Modern warfare 3

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 2,515 comments
Antarctica
Antarctica
Apparently on kotaku,however I think that the massive spoiler might be a fake,in any case,you have been warned about the spoilers that you might find in kotaku.

In any case,I think that a thread about MW3 is required,please do not make this thread a battle about BF3 with MW3 there is a thread for that already.

BTW first trailer up,just like MW2 trailer(although could be fake)

New trailers:

Germany:

France:

Remember: No BF3 vs MW3 on this thread!!!

Last edited:
They wouldn't post a fake trailer on the official Call of Duty channel. Plus MW3 is only 6 months away.

Hmmmm, my Russian isn't good enough to work out what they're saying. Sounds like something about destroying hope. I think.

There's a G3RMANY one as well, just saw it lined up after 3NGLAND on Mclaren's embedded video. I guess there's gonna be a new ally, which is good (I guess).

JEDI EDIT: Saw the AM3RICA one on a different channel and the Russian speaking at the end is apparently "One will destroy, the enemy's hope of victory".

Last edited:
There's one for France as well. But I'd say any country without an E in its name is fairly safe from attack.
JEDI EDIT: Saw the AM3RICA one on a different channel and the Russian speaking at the end is apparently "One will destroy, the enemy's hope of victory".
That would make sense. I know the bits about destroying and hope, but the bit about enemy left me hanging.

The quotes.

New York, United States: One, will destroy the enemy's hope of victory.
London, England: Two, use everything to your advantage.
Paris, France: Three, take advantage of your enemies' weaknesses.
Berlin, Germany: Four, attack from the blind side.

Apparently the massive leak posted on kotaku actually can be be real,so if anyone is interested the leak contains a summary of the whole MW3 plot,and from people who has played MW2,the storyline follows afters the events of MW2.

so spoilers:

http://kotaku.com/5801345/where-youll-go-how-youll-kill-and-who-will-die-in-modern-warfare-3

and additional info about how the game looks like:

http://kotaku.com/5801353/modern-warfare-3-multiplayer-features-battles-in-brooklyn-clash-in-mogadishu/gallery/18

here are some screenshot if you don't want to use the links:

_ak47_iw5.jpg

mp_carbon_reverse__south_africa_.jpg

blackhawk_tank.jpg

m14ebr.jpg

_aa12.jpg

however,these screens might come from early development stages(level design concepts?),but if it isn't the case those scenarios look pretty bad, although weapons look quite awesome.

So this is what all those YouTubers were whining about. I'll wait til' the game is actually around a month or so from release to make a final judgement on the graphics.

Of course it's way too early to judge the game based on those screenshots but those graphics really don't look that great at this point. :yuck:

I'll wait until more info is released to pass judgement on the graphics. I can't imagine that with how good CoD4, MW2, and Black Ops looked, that MW3 will look like that. Also, the levels are obviously nowhere near complete in those screens, look at the M14 EBR pics, the buildings just end into a pool of grey blankness.

Im definitely going to buy MW3 since in a way you know what your going to get, but with BF3 I'll play the beta and then decide since I'm not sure what to expect.

Im definitely going to buy MW3 since in a way you know what your going to get[/COLOR], but with BF3 I'll play the beta and then decide since I'm not sure what to expect.
Im definitely going to buy BF3 since in a way you know what you're going to get, but with MW3 I'll play the beta and then decide since I'm not sure what to expect.

Let's just wait and see, the same can be said about any preferred FPS.

Uh, guys, you might want to read the opening post again. Specifically this part:
Remember: No BF3 vs MW3 on this thread!!!
I know the mods are already watching this thread to prevent just such an eventuality. You're not helping the cause.

Laaaaaaame.

Seriously, a Russian invasion of the rest of the world? We know they attacked America in the second game, but it seemed more like retaliatory strikes that got out of hand. A full-scale invasion is ridiculous - Russia doesn't have the manpower to pull it off. And it's a staple of bad 1980s action films as well.
The plot of the first game was good, but MW2's biggest problem was that the characters just did whatever the hell the plot needed them to do. How else do you explain the change of villain mid-narrative? Given the way Makarov folded so easily in MW2, I'll have a hard time believing he can be the Big Bad in MW3. That, and it felt like half the writers were over-eager to see just how much they could get away with and kept pushing the envelope whilst the other half was trying to hold them back because they were afraid things had already gone too far.

The problem here is that the game has clearly had its set-pieces written first and the story shoe-horned around it. Which is all backwards - the story should come first, and then the set-pieces included. It's fairly obvious they did this in BLACK OPS (they did, after all, have David Goyer working on the script), and it worked really well. Especially since the dialogue had more to it than the military jargon the video posted by Kotaku does.

Of course it's way too early to judge the game based on those screenshots but those graphics really don't look that great at this point. :yuck:

They don't look great because people have seen what the frostbite engine is capable of.

I have enjoyed the IW developed games more then the Treyarch developed games. I also hope that MW3 will be more fast paced that Black Ops.

I also hope that MW3 will be more fast paced that Black Ops.

More faced paced? In BO assuming you want to be in the fray, at worst, at any given moment you're like 2 seconds away from getting shot/shooting someone else. How is that slow paced :confused:.

icelt
More faced paced? In BO assuming you want to be in the fray, at worst, at any given moment you're like 2 seconds away from getting shot/shooting someone else. How is that slow paced :confused:.

With Black Ops I have been in hames where the score limit in TDM isn't even reached!

I've got mw2 and bo, but neber plauamy of them. I agreethat bf 3 looks much better, but they already said they cant get such grapgic on a console that is out now, so i cant look at graphics, since im a ps3er

Seriously? ANOTHER game in NYC?? :guilty:

So now thats at least 19 games all within the last few years with something in New York City. I have nothing against NYC but come on.
1. GTA4
2. Mafia
3. Godfather
4. Prototype
5. Crysis 2
6. Forza 3
7. Gran Turismo 5
8. Almost all Spider-Man Games
9. The Incredible Hulk
10. Alone in the Dark
11. The Darkness
12. Ghostbusters
13. King Kong
14. Legendary
15. Resistance 3
16. The Turtles games
17. Turning Point
18. inFAMOUs
19. MW3

With Black Ops I have been in hames where the score limit in TDM isn't even reached!

On larger maps, yeah that can happen with 2 cautious teams. Same thing with MW2 and MW "grey beard."

My comment still stands however, if one really wants to be in the fray all the time they can be. Just slap on Lightweight and Marathon on a class (even better with Pro) and run towards the red dots. Problem solved ;)

Thank god the initial leaked videos and audio were not indicative of the final product.

Minor oddity, during the scuba shot in the flooded tunnel the semi still has its tail lights on.

Back