Modern warfare 3

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 2,515 comments
Didn't those map packs only go on sale about a week ago? A bit of a slap in the face to anyone who bought it at full price.

For anyone who bought them what is the best map pack 1 or 2? And can all the maps be played in ground war?

As for the official forums can't get them too work. There is no reply button.

+1
We paid money upfront to have this stuff early, and at a discounted price. Then Activision cut the prices in half.
Slap in the face? Oh yeah...

+1
We paid money upfront to have this stuff early, and at a discounted price. Then Activision cut the prices in half.
Slap in the face? Oh yeah...

I'm not going to get another year of Elite, because of this, and this game should have kept me interested longer than it did, and I don't see Blops 2 getting any better.

Thanks again harrison1476. 👍

Modern Warfare 3 Terminal Is Coming To X360 July 17/18 Free. PC and PS3 Release Dates Currently Unknown.

“Terminal Update MW3: Terminal went into cert[ification] at Microsoft on 7/2 and will be releasing on 7/17 for Elite Premium subscribers on Xbox 360 and 7/18 for everyone on Xbox 360 (pending MSFT Approval). Yes, it will be FREE!” reads Infinity Ward’s Mark Rubin statement on Twitter.

Theres no ETA for PS3 and PC as of right now, but the Microsoft exclusivity deal requires Activision to release DLC on 360 thirty days ahead so August 16/17 would be our best bet. Rubin assured that Terminal “will [release on PS3] but no date has been confirmed yet.” Also, we asked Rubin about the PC version, and he stated “PC Date still TBD.

Credit: Fahed Jaradat

Seeing this thread slowly dying a silent death, I don't think it's working.

It's amazing when you look at the COD4 thread in comparison how MW has fallen from grace, it used to be easy to have full GTP matches.

Dennisch
I'm not going to get another year of Elite, because of this, and this game should have kept me interested longer than it did, and I don't see Blops 2 getting any better.

Same. The only reason I'll get Blops 2 is if zombies looks awesome.

Managed to get a 33 kill 11 death score on hardcore team death match today, on black ops mind but even so thats a personal best for me :D

Modern Warfare 3 PS3 Patch 1.17, Hot Fix Now Live – Patch Notes

Here are the official patch notes:

-Added more telemetry for matchmaking and made some adjustments on region weighting
-Fix for Terminal missing message incorrectly being displayed in Private Match

Xbox 360 and PC platforms are expected to get the same matchmaking improvements and more telemetry additions at a later date.

-Also, a hot fix for all platforms was implemented early this morning, fixing a small issue caused by a knock-on effect in a hot fix earlier on in the week closing up loopholes for potential “hacked” classes.

-Fixed an issue (introduced inadvertently Tuesday as part of a hot-fix hacker prevention measure) where only the first attachment would register on a player’s secondary in-game when using Overkill Pro. Credit: Gav

MW3 seems like more of a casual game that everyone can get into as you don't have to get kill-streaks to get rewarded with bonuses. I was really hoping MW3 would be a knockout with multiplayer and incorporate the best from MW2 and BLOPS, but instead it was just kind of meh, imo.

MW3 – Three Elite DLC Drops To Release Every Month Until The Season’s Conclusion

The official Modern Warfare 3 Content Calendar has been updated to show how the season of DLC is coming to an end. During the final three months of Elite content, three pieces of DLC will be released every month starting from July for Xbox 360, August for PS3.

Here are the old content listings:
-July: 2 Maps
-August: 1 Map, 1 Mission, 1 Classified
-September: 1 Map, 1 Mission

As of today, it includes the following: (Xbox 360)
-July: 2 Multiplayer Maps, 1 Spec Ops Mission (Vertigo, see achievements below)
-August: 2 Spec Ops Missions, 1 Classified
-September: 3 Multiplayer Maps

July X360 Elite Drops, PS3 Drops Detailed & Dated

Infinity Ward has announced today that Modern Warfare 3 players with premium Elite subscriptions on Xbox 360 will receive two new multiplayer maps, Offshore and Decommission, and the already outed Spec Ops mission Vertigo on July 17th.

These three drops will release on July 17th along with Terminal for Elite members. Terminal will go live for everyone the next day, July 18th, and it will be free to download.

PS3 Elite members, on the other hand, will have access to Face Off maps, Intersection, U-Turn, and Vortex, and Spec Ops mission Arctic Recon on July 19th. Credit: MP1st

Custom Game Mode "Money in The Denk" currently being consideration at Infinity Ward.

The three most requested modes are:

-Snipers only/No Snipers (41%)
-MLG Rules/Competitive mode (32%)
-Assassin, support streak, deathstreak, blind eye free (12%)

Money in the Denk looks really interesting. 👍 I'll have to set up a game in the weekend with my friends.

Modern Warfare 3 Terminal, Patch 1.18, and Elite DLC Drops 16-18 Now Live On Xbox 360

Patch Notes:

-Support for Elite drops 16, 17, 18
-Liberation Map – Added death trigger for rock glitch.
-Black Box – Patched up wall glitch
-Javelin (Weapon) – Reduce Javelin explosion radius by 20%.
-Sit-Rep Pro – You can now see portable radars without being in their range.
-Fix for player accuracy being miscalculated.
-Fix for minute long kill cam duration with Reaper.
-Fix for both team’s receiving losses at the end of a round based gametype. (Demolition, CTF, Search & Destroy)

Tomorrow, Terminal will become available to everyone on Xbox 360 for free. Terminal is expected to release on the other platforms next month, but there’s no official release date announced.

Modern Warfare 3 July PS3 Elite Drops Now Available

Today’s content contains three Face Off maps, Vortex, U-Turn, and Intersection, and one Spec Ops mission, Arctic Recon.

