Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

Do i need to change cars

Please stick with your Renault for this round Lancer - I'll think about it further after this round.

@Napalm_LT @AndreasR @rj5992 and @RagingBullLC are due to switch from the Opel to the Mercedes this round.

@IfAndOr @richroo @WiSchmo and Don Mejillone are due to switch from the Mercedes to the Opel this round.

Other drivers remain in their original cars.

I don't know if anyone else watched the final round of the BTCC on Sunday - if not, I won't spoil it by mentioning the result - I'll just say it was very exciting so well worth watching on the ITV Player or a highlights programme!

inofficial results from Donington BTCC Round 5

Donington MON.jpg

Yay! Qualified 5th. Didn't survive the race, though. I'm not sure what happened. It seemed like somebody drove into me and then their car was perpendicular to mine and then we were both off the track.

P5 lost, a couple turns taken with the wrong speed and I'm at the back of the pack real quick.

Great battle with @John Wells and @Sick Cylinder!

@Sick Cylinder I punted you again lol So, sorry! I don't know what's going on here. I was (and always am) trying very hard not to do that :D

PS: I couldn't save the replay. PC2 would tell me that the size of the save was over 1GB and that's it was larger than it could deal with. Anybody saved it and can share it with me? I'd like to see what happened right after the start and how I ended up off the track.

That'll be the reason I bunted you at the chicane @richroo, I didn't quite have all my wheels on the ground. :P
Project CARS 2_20191015101724.jpg
You were generally a bit quicker than me even with all your misfortune so I thought you deserved your position back at the end. 👍

I couldn't save the replay.
You need to delete a few of your older replays to create some space. The save file limitations are a bit of a pain.

@Sick Cylinder - is there any chance I could swap to a BMW? The Opel is good but it doesn't feel too much different to the Merc. The Beemer is a little slower but is great fun to throw around. We could do with a few more RWDs on the grid and I'm really not in contention for a championship win!

I take it the save video file can be shared as well?
Sort of, it's not quite straightforward. It's not a video file as such but data files that need to be loaded into PC2. If I get a chance I'll have a go this evening. (I think I saved it!)

As for hard drive space. Games are allowed 1gb of save data space on your hard drive. Each of Sick's 30 minute races takes over 200mb so combined with any pictures or set up data you may have you can only save about 4 replays!

@ILIV For the replay follow these...
Click on THIS to download the 2 files needed for the replay.

Then create a directory on a usb memory stick called

PS4\SAVEDATA\1200493d4af96728\CUSA04093

and place the downloaded files in there. Stick the stick into your PS4 and go to

settings / application saved data management / saved data on usb storage / copy to system storage /

and select the Pcars file on the memory stick.

This should copy it onto your PS4. You might need to delete some of your old replays first but since it's an external replay you might not. In theory you should now be able to play it within PC2.

The link expires in 1 weeks time. Good luck!

(I'm not sure if the 1200493d4af96728\CUSA04093 directories are required. Perhaps try it without first.)

It might be the formatting on the memory stick...if I remember correctly the PS4 likes it to be FAT32 formatted.

It is formatted correctly and the USB stick itself is recognized by PS4. I had successfully exported GTS screenshots before using this same stick. It just doesn't see the PC2 replay files.

Looks great graphically. As a Londoner I really want to know if they're going to add DLC of random protestors coming up and gluing themselves to your train, just for that extra authenticity ;):P
Yes Paddington station, looks really great, so should be good to play.:rolleyes:

Don't want to make it too tricky. :P I might come up with a non damp setting tonight.

I am in control of the weather for both days at Oulton though! :sly:

whats like to play,
Not bad at all, if you like trains that is. :)
It can be quite complex to control if you want it to be - with all the safety systems activated etc. There are a few bugs and glitches but overall it's a decent experience. Especially on console, there's nothing else like it. Quite a good buy at the moment since you get 6 routes with the base game for £25 - which is the normal price of one add-on route!

Back