Mon 20:00-21:30 UK time - PC2 - Hosted by @IfAndOr - Please refer to new threadPS4 

These are the settings and rules - modified slightly from @Sick Cylinder's to suit the new races.

Please take a quick look.
Basic Settings
Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private - Invite only
Grid 16 slots
Fill vacant slots with AI - No
Standing Start for Sprint races
Rolling Start for "Endurance" race - with formation lap.

Total Meeting Length - Approx. 1 hour and 25 minutes
Practise - none (Zero)
10 minutes Qualification x 2 (Race 1 & 3)
2 x 12 minute Races and 1 x 25 minute race - approximate times

Rules & Penalties - On
Track Limit Penalties - Off (depending on track)
Allowable Time Penalty - 25 (when on)
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - On
Competitive Racing License - On
Min. Competitive License Required - U101

Conditions
Generally the tracks will be set to ideal conditions to promote good safe racing. Different weather conditions and time progression may be used from time to time, but will normally be announced in advance.

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - No
Force Driving Line Off - Yes
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - Yes
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - No
Allow Traction Control - No
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Visual Only
Mechanical Failures - Yes (be careful not to over-rev)
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
Force Manual Pit stops - No
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Authentic
Fuel Depletion - Normal
Force cool down Lap - Yes

Pit Stops - The longer race (except specified exceptions) will feature one compulsory Pit Stop. Failure to complete the pit stop will incur a time penalty. Pitstops can be taken any time except on the 1st or last lap. I'd like everyone to use the default pitstop setup please - to keep the stops equal for all.
There will be no Pit Stop required during the shorter sprint races.

NB. Please do not use "reset to track" unless necessary - this is considered cheating, observe track limits, however if your car is on its side or roof or otherwise unable to move, reset to track can be used .

Details for Monday.

Cars. Renault Megane Touring and the Renault R.S. 01 (not the GT3 version).
MPQME_DYFO6AAAJVA_.jpeg MPYLEC6WFO6AAAJVA_.jpeg

1st race. Megane Touring @ Sakitto International. 10 min qualification, 10 lap race. Standing start. No pitstop.

2nd race. Megane Touring, Sakitto International. random grid, 10 lap race. Standing start. No pitstop.

Points from the 2 Megane races combined to give an over all result.
Points for the fastest lap from the two races.

3rd race. R.S.01 @ Sakitto National. 10 minutes qualification, 25 minute race, compulsory pit stop. Formation lap with a rolling start.
(Pitstops can be taken any time except on the 1st or last lap. I'd like everyone to use the default pitstop setup please - to keep the stops equal for all)

The R.S.01 race will begin with a manual formation lap leading to a rolling start. Please keep it to around 60mph/100kh. Keep those tyres warm but try not to crash on the out lap ;-) This is experimental for these test races.

There will be a cooldown lap at the end of all races as the rest of the field finish, so keep driving (not racing) and head back to the pits. (I think you can skip this but I'm not sure yet) This is experimental for these test races.

Pit stops will be on automatic - mainly to save confusion since some tracks have different pits for different layouts!

Authentic driver aids will be forced on to help those who might benefit from them. I think you can turn them off if you have them mapped. This only affects the RS01, the Megane is aid free.

I'm hoping to start at 8pm (UK) or just after, but I'm not sure if everyone will have read the latest round of messages! We'll see what happens.

Doing the scoring and leaderboard depends on Simba continuing to post the results, which include the fastest lap. Simba, are you okay still doing that?

Doing the scoring and leaderboard depends on Simba continuing to post the results, which include the fastest lap. Simba, are you okay still doing that?
I always I usually try to grab a screen shot just in case he misses it for some reason.

I'll skip tonight and might skip next championship as well as PC3 is now only game I play at the moment.
That's a shame Jammy, you'll always be welcome though. So PC3 has you addicted then? :)

Sure I will do that (happy to be useful in any way)

I always I usually try to grab a screen shot just in case he misses it for some reason.

Good to know - reduces pressure

Btw Megane #19 and R.S. 01 #38 for me please

Last edited:
That's a lot of screens @AndreasR. :P Thinking about it we probably don't need the qualification screens, just the race results since the fastest lap is derived from those. You would have less to capture then.

They look neat @half_sourly. Any problems?

I think everything seemed to work as planned. It'd work better with more on track of course. The added practice session messed things up early on with the lock up a then having to create a new lobby. So we ran a bit late from then on (sorry @Napalm_LT) and I had to make a few on the fly lap/time adjustments. Without that initial problem it would have ran quite smoothly and we would have been about on time.

So what did everyone think? The cars, did you like them? The RS 01 is a beast but easily tamed. The Megane is lively but again fairly easy to keep pointing forward - once the rear tyres have warmed up.
The cooling down lap was ok I thought, more realistic than suddenly just ending the race. Did you like it?
The formation lap and rolling start also worked quite well, nobody crashed anyway! Again thoughts?

Any other suggestions?

Good to (unexpectedly) see @xeronima again.

Any problems?
All good. All set up now so will be easy to maintain.
Cars are good; RS01 is great.
Liked the formation lap as long as damage remains visual only; I got a bump from the back.
Cool down laps were not what I expected; the manual element only lasted a few seconds - just enough for me to be shunted off after the long race as it turned out :-). Don't mind either way though.
Thought it went really well overall, well done.

Liked the formation lap as long as damage remains visual only; I got a bump from the back.
I will keep it at visual. I was expecting more bumps since drivers were not used to the procedure. Hopefully that'll pass!

The Megane should shine on tracks that are more well known.

Cool down laps were not what I expected; the manual element only lasted a few seconds
Thinking about it now it would depend on your finishing position on how long the cooling down effect lasts for, since it seems to finish after the last person has crossed the line. In single player you complete the lap and drive into the pits. Hmm, perhaps I might revert to "normal". That gives the driver a chance to cool down anyway. :)

@IfAndOr Any news on venues for your series?
Ah yes sorry, I was
1) Just waiting to see if anyone else had any further problems/suggestions - it seems not.
2) Pondering on whether to create a new thread to perhaps attract new racers - although when all "our crew" turn out it is quite a full room.

Anyway here's the tracklist I'm going for.

Barcelona - National / GP
Brands Hatch - Indy / GP
Dubai - Club / International
Hockenheim - Short / National
Mugello - Short / GP
Nurbergring - Sprint Short / GP
Oulton Park - Fosters / International
Red Bull Ring - National / GP
Ruapuna Park - Club / GP
Sakitto - Sprint / GP
Silverstone - National / International
Watkins Glen - International Short / GP

1st mentioned layout for the sprint races. 2nd for the "endurance" race.
I've tested both cars on all the tracks and they generally work well.

* That's why I didn't use the GP layout on Monday @John Wells :)

Last edited:
@Sick Cylinder and all I've decided to open a new thread for the Renault series. It'll stop messing this one up and will give me more control of the initial posts and results etc.

So
@John Wells
@half_sourly
@lancerevoo
@AndreasR
@Oldbass47
@Maxmusmonster
@Napalm_LT
@xeronima

And any other of Sick's recent regulars who might want to join in? - @WiSchmo @Don Mejillone @beachboy6658 @richroo @joedakiss @rj5992 @Hygrade B @Harsk100 @jammy21 and of course @Sick Cylinder
(Sorry if I've missed anyone - let me know)

The new thread is over HERE

I not tried PC2 lately ACC has me hooked, I will try it this week to test my wheel & try that car might as well I paid very little for the game and had lots of fun with some cars.

I'll let you know how it goes

Latest Posts

Back