:
Never experienced a negcon so i can't say ^^'

All i know is that GT reads analog inputs in steps, so unless negcon get special treatment, whether it' s more accurate or not won't exactly matter.
Haven't been able to analyze using a wheel so i don't more than this.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back