Get Double XP In Modern Warfare 3 This Weekend On PS3, PC, and Xbox 360

he Modern Warfare 3 double XP weekend begins tomorrow and ends Monday morning, Infinity Ward revealed. As it’s been the case with recent double XP events in celebration of DLC release on a particular platform or two, Modern Warfare 3 players on all three platforms will be able to earn double XP starting tomorrow.

Last edited:
MW3 Terminal Hits PS3 on August 16/17, No ETA on PS3 Elite Drops or PC Terminal

The studio took to Twitter to make the announcement, “Terminal will be coming to MW3 on PS3 August 16th for Elite premium members, August 17th for non-elite” for free.

Earlier this month, Terminal was released along side the latest Elite drops on Xbox 360. It’s unknown if it will be the case for PS3 users. “No date has been announced for that drop on PS3 yet,” explained the newly appointed Call of Duty UK community manager Liam Ashley on Twitter to us.

Premium PS3 Elite users will receive multiplayer maps, Decommission and Offshore, and Spec Ops mission Vertigo in August. No ETA for PC at the moment. Credit: MP1st

Modern Warfare 3 Weapon Tweaks Hot Fix Notes, PS3 Terminal Update

Assault Rifles Buffed
FAD – increased damage and range
M16A4 – increased damage and fire rate
AK47 – reduced kick

SMG’s Buffed
UMP45 – increased damage
MP5 – increased fire rate
PM9 – reduced kick

MP1st
Infinity Ward is working on a smoother launch for Terminal on PS3, as developer ‘Ghandi’ noted that the team is “currently working with Sony to attempt to make sure that by the time Terminal launches on PS3 the fix is in place.” PS3 Elite members will receive Terminal on the 16th of August.

Modern Warfare 3 Weapon Tweaks Hot Fix Notes, PS3 Terminal Update

Assault Rifles Buffed
FAD – increased damage and range
M16A4 – increased damage and fire rate
AK47 – reduced kick

SMG’s Buffed
UMP45 – increased damage
MP5 – increased fire rate
PM9 – reduced kick

Yeah good fixes but UMP does not need to have increased damage in my opinion. We already have a weapon like that It's called MP7. Haha but thanks for the updates Ddrizle not sure if you saw this the first time but really like coming to one site (GTP) instead of MW3 homepage since I come to GTP anyway for GT5 & NFS MW2012. Thanks again(:

Thanks for the updates Ddrizle not sure if you saw this the first time but really like coming to one site (GTP) instead of MW3 homepage since I come to GTP anyway for GT5 & NFS MW2012. Thanks again(:
You're very welcome 👍

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will receive the two final pieces of its Season of Content

beefjack
Activision have announced details of the concluding two DLC packs in their Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Season of Content along with their release dates for Xbox 360, taking the total amount of new MW3 content released during the Season to 29 pieces.

Collection #3: Chaos Pack – which hits August 9th on Xbox Live – is tailored to the Spec Ops fan, introducing four new Spec Ops missions, entitled Vertigo, Light ‘Em Up, Arctic Recon and Special Delivery, three new FACE OFF maps – Intersection, U-Turn and Vortex, and most interesting of all the new Chaos Mode, which sees players holding off wave after wave of enemies while chaining kills and utilising map power ups to rack up the highest possible score. Chaos Mode will be available on the Resistance, Village, Underground and Dome maps.

Collection #4: Final Assault is geared toward “hardcore multiplayer fans” with five new multiplayer maps – Boardwalk, Decommission, Gulch, Offshore and Parish.

Both Collections will set you back 1200 Microsoft Points, and in time-honored fashion will likely appear on PS3 and PC one month later. CoD: Elite subscribers will get access to the various bits of content as part of their package at unspecified earlier dates.

Modern Warfare 3 Spec Ops DLC and Patch 1.19 Now Live on Xbox 360

MP1st
The new Spec Ops drops, Light ‘Em Up and Special Delivery missions and CHAOS mode, are available for download on Xbox 360. Also, a new patch has been released on the platform.

The three new DLC drops are accompanied with a 12 MB mandatory title update, supposedly patch 1.19 . Unfortunately, the patch notes haven’t been made public at the time of writing.

Light ‘Em Up, Special Delivery, and CHAOS are 23.93 MB, 169.98 MB, and 108 KB in size, respectively. The new DLC drops can be downloaded through the store menu option under the multiplayer section for Elite premium members.

Chaos Mode Gameplay

Modern Warfare 3 Double XP Weekend Begins Today, Double Weapon XP Later This Month

MP1st
Modern Warfare 3 players across the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC can all enjoy a dose of Double XP this weekend as Infinity Ward his hitting the switch yet again starting today, Friday 10.

“We’re turning on Double XP in MW3 this Friday through Monday,” announced Infinity Ward via Twitter earlier. In addition, they’ve noted, “we’ll also have double weapon XP later this month,” so keep your eyes open.

Guys has anyone else here downloaded Offshore and Decommission? Or did I catch a mistake made by the PS Store?
This is for PS3...

Last edited:
Jav
Guys has anyone else here downloaded Offshore and Decommission? Or did I catch a mistake made by the PS Store?
This is for PS3...

They're 2 FREE (Yes I was confused hearing Call of Duty and Free at the same time) maps, only for the face off playlist.

Jav, you need to add me. :P

Offshore and Decommission aren't free. The two free Face Off maps are Aground and Erosion. I don't even think we have Offshore and Decommission yet :lol:

Offshore and Decommission aren't free. The two free Face Off maps are Aground and Erosion. I don't even think we have Offshore and Decommission yet :lol:

I do!
It appears I caght a mistake by the PS Store, none of my Elite friends has the maps or can even find them on the store!

Back