Modest MouseMusic 

Messages
415
I think these guys rule, Float on is an awesome song, and Paper Thin Walls is a crazy ass song. 👍
 
On summer on the run on MTV, they play "Float on" and It's always followed by one of the samw songs, either All down hill form here or some gh3y song with men singing like girls.
 
Actually, this band plays like post-new wave music, so I cannot say that they are bad.
 
For some reason, these guys remind me a lot of The Mars Volta/At The Drive-In. "Float on" is a catchy song, which is rare for them. I know there's a lot of TMV fans out here, and all of you guys should check out Modest Mouse.

My personal favorite song is Dramamine.
 
Good band. I picked up their CD, Good News For People..., a while back for $7.00.
 
I like them too. If you like Modest mouse then u'll probably also enjoy these :

snow patrol - spitting games
TV on the radio - staring at the sun
kings of convenience - misread
the shins - saint simon
 
You people should listen to The Moon and Antarctica. It's probably my favorite Modest Mouse album.
 
I like these guys a lot. My friend has all of their albums so I really got into them when we drove to Milwaukee for a baseball tourny.
 
Strange for you to make a thread about Modest Mouse. One of my friends had a Modest Mouse CD playing at his party last weekend, and a few of their songs actually caught my attention (I've never been a fan of this type of music before). "Float On" is good, and I think "Dance Hall" is really catchy...
 
"Float On" is an okay representation of Modest Mouse however I still think "The Moon and Antarctica" is one of the best albums to hear.
 
It ain't no AC\DC or Metallica but they're pretty good. Float On Is really cool.
 
Hehe Float On is sooo addictive. I just had to learn the simple riff on guitar.
 
Modest Mouse, my favorite band, next to Sublime, they are coming to chico (my town) the 17th, I was gonna go...but theni got arrested :rolleyes: weeeaaaakkkk...float on is a great song, awsome to listen to if you need a pick me up i learned the bass for it fun to play :D my personal fav Modest Mouse song would be Gravity Rides Everything, or 3rd Planet......the guitar on Gravity is wicked awsome. I'm still really bummed out about missing the concert. :(
 
Heard about them a while back due to Thrasher magazine and listened to a couple songs, but didn't get heavy into them. But now they're one of my favorites.
 
Float On is a good song but... On live it wasn't as good (bad in some ways)......
But then a lot of bands arn't good live.........
 
Back